BC witness

Field Trips

339 posts in this topic

My wife and I went up to the top Of Marys Peak just west of Corvallis Oregon yesterday. Looked for tracks, the only tracks found were some bird tracks, human foot prints and mt bike tracks. Was beautiful first nice no rain day in a long time, there was fresh snow about 500 ft below the top. It was 36 degree and the snow was melting fat off the trees, captured this shot and a few others, beautiful ! Lots of mt bikers found out later there was an mt bike event called mudslingers. Great day but no signs of the big guy. 

20170415_112404.jpg

It was a beautiful day yesterday and one of the warmer ones as of late. Wish I could have gotten out but chores got in the way. Thanks for sharing Dave. Great picture of the snow and the view. I noticed there was still fresh snow in the hills east of Vancouver WA yesterday. The day made up for the hail storms we had the day before. 

Beautiful country.  Your wife going along ... that put a smile on my face.  "That's a thing."   Thanks much for sharing the pictures.

MIB

Thanks BC, looks like the weather was good for you too. I like the Buddha, nice shrine out in the woods. I wonder what Bigfoot would think? 

"5 hours on the rough Chehalis Lake logging road, where we went 35 km "

Sounds like pretty slow going, averaging 7 Kpm.  This one sounds a lot rougher than many BC Forestry Service roads I have been on. Is it maintained by the government, or the logging company?

BC great that your wife wanted to go along.      The reports of BF being sensitive about and even showing themselves to people with handicaps sure makes me think they are not only sentient but perhaps better than some humans about that sort of thing.    We are down right a mean race of beings for the most part.   

Mike, that's 35 km each way, so a little faster, maybe 15km/hr, with stops along the way to check things out, take pics, biffy breaks for my wife (quite a production to get into the FS outhouse in a wheelchair!!!), so a very leisurely pace, for sure. The first half of the road is currently active logging, so probably maintained by the logging company, hence the locked gate at the Statlu Creek entry point, and the rest of the road to the campsite would be maintained by the FS Parks people, I think.

SWWASAS, I haven't read any reports about Sas/Bigfoot sensitivity to disabled persons, but there are a lot of reports that I've not gotten to reading yet. Yes, we can be mean S.O.B.s at times, wish it wasn't so.

Dave, the Buddha was new to me, about 5km off pavement, and must have been built in the last 3 or 4 years, since I was last up this road system. My sweety used to spend a lot of time in the shotgun seat on my outings, but in the last few years, often declines due to constant pain.

Awesome photos guys! I plussed you both!