N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

Admin

First of all, with all of the reports I have read with hunting dogs involved, not one says anything except how their Dog who was "fearless" before this,  ran back to the owner and hid behind them, or ran to the truck to hide in the corner of their box. With that being said, how could you be so sure your dogs would not do the same thing? One thing I do agree with you is, that 6 dogs weighing 120 lbs.  that were not afraid and attacked a Bigfoot, clamping and latching on to it, yes I think a Bigfoot might be in  trouble.    A bigfoot is going to defend itself, and has a history of disliking dogs, with the exception of one report I have read where a Bigfoot allegedly played with the family dog. Whether that is true or not is debatable. If a Bigfoot grabbed a Branch while surrounded by the dogs, i think the dogs would be in grave Danger. I think the biggest problem with this whole scenario is what would the dogs do when that moment arrived? It would be a live or die decision, what would they do?

I really can't imagine a trained dog being afraid of any animal.   You are citing another one of the Sasquatch's magical abilities.

If the dog is threatened, that means the master is threatened, and the dogs survival instincts go out the window immediately.

First of all, with all of the reports I have read with hunting dogs involved, not one says anything except how their Dog who was "fearless" before this, ran back to the owner and hid behind them, or ran to the truck to hide in the corner of their box. With that being said, how could you be so sure your dogs would not do the same thing? One thing I do agree with you is, that 6 dogs weighing 120 lbs. that were not afraid and attacked a Bigfoot, clamping and latching on to it, yes I think a Bigfoot might be in trouble. A bigfoot is going to defend itself, and has a history of disliking dogs, with the exception of one report I have read where a Bigfoot allegedly played with the family dog. Whether that is true or not is debatable. If a Bigfoot grabbed a Branch while surrounded by the dogs, i think the dogs would be in grave Danger. I think the biggest problem with this whole scenario is what would the dogs do when that moment arrived? It would be a live or die decision, what would they do?

I've heard these reports as well. And all we have to go on are other peoples experiences.

I've watched video of a hiker's Rott chase a Griz out of his campsite.

Lots of variables here, like the breed and sex of the dog. And if it's alone or in numbers. And how it was trained.

Regardless it's a tough nut to crack. You need a once in a lifetime encounter while to hauling a pack of dogs with you. And then it's still an experiment from there. ;)

Cur dogs vs. Dogo against Hog

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwqwc8nThB0

Dogo vs Bigfoot? What ever happens it will go quick, Dogos are like linebackers not giving quarry time to get set. The hit you full force and then latch on and rip and tear

Admin

Those Dogo's were not afraid one bit.  But, what would they do if met with a 9' pissed off Male Bigfoot, with a 9 foot arm span? Their fearless attitude would either see them live or die, because that is what would happen. Kill or be killed. I love dogs too much to risk their lives, being this would be breaking new ground as far as catching a Bigfoot.

It's a very interesting question. I would love to have a ringside seat at that fight.

I will say this for the Dogo, if 6 of those were not afraid of a Bigfoot, the Bigfoot better get Dog Fightin Mad, or he might lose. Those were some Bad dogs, I mean that in a good way.

That's an expensive animal to put in harms way. Around $3500.00 and up for a Puppy.

Agreed they are expensive.

I love dogs too, but the dogs I am around serve a purpose and would be miserable as a normal house pet. Fighting dogs for entertainment is dead wrong. But by hunting dogs provides food for the table the original purpose of the dog and us. And I think it is why we get along so well. Our ancestors were bipedal wolves armed with spears.

Here is a heart warming story.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iVej2NmLfdg

I've read reports where researcher/enthusiasts have taken their pet dogs with them BFing.  Always thought they were nuts to do that, given the report history of BF and dogs.  I think we can all agree what would happen with Fido all alone against a BF...

I've read reports where researcher/enthusiasts have taken their pet dogs with them BFing.  Always thought they were nuts to do that, given the report history of BF and dogs.  I think we can all agree what would happen with Fido all alone against a BF...

So, man has been taking dogs into the wilds with him ever since dogs were domesticated...right to this day.  You think folks are nuts to take their dogs with them looking for a bf?  How is that any different from taking a dog on a canoe trip or hiking trip.  Doe a bf know you are bfing so it will only harm your dog then?  lol  I would think a bigfooter's dog is probably pretty darn safe from your bigfoot.  :-)

t.

One of the NAWAC's mysteries is they do not know where the BF hang out or bed down, before and after they raid the cabin area.  Are there large private plots nearby that they are not allowed to explore?  Could be they hang in those folks back 40, never bothering those owners.  Or is it all public land the NAWAC can roam?

