So... Renae Of ' Finding Bigfoot ' Now Admits She Believes Bigfoot Exist

Bonehead74

Um clownboy i hope you dont mean they were just acting? cliff really is a teacher,and bobo is really a sort of mountain man in that he usf to be a logger and spends alot of time in the wilderness. if you dont mean they are just acting then i dont get your post

Yes, you do get it. They were Hired to play a role that they are close to in real life. Thus someone drew the short straw and had to pretend to not believe.

Belief in something and skepticism about the same thing's existence are not necessarily mutually exclusive positions.  Belief is about faith, while skepticism is an essential element of scientific reasoning.

For example, one can believe in the existence of a Higher Power, but yet be skeptical of Its existence.  That seems to be the best characterization of Renae's view on bigfoot.

I have to admit I'm a bit taken back by her belief in spiritual nature of Bigfoot. I know a native american who claims BF is a shapeshifter, and another NA that says it simply does not exist....so, there is diversity amongst the native americans as well

I had the opportunity to spend some time with her very recently and I have to say that I think Renae is great!  She was super nice, helpful, kind and very pretty.  She was sincere and logical, and willing to be open minded.  I am a big fan of hers now and I wish her all the best!!

beliefs do change.

Four years ago, Ranae could easily have been more skeptical and didn't believe.

Now - after many new experiences, meeting people with different ideas and more time to think - what she believes could well be different.

Tim

Perhaps she is trying to convey she believes in the 'belief' that it is spiritual.  She doenst have to accept its an animal but that someone 'believes' they saw it.  

Sounds confusing..

How scientific. 

You can believe bigfoot is a flesh and blood creature and that can still be scientifically valid. You cant believe in spirits and still so.

I have a great deal of reverence for Native American folklore regarding nature. We live in a land of many great forests, and such legends can help us get closer to our natural resources on a personal, spiritual level. But, to take such stories as facts will further distort our actual understanding of how our ecosystems truly work. 

FWIW, Spiritual might be kind of a vague description for an acknowledgement of existence that she doesn't understand given the present paradigm or it's a euphemism trying not to totally alienate her viewing audience...

• Upvote 1

Agreed. She knows she's going to be eviscerated by the majority of other bigfooters for even considering such a thing. After all, what is the only thing most bigfoot believers despise more than a hard-nosed skeptic? Yep, a "paranormal bigfoot" believer.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion and it's childish to despise anyone for it, especially when it's something that's totally unproven to exist. If somebody thinks Bigfoot is some alien from the heavens that dresses as a bear and turns into Bigfoot during full moon's... so be it.