Eye Glow Seen In New Jersey By Law Enforcement Officer

Matt Moneymaker recently tweeted about talking with a New Jersey  Law Enforcement Officer. who reported glowing red eyes. He even mentioned about the various colors they will glow(not Shine!)
https://twitter.com/MattMoneymaker1

Thoughts??

I find it interesting to hear him mention this and frankly, am glad he did because I have personally experienced this.

Edited by WV FOOTER
Edited Text per Hellbilly's Request.

Guest lightheart

Cliff Barackman offers a well-reasoned theory for this phenomenon on his website www.cliffbarackman.com.

This is a major stumbling block I have in my 'belief'. In otherwise completely believable accounts, by credible witnesses (scott herriot's comes to mind) this crops up and throws it off. It seems unlikely that it is some kind of bio-luminescence as it would serve no purpose to the animal other than scaring us, of which I'm sure there would be more effective ways. Perhaps the dialation of the pupil when under threat cause some kind of light anomily.

However this could be solved by cutting one open and having a poke around.........

CC

CC

I understand how this can bother some people and that is why I thought it was important to note that someone as well known as Matt would mention it.(and "tell you where you heard it first" MM)

I don't know how they do it but that they do. The red eye glow I saw was within 12' and as big around as a 50 cent coin(1.25"). I was not shining a light on it or have a light on at all. I have a friend that's career Army(24 yr. SF sniper) and he has seen them change color while he was looking at them. Kinda like a big mood ring.

I am pretty sure the red eye glow means: NOT happy

Hellbilly, you need to get yer pal on here to share his story!

Mood ring bigfoot...that's something else.

I would agree that red means 'watch out'.

Regarding MM - well, I don't put much stock in what he says anymore.  (Remember Matilda?)

Cotter

He is over 70 and has limited internet access but did manage to file a report w/ NABS. See "Interesting Report From NABS" thread in the sightings section. He's old school cool and uses the internet at the library.

It makes me wonder how many unreported cases are out there, by our older citizens who have no use or access or inclination to file a report.

As for MM and Matilda, I didn't agree with his assessment of Matilda and wondered if he had seen or was privy to info that most of us were not. I found his frankness on the controversial subject of eye glow refreshing though and a bold statement by a big player in the BFdom.

Admin

Don't buy it at all...

• Upvote 3

Guest insanity42

I have to agree with Cliff's assessment of this being much more likely a case of eyeshine than it is of a bioluminescence emitted from the eyes. The eyes may very well be glowing, but not due to bioluminescence.

I believe the prosimians are the only primates known to have a tapetum ludicum, which is the layer of tissue in the eye that causes eyeshine. That being said, I do not think it can be completely ruled out beyond all doubt of another group of primates possessing that feature as well. The night monkeys of South America are nocturnal and do not have a tapetum ludicum, so it seems to would be possible for another primate species to be nocturnal without it as well.

Hellbilly, thanks for starting this thread, and for sharing your observations. 

Apehuman, who hasn't posted in a long while, saw eyeglow, and also saw light emanating from the eyes of a BF. She mentions the emanating thing briefly here: http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/40784-eyeglow-encounters/page-9#entry731450

Apparently OHZoologist may have seen the cone of light, too, but I can't find his post on that. 

Apehuman started a thread on eyeglow called "Eyeglow Encounters": http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/40784-eyeglow-encounters/?hl=%2Beyeglow+%2Bencounters

LeafTalker

Thanks for the post and the links, I remember that thread and had waded through 6 pages looking for it before starting the thread. Apologies to NJ and the LEO's.

I did not realize MM has been speaking of this for a year.. I wonder if he too has seen eye glow as he seems "all in" on this?

Guest insanity42

Cliff Barackman offers a well-reasoned theory for this phenomenon on his website www.cliffbarackman.com.

Are you talking about where he compares it to mice?  Even he admits that is pretty tenuous.

I am certain that was the point of comparing it to the mice. In his notes on that episode of Finding Bigfoot, he states that he disagrees with Moneymaker's hypothesis. The reference to the mice is him citing the only literature he could find that could possibly support bioluminescence in vertebrate eyes.

http://cliffbarackman.com/finding-bigfoot/finding-bigfoot-episode-guide/finding-bigfoot-season-four/finding-bigfoot-season-four-super-yooper-sasquatch/

He further states that there are problems with Moneymaker's hypothesis and that he thinks there is another explanation, which he essentially goes to suggest eyeshine as being more likely.

I have personally seen silvery whitish, brother saw what he described as "amber" and a friend took a photo while a juvenile's eyes had starting going from pinkish orange to ????  Took the pic and didn't stick around too long.......

Also, I've read that some have reported glowing but not mentioning a specific color and I don't know what to make of that phenomena????

Edited by Sunflower