If Area "X" is indeed the Branson place (as listed on the official LeFlore county plat) then, it is 10 acres, period.  The closest public land (Honobia Creek GMA) is ~1/2 to the south, after you cross 300 acres of (other) private land, to get there. The above reference link (video(s) from the presentation) is disturbing in that several of these people act like they're extremely frightened when noises/things are seen and begin to shoot first and ask questions later. The scary thing is none of the situations covered in them is anywhere close to a condition red, much less black.  No bueno.

• Upvote 1

Here is Bipto's commentary on the recent trees falling in Area X:

http://thebigfootshow.com/2014/07/10/tree-trouble/

It is quite a bit different from the speculation that abounded on this thread. Seems to me this would have been easy to explain simply be providing a link to this page, as in: "this is the official explanation of the tree snap" or some such.

Admin

Agreed they are expensive.

I love dogs too, but the dogs I am around serve a purpose and would be miserable as a normal house pet. Fighting dogs for entertainment is dead wrong. But by hunting dogs provides food for the table the original purpose of the dog and us. And I think it is why we get along so well. Our ancestors were bipedal wolves armed with spears.

Here is a heart warming story.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iVej2NmLfdg

I can't get those Dogo's out of my mind. They just showed no fear whatsoever, and that Boar had no chance. I just wonder how they would react face to face with a Squatch? They are impressive, to say the least, but the size of a Bigfoot, and the strength it has,  might give it a slight advantage. Consider this, Some stick structures are made with trees that weigh more than a Dogo. With that said, I would have to consider the fact that if a Bigfoot gets a grasp on one of those it would just tear it apart or crush it's skull, or even beat it up against a tree. Pure speculation of course. Also, while a Bigfoot was giving it's attention to one of the dogs, the remaining dogs attacked. If there was a Dog who could give as much as it gets, it would be a Dogo.

I Digress....

^ Some of us have already linked that story several pages back Sal. It's good to get it posted again though, just to show the difference in what was told to us originally by Bipto and what the actual investigation showed. That's why I say it is Bipto that caused all of this by making a statement before he knew what happened. I'm sure the conversation would have been different if that had been the case.

There are posts in this thread of Bipto chastising people for not reading back in the thread, so I was disappointed when he decided to leave after admitting he didn't read the posts in question.

I thought the tree break discussion was what should be expected when the claimant leaves for a week, it was repetitive, but polite for the most part.  Mostly physics related banter, but certainly not what I would call antagonistic or belittling of any one.

• Upvote 1

I can't get those Dogo's out of my mind. They just showed no fear whatsoever, and that Boar had no chance. I just wonder how they would react face to face with a Squatch? They are impressive, to say the least, but the size of a Bigfoot, and the strength it has, might give it a slight advantage. Consider this, Some stick structures are made with trees that weigh more than a Dogo. With that said, I would have to consider the fact that if a Bigfoot gets a grasp on one of those it would just tear it apart or crush it's skull, or even beat it up against a tree. Pure speculation of course. Also, while a Bigfoot was giving it's attention to one of the dogs, the remaining dogs attacked. If there was a Dog who could give as much as it gets, it would be a Dogo.

I Digress....

All mammals share a biological fact, we all have a front and a back. One Dogo vs one Bigfoot doesn't have much of a chance. Add to that if a Bigfoot like other dangerous game like Bears or Cats look for a defensive place to pick a fight. Such as a large tree or rock that they can back up to? It can be tough for the dog. And there are lots of those in the mountainous forested regions in which Bigfoot is reported to roam.

But by the time you get to four dogs, any time you even remotely square to the threat of one dog even with your back to a wall? You open your back up to a attack. If you hunt your dogs together they begin to work in concert, much like wolves, as a single enveloping entity. And that is just so tough to defend against.

I know this much, which is sad to contemplate, but even if the Bigfoot defeated all four Dogos? He would be maimed and bleeding and hurt and I feel would be easy to track. And it would be imperative to track and dispatch it because you wouldn't want that pissed off animal stumbling into a group of picnickers.

This would have to happen some place remote, but you could still bracket the chase and have flankers out ahead of the chase. It would be costly, and require a team of men.

I still have my yaggi antenna and collars, newer gps tracking equipment is also available.

And lastly it would be a horrible death for a Bigfoot, a death of a thousand cuts. I'd much rather take one cleanly or better yet find one dead naturally. But obviously the bar is set high for a lone hunter to be at the right place at the right time. Or canine friends are faster, tougher, more attuned to their senses and just flat give us an edge.

Of course with this comes tons of dedication, cost and man hours for the human master. Ultimately it's your dog and you are responsible to him to be bringing up the rear and find him if he is lost, hurt or dead. Many days and nights I just wanted a hot shower, hot food and a bed. But if you don't know where your dogs are you keep going......it's a bond.

• Upvote 2

Admin

I agree on all points Norseman. +1 to your post.  I know all about the bond... and if my dogs were hurt by whatever, I'm going to take it personally, and there will be accountability.