Moon Phases

BobbyO

How does the moon's light emissions make a difference in your opinion?

Do you have BF in England?

I think that I have heard of the BF being sighted in Scotland, but I have only read once about a possible "Dogman"  one or 2  centuries ago killing sheep, cows, and humans. It was a horrible event, and badly frightened everybody in the area.

SSR Team

There are no un identified primates in the UK no and anyone who says there is is highly likely three sandwiches short of a picnic if you get my drift.

Fascinating stuff. Kudos to everyone bringing this data to us.

I second Gum's report on human activity during the full moon...we never had extra folks to put on but if the full moon hit on a Friday/Saturday night we knew when we went on duty it was going to rock. Catch a traditional holiday where partying is involved and add a full Moon and Katie Bar the door.

Since it seems activity of the BF is less on the new moon I couldn't help when reading the data to wonder if there is a discernible difference between the nights where the new moon is beginning and when the waxing crescent comes. In other words, are they able to tell when they are going into a new moon period, and have a few days to hunt, opposed to when the moon is set to return, waxing, and the coming nights are only going to get brighter...

BFF Patron

The figures on the left are those from the darker four moon phases when the moon emits the least amount of light and the figures on the right are from the lighter moon phases when the moon emits the most light.

The reason I look into knocks and vocals are because we know that prey animals are more likely to move around in the moon phases when the moon omits the least amount of light.

Prey animals feel more secure in darker moon phases and therefore are more active, as therefore are the predators who are looking to hunt them.

If we are to agree that Sasquatch is not a vegetarian then it's highly likely that they would know this and therefore, like other predators, use these times and utilise them to hunt as it heightens their chances, like other predators, in being successful.

If we then agree that knocking and vocalisations would be forms of communications, and then tie up with the above, it then makes sense that 100% of the random State knock reports I listed above would be in the darker moon phases and 80% of the vocalizations reports I listed above would too be in the darker moon phases.

That obviously averages to x 2 forms of potential communication being in the darker moon phases, which favour predators when hunting, 90% of the time, from four random States.

It is thought that in WA there may be different gangs or whatever the plural term is for Sasquatches throughout the State and because of that I broke the estate down in different geographical zones and environments.

When breaking those down, and using the South Cascades from the I-90 to the Columbia River, and the I-5 to the edge of the GP/Wenatchee Forest and the Desert as an example, the average % for both vocals and knock reports in the darker moon phases goes up to 71-29 which I find to be pretty interesting given the size of the number set that we can work with in that area which is over 100 reports.

I hope I've explained that enough to make sense to you and anyone else who is interested.

This to me is the type of thing that we are working towards, getting this type of information and attempting to look at patterns within numbers and attempting to see how they relate to what we already know about the natural world and attempt to apply that possibly to potential Sasquatch behaviour.

This is the way forward where Sasquatch research is concerned and I'll say that until the day I die.. ;)

BobbyO you mean emits light on those two figure lines and not omits, right?  

Edited by chelefoot

SSR Team

Waaaahhhhh yeah I guess my automated word checker failed on me there, good spot B.

Unfortunately I can't edit it now.

That’s real good …. There is a lot of promise in that data. I would like to watch this pinwheel evolve into ways simply unimaginable at present.  

SSR Team

Sal, thank you very much to editing the emits/omits post.

Loving the data guys.

Just wish I had some adequate spare time to help with the vital data input task. The guys helping with this have my utmost respect and thanks.

If any future number crunching or data analysis is required in future then I'd hopefully be in a position to assist. I'm a forecasting analyst by trade and could hopefully adapt my skills to grind out useful findings from BF related data sets.

Awesome thread. As an avid hunter and fisherman I can vouch for the 3 days before and after s full moon. Also with the four activity periods in a 24 hour period

There is always a major and minor activity period in every 12 hours. These are normally spot on. Also I'm sure a study could be done but my son is an RN. and he claims there is always more emergency visits as well as babies being born.

Good post guys! Bobby O has done a lot work in this area and I’m pretty excited to see where it leads and how it could bud into other things. I am not sure who the others are in the march here on this effort by name, but my hat tip to them as well.  

