A Plan For Discovery

hiflier

Guest keninsc

The PGF is probably one of the biggest, I don't know films in the world. It's been looked, examined, reexamined, digitized, stabilized, scrutinized and to this day there no consensus on it. Shoot, depending on what mood I'm in my own opinion changes.

Just gotta have a body.

I think the numbers suggest otherwise Norse, for certain areas anyway and certainly the area Hiflier is talking about.

Will have a look when I get home from work.

Bobbyo,

Understood, but iam talking about topography more so than elevation.

Hello keninsc,

There have been many here that have expressed a position of seeing something other than a blobsquatch. In other words, a good CLEAR video(s) or photo(s). So why not? In my estimation this is the majority of folks everywhere, not just here. Wag doesn't need one but I'll bet there would still be a wow factor should one appear. And thanks, contingencies can be in place for this. A lot of folks punt well when things change. IMO getting those with as much field experience as possible would go a long way.

Ok, so, you need a million people or so to cover the ground to get this done. So I guess the coke commercial from the '70s could be the theme song. That was I think a few million people. So your gonna need a sponsor.

Oh, just because you 'see' one, doesn't mean you get to see one in the open AKA: Patty film. They are going to be hidden behind dense trees and forest area.

So, your going to need ALL the blogtalks to get the word out, and corporate sponsorship..blah blah blah yap yap yap....

I think its safe to say: '' Bigfoots have never been safer". (And BFers have never been sillier!)

I guess its a slow month... :training:

Dig it peoples, ZERO warning points now! Now I can be BAD!!

Anyway, its nice to confirm my correct stance that BF should NOT BE EXPOSED to the moronic general public at large. You guys keep letting me know I'm more than correct.

Edited by Wag

Hello daveedoe,

Thank you! All good for contacts and information to work from. There's time for plenty of questions to be answered and see what's possible. Very useful links since there was no intention to just show up and have our way with the place. How this gets presented is going to be crucial which I think is no surprise to anyone.

Hello All,

Just so you know, I've checked out some things on the home front and as far as me going to the Olympic Penninsula it's a go. So I'm going. What I'm saying is that this plan is now officially off the ground and being the first one to bring the idea up I'm glad to be able to say that I'm the first one officially signed up to go to the OP next year. And I can now begin the process of lining up the particulars to help make it happen.

So this thread will be for discussing the idea in depth. I will start a new one to mark any progress WRT permit data and other logistics. I also want to work on the expedition's format and see if there's interest or possible input from current researchers. The ball is now officially rolling and when dates are set there can then be a timeline. I may have to rely a bit on anyone local who could get some key links like "daveedoe" did as I'm 3,000 miles away in Maine. This may be the first and last time anything like this kind of a plan gets done and I'm glad it isn't slated for next week LOL!

Edited by hiflier

Guest keninsc

I envy you that you're getting this chance. I for one will be happy to hear how it goes and the progress you make. Trying to my family all in the same place for a reunion is like trying to herd cats, so I can imagine this could get to be a coordinator's nightmare.

Hello keninsc,

I know what you mean there. But as the 65 year old wacko patriarch of the family I think everyone will just say, "OK then.....well, have a good time. Just don't do anything stupid." LOL

Edited by hiflier

SSR Team

Hello All,

Just so you know, I've checked out some things on the home front and as far as me going to the Olympic Penninsula it's a go. So I'm going. What I'm saying is that this plan is now officially off the ground and being the first one to bring the idea up I'm glad to be able to say that I'm the first one officially signed up to go to the OP next year. And I can now begin the process of lining up the particulars to help make it happen.

So this thread will be for discussing the idea in depth. I will start a new one to mark any progress WRT permit data and other logistics. I also want to work on the expedition's format and see if there's interest or possible input from current researchers. The ball is now officially rolling and when dates are set there can then be a timeline. I may have to rely a bit on anyone local who could get some key links like "daveedoe" did as I'm 3,000 miles away in Maine. This may be the first and last time anything like this kind of a plan gets done and I'm glad it isn't slated for next week LOL!

Hiflier you do know that there are various Sasquatch Research Groups who work the Olympic Peninsula ?

I can think of three off the top of my head, two of which have numbers of 30 plus in pre determined areas, multiple times per year.

The Olympic Peninsula is 2m acres of forested land..

I can't help thinking that your efforts and time will probably be best with actually joining the already large numbers that work the area, especially if you strongly believe on numbers of people will be key to this like you seem to.

Hello daveedoe,

Again thank you for your helpful input and links. Since researching this idea will need it's references what you've brought to the table will be thoroughly gone over :)

@BobbyO,

If it took 10 pages in this thread to get the kind of information you've just presented it would have been worth it. I was completely unaware of what you posted WRT to groups as large as what you said. Or the number of them. NOW what? Nothing changes really but I have new information. Re-inventing the wheel is something I've been trying to avoid obviously and knowing about those other groups helps a lot.

If they each have a policy of openess then perhaps setting up a total working group from the several already in place could be brought to their attention. Maybe they've already considered such a venture or even tried it. IDK but this is the purpose of this thread. It for delving into the possibilities and just how one is to go about getting the idea into motion. After all, it's only been 6 days since this thread came into being.

Researching all avenues, even older BFF threads is part of laying the groundwork of any new type of approach. Feedback is important. Facts will be even more important as well as discussing the idea one on one with those that have already been there. As I have said one person can't do it all; at least as effectively or as thoroughly a group but in the beginning some kind of plan is needed nonetheless. How it plays out is not entirely up to me in other words.

Thank you for adding another element to explore. Knowing what's active and when is a big step forward IMO ;)

Edited by hiflier

SSR Team

Get yourself out there H still, and enjoy it..

I know you will.

Just don't put tonnes of pressure on yourself to make things happen when you don't really need to.