Ape Canyon Cabin Found?

Guest crabshack

No wrong impressions, they will just come around and do an impression of you snoring when you least expect it.  Been there done that, lol.   As has Billy Willard. 

That would be an unforgettable experience.

BFF Patron

Marc I expect you will give your presentation elsewhere like you did at Hopsquatch now and then.       You had a lot of pictures during the history portion but very few of the present site when you were exploring it.     If you get up there again, it would be interesting to see more pictures of how it looks now.   Also a non ferrous metal detector might find the expended brass from the shooting.      If the reports of all the shooting are accurate, there should be a lot of brass there.    Just that would provide evidence to support what happened.    Ordinarily you are not going to find expended brass inside a cabin.   

attachicon.gifIMG_20141116_153711528_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20141116_153144219_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20141116_141250664_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20141116_124959584_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20141116_125017126.jpg

Some pictures from Marc Myrsell's presentation in Portland OR today at the HopsSquatch presentation to conclude the 2014 season with special guest Mr. Bob Gimlin. Gentleman in the lumberjack plaid red shirt is Guy Edwards the chief of HopsSquatch, gentleman he is talking to is Marc Myrsell.  Bob Gimlin candids thanks to some gracious Bigfooters who drove him in for the day from Yakima.

Yes, Bob has the gift of cloaking as I caught him in transition with his western shirt.  The great grandson of one of the miners (Mr. Smith) was present at the gathering. 

And yes that is Cliff Barackman on guitar and his jazz trio.  

Great time had by all.  

Anyone know who the older bearded gentleman is with the black hat in the second photo from the top, in between the two females? He looks very familiar .... He looks like the man on the Mountain men series on television.   

BFF Patron

I think that is Bob but his face looks different in that pose. I think I saw that picture taken.

BFF Patron

A very photogenic Bob Gimlin, almost forgot he was sporting other than a moustache

Thanks SWWA. There's at least one or two trips planned for next year. Too much snow right now. You're right, I don't have a lot of photos of the site now. More later. But the site is so limited in size, it's kind of hard to get a good pic that will give an idea of the layout. But I'll get more. The main purpose of the next trip is a survey of the site, so that a decent map can be produced, showing the cabin site, spring, ladder site, limited topo, etc.

I'm always up for another presentation on AC. Someone just has to ask!

Marc

BFF Patron

Well I enjoyed the presentation as it takes the cabin from myth to reality. 

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

In case you missed the HopSquatch prez on Ape Canyon, Guy Edwards is hosting the release party of Sierra Nevada Brewing's Bigfoot Barleywine Ale. White Owl Social Club, Portland, Oregon, SE 8th and Main this Thursday, January 8th, 6pm-11pm. Presentations by our pal Cliff Barackman and yers trooley on the Ape Canyon Project.

Sorry for the late notice,

marc