Edited by Gumshoeye

Admin

In other words, are they able to tell when they are going into a new moon period, and have a few days to hunt, opposed to when the moon is set to return, waxing, and the coming nights are only going to get brighter...

That's a great question. Not sure how to get an answer from the data though.

Good job BobbyO!

SSR Team

In other words, are they able to tell when they are going into a new moon period, and have a few days to hunt, opposed to when the moon is set to return, waxing, and the coming nights are only going to get brighter...

Just my $0.02, I think they would absolutely be aware of the various natural events and occurrences that happen within their home domain of a forest and how it/they would influence other animals (especially prey) and their behaviour.

Predators use, and need to use, any advantage that they can possibly have, and that includes the moon.

IMO the moon wouldn't deter Sasquatches from hunting at any time but and again, like other Predators, there may be times within a month where there are moon phases that give them a hunting advantage and I have no doubt whatsoever that they would then utilise them.

A preferred time to hunt, for want of a better term.

Something to member though Guys, everything we are doing right now is trial and error.

What I mean by that is that the numbers I gave above are from the four darkest moon phases and I have analysed those and those only.

What I haven't done is taken into consideration how other Predators hunt and the available analysis that already been done on them and translated that to our subject, yet, which would alter the numbers.

African lions for example, one of the worlds top Predators, these Guys undoubtedly use the Moon (or lack of it in this case) to their advantage where hunting is concerned as the study shows.

They start becoming active where hunting is concerned just after the full moon and not necessarily in the four darkest moon phases, but when the moon starts to wane and starts to eventually give them more of an advantage with every passing night until a new moon.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0022285

I am not sure who the others are in the march here on this effort by name, but my hat tip to them as well.  [/font][/color][/size]

That would be the Guy above this post ( Gigantor ) who flies under the radar yet without him, what we are doing wouldn't be possible so he really IS the man, and redbone too who is putting in some serious hours currently that will be absolute priceless where the long term goal is concerned.

Edited by BobbyO

Just my $0.02, I think they would absolutely be aware of the various natural events and occurrences that happen within their home domain of a forest and how it/they would influence other animals (especially prey) and their behaviour.

Predators use, and need to use, any advantage that they can possibly have, and that includes the moon.

IMO the moon wouldn't deter Sasquatches from hunting at any time but and again, like other Predators, there may be times within a month where there are moon phases that give them a hunting advantage and I have no doubt whatsoever that they would then utilise them.

A preferred time to hunt, for want of a better term.

Something to member though Guys, everything we are doing right now is trial and error.

What I mean by that is that the numbers I gave above are from the four darkest moon phases and I have analysed those and those only.

What I haven't done is taken into consideration how other Predators hunt and the available analysis that already been done on them and translated that to our subject, yet, which would alter the numbers.

African lions for example, one of the worlds top Predators, these Guys undoubtedly use the Moon (or lack of it in this case) to their advantage where hunting is concerned as the study shows.

They start becoming active where hunting is concerned just after the full moon and not necessarily in the four darkest moon phases, but when the moon starts to wane and starts to eventually give them more of an advantage with every passing night until a new moon.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0022285

That would be the Guy above this post ( Gigantor ) who flies under the radar yet without him, what we are doing wouldn't be possible so he really IS the man, and redbone too who is putting in some serious hours currently that will be absolute priceless where the long term goal is concerned.

It reminds me of parable I’ve told a few times of hoboes walking the streets always keeping the sun to their back, in the case of lion hunt during the waning moon, I see some parallel advantage lurking in shadows of receding light.

Thank you Bobby O...

Gigantor and Redbone are fine, fine people who rarely receive the praise for all the behind the scene expertise they apply in making not only the Moon Phase project possible, but the Bigfoot Forum run as a well- oiled machine. They too deserve our accolades for the untiring work they do …  Thank you guys. Cheers and hat tips!

Edited by Gumshoeye

SSR Team

Loving the data guys.

Just wish I had some adequate spare time to help with the vital data input task. The guys helping with this have my utmost respect and thanks.

If any future number crunching or data analysis is required in future then I'd hopefully be in a position to assist. I'm a forecasting analyst by trade and could hopefully adapt my skills to grind out useful findings from BF related data sets.

All n good time Mark, I'll add your name to the list..;)

Thanks.

• Upvote 1