Primate Arm Found

Guest lightheart

Guest lightheart

It would be nice to have a little more information at this point no matter what it turns out to be. .....gator, feral monkey, canid, whatever.

Edited by lightheart

I guess it is good to get dna results as a concrete answer, but wouldn't an expert in the field of bone identification pretty much know as soon as they inspected the remains? or viewed decent photos? I'm asking, I  don't know how difficult it is to absolutely verify remains. I just figured someone would look at it and say, "oh, that is the x bones of an x or something. Maybe science has become dependent upon DNA to the exclusion of visual methods?

On a positive note, it's still something to discuss. Been a bit boring this summer. I read that the bones were found near a possible trackway which is why possibly the primate thought came into play. I can understand why they got excited, it is an unusual find.

Something curious though that I've read several times that " it's too small to be from a bigfoot". Are all these creatures born eight feet tall?

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if anyone wants to read this, but, the reason this "primate arm" drew my attention is because I ran into a very similar case in Clarke County, AL during one of, or the, first trip down there. A woman saw, photographed and carefully carried off from a rural, illegal dump site an arm or leg of something that was very, very similar to this one. She took it to the county sheriff's office and they called in the state's dept of natural resources because they could see it was not from a human. The game & fish agency said they weren't sure what it was, so it was sent to the state's crime lab in Mobile by the sheriff.

The "bones" had been at the lab a month or more when I arrived and found out about it. Mike McLain's sister-in-law helped me track down the photo. The photo of the bones was shown to a veterinarian who could not identify the animal they came from. The woman checked with the county sheriff, but he had not received a report from the crime lab, After a long delay, the sheriff called the crime lab. They said that they had thrown away the bones because they were were not from a human and not part of a crime scene investigation.

Although all those involved were PO'ed, the crime lab had no legal obligation to try to identify the bones. 

Those "old" bones and these "new ones" were so similar it's weird. The bones from down there still had some light brown hair on them. Just thought some might like to know about that other case of "bones".

• Upvote 2

Very interesting Branco.  Too bad those bones were thrown away.  And now I see more of your interest in these bones, although a many have mentioned they have been labeled as "primate" and the terms BF and skunkape were attached from the getgo.  Feels like bait and wait game on this one.  Maybe they will get lost too.  Hope not, because we all want the DNA or at least expert analysis.

Admin

It's no big deal.

Stacy Brown isn't an anatomist, he's just presenting what he found and we should be appreciative of his efforts. I'm sure he wasn't trying to fool anyone.

Thanks Mr Brown and good luck in your future endeavors, hope you find the real deal someday!

• Upvote 2

I've been thinking about this.  I think the short length makes this so very obvious.  It's an arm from a TRex that escaped from the Orlando facility.  And it's not hair, but very fine feathers on the bones. 

The fact that he even found this is a testament to all the time he must be putting in the field. Regardless of what it ends up being....great work.

I can't find the link right now (thought it was posted in this thread but couldn't find the info), but I don't think Brown found the arm.  My memory is that a police officer found the arm on his property and didn't want his name put out in public and brown was called in to investigate.  I think that is how Brown got the arm from what I read on a write up about this somewhere.

Yes, I read something about someone involved with the PD.  Now I have to dig up where I read that, and I have already tried.  And he didn't want his name or attention from official channels I believe.

Ok, it was the video posted on the previous page (page 5, post #82) where the guy was examining the leg.  He says the bones were found on land of someone in the local police community.  And that this person wanted their identity to be kept private so they contact the FWC instead of authorities.  It does not say WHO found the bones, which I find a little odd - there are some strange bits of info either attached to or left out of this whole story IMO.  It seems like the landowner would be the person to have likely found the bones, but it does not specifically say.  Inferring from what is said and what is left out that is my take however.  If Brown found the bones the chances he would not have promptly claimed to have found them is very small IMHO.  Instead he has "come into possession" as logically inferred, given, the bones by the landowner whom happens to be in some way in the "law community".  Hopefully that is clearer from my original statement.

Edited by Teegunn

Guest Divergent1

The person finding the arm must have something else going on around them for them to jump to the conclusion that it was a bigfoot arm, prompting them to give the remains to Stacey Brown.

@Divergent1, it's possible that the person finding the bones may have been in the know of the possible track way that was mentioned in I believe the original article.

On the gator theory: Does anyone know the area that Brown researches? South, Central, Northern parts of Florida?  Reason that I'm curious about this is because "if" the bones were found in a wooded area with no large water, lakes, rivers, it would give a better chance of it being mammal related. I know that when I lived in Sanford we had one of the largest populations of gators in Sanford in Lake Monroe and the feeder lakes.

Problem though is the poaching, taking gators out of season and dumping the remains in the woods miles from where harvested. Still wish more info would be released to better understand the circumstances instead of all the guessing.

Less information being released drags this out longer.  Guessing about the carrots of limited (and somewhat leading) info put out so far seems to be what is wanted by those who announced it in the first place.