N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

norseman & Wv Footer

Chasing these creatures with dogs is a good idea ,but the dogs will not have a chance and will end up dead or be running back with tails tuck between their back legs. I have always had this idea that these creatures have always runned with coyotes or have used them as hunting partners or maybe even as pets. I know that this sounds strange but I am sure that there are otherswho can relate to to this. I have always taken my dogs with me and they always seem to be on that high alert and when these creatures are around my dogs seem to stay closer to me and not wonder.

I also have a bond with my dogs and believe me if these creatures were to ever hurt my dogs. I would go after them with venges and they know this. I have no problem to ever kill one of these creatures if it ever come down to it. Even though I might have said some strange things about them and what I have expierance I have no problem of killing them. I have thought about it many times and have talked to certain people that I know about it during bow season.

I understand what Bibto has gone through and some times there are things that are hard to explain. People some times want to much from what was observed. These creatures realy do not leave to much as evidence unless you are able to get a shot in with a rifle or a cross bow or a bow. Yes, a body is all that it will take to prove their existance and the problem with that is ? How human they look. The longer you take aim the more time you have to think about what you are about to do. I sure as heck do not want that guilt do be on my soul or heart. I would rather wonder the woods looking for a corpes to bring that back then to kill one. I just can not agree that these creatures are wood apes.

• Upvote 3

Admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cstl-8xHAE

Starting at ~:59:30, another incident of gunfire at a less than positively ID'd target.

That is truly alarming. If their recreation was accurate, I would be very concerned for anyone in that area. 

• Upvote 1

Admin

Ummhumm...  yeah. Totally plausible.

Edited by gigantor

Here is Bipto's commentary on the recent trees falling in Area X:

http://thebigfootshow.com/2014/07/10/tree-trouble/

It is quite a bit different from the speculation that abounded on this thread. Seems to me this would have been easy to explain simply be providing a link to this page, as in: "this is the official explanation of the tree snap" or some such.

With the tree actually being broken ~20' up from the base, would that not lessen the force required to do so by a large degree?

FWIW, I have observed several trees "break" for no apparent reason with the first (~1968) being a lateral limb (~18" diameter) on a large hackberry tree while we were at the swimmin' hole on Big Cypress creek in north Alabama. Loud creaking/cracking shortly followed by a snap and crash as it fell to the ground. No wind or rain, sunshine day.

~2 summers ago, while up on the Rogers county (Oklahoma) lease, we were riding in a Bad Boy (electric ATV) and observed a hickory tree swaying and shaking some 30 yards off the ATV trail. Thinking a bobcat (or something similar) had saw us and fled up it, we stopped to check it out. Nothing was it it and the swaying continued for a few more seconds before the tree snapped at ~10' from the base and crashed into an adjacent tree.

Last August, one of the pecan trees out back basically did the same thing in that a large (~24" diameter) lateral limb (~10' up from the base) began to creak/crack before just snapping and taking out a section of fence as it hit the ground.

The arborist that came out said it collapsed as a result of the overabundance of fruit on it (we had a very wet spring last year) coupled with the 2007 ice storm damage and subsequent drought (we're technically still in it) simply had culminated in a series of stressful events the tree could no longer tolerate.

SE Oklahoma has been in the same drought over the past ~5 years as well.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

For sure drought stress and sequential ice storms break trees up badly in conjunction with one another....... I saw it one winter in a silver maple of mine.  

Yuchi1...Hackberry are notorious for that. They throw out these huge ponderous limbs the tree can't support.  How this adaptation advances the species, I'm not sure, but it happens all the time.  They almost seem like they are designed to shed otherwise healthy branches that just get too danged large. I had one in my yard almost split itself in two on a calm sunny day. Don't tie your tire swing to one, ever!

BFF Patron

Here is Bipto's commentary on the recent trees falling in Area X:

http://thebigfootshow.com/2014/07/10/tree-trouble/

It is quite a bit different from the speculation that abounded on this thread. Seems to me this would have been easy to explain simply be providing a link to this page, as in: "this is the official explanation of the tree snap" or some such.

Yes what is so hard about that?!  Instead of,  I'm taking my ball and going home because you guys had a rave while I was gone?  

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 3

That is truly alarming. If their recreation was accurate, I would be very concerned for anyone in that area. 

That's what I've been saying all along.

This incident, along ith the Echo incident, are the exact opposite of responsible firearms handling.

norseman & Wv Footer

Chasing these creatures with dogs is a good idea ,but the dogs will not have a chance and will end up dead or be running back with tails tuck between their back legs. I have always had this idea that these creatures have always runned with coyotes or have used them as hunting partners or maybe even as pets. I know that this sounds strange but I am sure that there are otherswho can relate to to this. I have always taken my dogs with me and they always seem to be on that high alert and when these creatures are around my dogs seem to stay closer to me and not wonder.

I also have a bond with my dogs and believe me if these creatures were to ever hurt my dogs. I would go after them with venges and they know this. I have no problem to ever kill one of these creatures if it ever come down to it. Even though I might have said some strange things about them and what I have expierance I have no problem of killing them. I have thought about it many times and have talked to certain people that I know about it during bow season.

I understand what Bibto has gone through and some times there are things that are hard to explain. People some times want to much from what was observed. These creatures realy do not leave to much as evidence unless you are able to get a shot in with a rifle or a cross bow or a bow. Yes, a body is all that it will take to prove their existance and the problem with that is ? How human they look. The longer you take aim the more time you have to think about what you are about to do. I sure as heck do not want that guilt do be on my soul or heart. I would rather wonder the woods looking for a corpes to bring that back then to kill one. I just can not agree that these creatures are wood apes.

Have you ever hunted a Dogo before ? Are you a houndsman? No? Then please don't tell me how Fido acts! It's irrelevant!!!

Admin

Although I have hunted with Dogs, I am not a real Big fan of the Practice. But the Dogo is a Breed of Dog that I believe would be a very good candidate to track down and possibly, at the least, injure a Squatch pretty bad.

One could most likely not train a dog to track a sasquatch without having sasquatch odor to train it with.

Just as you can't train a dog to detect cocaine by training it with heroin odor.

Similarly...

You can't train a dog to detect sasquatch by training it with *monkey odor*.

Too many variables and not worth the investment of time to train up a dog that can detect ape odor eatting zoo provided ape food......but not sasquatch.

Just shoot and kill one for crimeny sake.

Give me a part of the hide and I will train up your "sasquatch detecting dog" for you.

. Enough with the gun safety "concerns."  

gun safety should always be a concern....firearms handling 101 and basic knowledge among most credible outdoorsmen / hunters , or should be.

fwiw,  that " willing to face the music" stance might vary  depending  on which end of the weapon you're standing on.

• Upvote 4