Willow Creek ( May Include Spoilers)

dmaker

I just bought it and watched it.  Pretty good movie!

The first 3/4 is funny and the last 1/4 is actually pretty dark and scary.

Especially the very end.

Really didn't need that biy of nudity at the end... I was bothered by that.....

:huh:

What did I miss?

After the credits or something?

Or the skinny dipping scene?

Edited by slabdog

My brother has lived in Willow creek for the last 25 years.  I love that area and all its history.  He is the manager for a hundred acre ranch up there, you can walk 15 feet into the woodline and totally vanish.....pretty cool/creepy.  He has found what he thinks is a mountain lion dumpsite/dinnertable with multiple deer carcasses in a pile.  There is tons of deer on his property so he is pretty sure the kitty is killin them and dragging them to the same spot to eat them.  As for the movie I have only seen the trailer....looks pretty good. 

James 

• 1 month later...

Found the Movie pretty hit and miss. The build up around Willow Creek was great but you can tell Bob needs to brush up on his horror directing skills. 

As for the end of the movie....

My take on it was that the BF had abducted the now feral missing woman and that is why she was in the vicinity of the upcoming attack. Can we assume that the 'skeptical' girlfriend suffers the same fate as the missing woman and joins the big guys harem?  :spiteful:

• 4 weeks later...

Got the DVD from Netflix and saw the movie yesterday.

Bad B movie and too long, but for BF enthusiasts it was ok. 

For those of us who have been to Willow Creek, the movie closely matches what the town offers the tourist.

The tent scene was long and I had to fast forward it a few times, but it was the most real and scary part of the movie (I discounted the last scene which was over the top with the missing woman showing up and the killing of the young man).

The tent scene brought me back to a solo backpacking trip I made years ago were a bear showed up at night and circled my tent a few times and would not leave. 

I don't carry weapons, so like the folks in the tent, I was hoping that the bear will just go away (it did after numerous attempts at opening the bear box).

I had other experiences with bear, deer, and cougar (only heard it) outside my tent and feel that the fright experience (of not knowing what/who is approaching you at night in wilderness and making approaching noises) was well captured in the movie (regardless of whether it was BF or not).

• 1 month later...

As for the end of the movie....

My take on it was that the BF had abducted the now feral missing woman and that is why she was in the vicinity of the upcoming attack. Can we assume that the 'skeptical' girlfriend suffers the same fate as the missing woman and joins the big guys harem?  :spiteful:

Yep this is right. The missing woman became Bigfoot's bride so to speak, and same happens with the guy's girlfriend. At the end you can also hear multiple calls so you know this is a group of Sasquatch and not just one.

There is another movie out called Bigfoot County that is really similar to this one. It's mostly filmed in Happy Camp rather than Willow Creek. I actually had the two movies confused for a while because they're so similar.

Edited by roguefooter

I didn't think much of the movie and the ending left it up to you whether it was BF or man

If you look at the missing women poster, look at the necklace in the picture, I think it is the same one that the nutcase has on that prevented them from going down the road

So if you connect missing poster, necklace, nutcase and naked women together than you think physco 

If you connect missing poster, footprints, naked woman and video footage of man being drug away at a high rate of speed than you think BF