Let's Do Some Math...

OK I'll guess for real, perhaps around 200?

And I'll guess that your estimation might not be very far off. That map covers some pretty "Squatchy" areas on both side of the state line.

• Upvote 1

Well, it looks like around 7500 square miles of, as Branco points out, prime areas. I think there may be several tens of thousands of BF distributed widely. So 200 here seemed about right, might even be low. But I did not grid anything out or crunch any numbers on the computer...

To me, the sheer volume of consistent reports of something that isn't supposed to exist argues that it isn't exactly rare.

In a 100 square mile area I've been searching for bigfoot for the past 20 years. I've only seen 3 bigfoots, 5 cougars, and 6 black bears.

All my bigfoot   sightings were at a low to medium elevation at or near my campsite.

All my cougar  sightings were at a medium to high elevation always on the road.

All my black bear sightings were from a low to high elevation,  on the road, along a trail, or from a stakeout.

Would bigfoot densities be comparable to black bear densities then, or would grizzlies be a better model because of their size? If bigfoot densities are much much lower than say grizzly bear densities, why would that be?

Confirming the Animal would be a Great start.

Until then, one two three four I declare a thumb war...

Guest SquatchinNY

If I could have one month with a high tech military drone, I could confirm you a bigfoot.

Safly, I do not have clearence or money for that.

Flying over the creeks and rivers in the Ouachitas at night with a search and rescue or police chopper equipped with the nicer Flir units would probably work but doubt anyone is gonna pull that off anytime soon. Imagine doing this in the winter when the leaves are off the hardwoods and the other trees are thin conifers , pretty hard to hide the heat ...

Confirming the Animal would be a Great start.

Until then, one two three four I declare a thumb war...

Not my fault.  That's the mainstream's fault.  The numbers would be staring them right in the face.  If they, you know, looked.

There's no topic of which those skeptical so clearly broadcast their need to pay attention as this one.  When this animal's confirmed everybody will do what everybody does:  go back to figure out How This Could Possibly Have Happened.  That will be one of science's biggest setbacks ever.  You think there are a lot of people who distrust scientists now?  Just wait.

Yes, it's always just wait and see. Just wait.

But the thumb war is happening right now.

The guys responsible for the proof could just listen to what's actually happening, and go out and get it.  Might be nice, it being their job and all.

It's not for scientists to wait until a bunch of charitably-part-time amateurs hand them the proof.  It's their job to get it; thumb war is all on them.