Bigfoot Beheads People?

I'm curious now, Is there any evidence that lends credence to the idea that BF beheads. I have a feeling that

most will will point to the David Paulides 411 books. There are many inherent dangers in the wilderness, but

if you are cautious and observant you can mitigate that danger. Awareness in the wild is essential while in the

in the forests. There are many other known animals out there that would see no problem having you for lunch.

The first one that comes to mind are bears, but there are other animals out there that can really mess up your

day. Anything else is pure conjecture, and from what I have heard about Paulides, he does not specifically state

the missing persons are a result of BF aggression. Could they behead a human? I'm sure they could, and very

easily due to the strength they possess. There is currently nothing on the table at this point that conclusively

states that they behead people. For now, personal belief is the only thing driving this discussion. Now as for me,

I worry more about bears eating me. It is well documented that bears will attack and maul a human so that

behavior can be referred to now as fact. Not so for BF. One thing for sure is that caution and awareness should

be at your side when out there. The only real way to solve this would be by seeing a BF beheading someone.

it is human nature to fear the unknown, and it is a built-in preservation mechanism. It always amazes me how

some people like to demonize them without one shred of physical evidence to the contrary. I have never really

feared them, but I definitely respect them. I think this behavior might stem from angering one of them for some

unperceived reason. I just don't see them as being that aggressive. The general consensus is that they are very

intelligent, so they may realize that this behavior would expose them. That is only conjecture at this point though.

In a nutshell, there is not enough evidence to prove this with any certainty, and I could totally wrong! Nevertheless,

I would still be cautious and constantly be checking my six.

Far as I recall, I saw nothing in the 4 Missing 411 volumes to support the idea that BF beheads.    The only time the head was missing, other large bones were missing, too.  When that was reported, it was partial skeletal remains recovered, often just bone fragments, no soft tissue recovered.   Nothing at all to suggest beheading as means of death or even that the death itself was by violence of any sort.   The missing parts point to scavenging by something or other after death, nothing more certain than that.

MIB

^^^

As far as Bigfoot beheading anything, I can say that it hasn’t been proven conclusively either and you are correct, discussion is the driving point to this and all other threads on this format.  

Coonbo, we have never met but I first want to say welcome and what took you so long?  I followed your messages and enjoyed all the interviews you have given across the country on this topic. Have you ever considered writing a book?

I generally agree with a lot you have placed on table, and I want to hear more. I want to welcome you to this discussion and introduce myself to you in order that you have an idea who you’re talking with.

I come from law enforcement background and have a naturally suspicious mind balanced with a healthy amount of curiosity about things. It is that same inquisitiveness that propelled me onto investigations as a former licensed private investigator and newly retired law enforcement officer. Drawing from my own encounter I can only articulate in so many words how unfriendly the feeling was in its presence, unlike anything I’ve ever experienced on the job with homicide suspects, a multi-personality serial killer, deeply mentally deranged persons, violent persons and so forth.  

With that said, nothing stirs as much debate and raw human emotion as this particular topic, and rightly so. There are a lot anecdotal claims dating back a very long time and short of seeing a corpse hanging out of the mouth of these things people are just not going to believe such a thing.  On both sides the fence there is intense back and forth debate whether or not these claims are possible. I believe they are very probable though I have not seen one with my two eyes but I also believe they might the exception and not the rule.

What do you say?

^^^^^^^

I sincerely hope that Coonbo will hang around long enough to answer your questions!

Well said, as always Gumshoe, and a plus 1 to you from me with sincere appreciation for who and what you are, an amazing man..

Hi folks.  I've been off the forum for quite a while.  Have done a couple of more research trips since I've posted much on here, and am in early planning stages for a couple of more.  I heard about this thread and since I guess I'm the one that instigated or inspired it, I guess I should check in and give folks a chance to ask questions, throw rocks, etc.  I have NOT read this whole thread, only the first eight pages and the last two.  But, based on that small amount, I'd like to clear up a couple of things. 

First:  THIS IS A STORY THAT WAS RELATED TO ME, THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ONE SINGLE PIECE OF DIRECT EVIDENCE TO BACK UP.   Yes, there is a small amount of circumstantial evidence, BUT NOT ENOUGH TO CONVINCE ME THAT THIS REALLY HAPPENED.  The hunter that was allegedly beheaded and the kid guiding him were NOT friends.  It was a customer/client relationship, and as I said before on another thread, the kid did not come remotely close to meeting the standards of a real guide.  According to the kid, at the time of the initial sighting, when the hunter chambered a round and raised his rifle, he yelled at the hunter to NOT shoot, but the hunter shot anyway.  After the hunter shot the BF and it was obvious that he intended to stand there and crank off more shots, and the other BF was charging, the kid took off running for the truck.  I think he said he was already running and looked back and saw the hunter struggling with his rifle, which he had jammed up.  At some point the kid tossed HIS rifle, so the BF wouldn't see it and so he could run faster.  The charging BF had no weapon of any kind, other than his bare hands and enormous strength. 

The guide told me that the first physical contact with the hunter was the BF grabbing him at the juncture of lower jaw and neck and then instantly jerking straight up and back over the BF's shoulder and the head went flying through the air. He said he didn't really see the BF's other hand because he (the guide) was running but that his impression was that the BF had grabbed the hunter at the juncture of the neck and shoulder with the other hand.  By the way he worded his story, it sounded to me like the body did not fall to the ground after the head was snatched off, but was being held up by the other hand, and then one of the arms went flying a split second later.  He said that when he came back with the deputies and coroner, the body had been further dismembered.  Again, a good story, but NO direct evidence that it ever happened, in spite of what my other research buddy believed.

In all my years of research, and talking to folks about their BF encounters, I've heard some stories that I knew were total BS and fabrication, and I've heard others that were so "out there" that there's no way I'd believe them and I've heard some that were real "head scratchers", leaving me perplexed, but I wouldn't repeat them.  My only reasons for repeating this particular story are that the reported method used to kill the hunter perfectly matched the eyewitness descriptions in a couple of old newspaper articles and that the BF only charged after the hunter shot the other BF.  In addition, the condition of the recovered body matched that described in some other stories.

Now, do I think all BF are killers?  No, absolutely not.  In that respect, they are very much like us humans.  Back when we personally had to protect our loved ones, family and friends, it was an eye for an eye.  If you kill or severely injure somebody dear to me, I'm going to do my best to kill you.  You mess with my family, I'm gonna mess you up.  The great majority of them will not harm you if you don't harm them or their family. 

And then you have the rogues, the psychopaths, the "less than one-percenters".  They kill because they like to kill, and they think they can get away with it.  Those are the ones I worry about.  That's why, when I'm out in the boonies researching, rooting around, I try to be someone they couldn't get away with killing.  I stay alert to my surroundings (situational awareness).  I have a weapon of some kind readily and quickly available.  And I have my escape route already planned.  Plus, I often take one of my dogs with me as an early warning system.

Tim, It is a pleasure to "meet" you. I love listening to your BF research stories, and the first program of yours that I listened to you discussed the issues you had been , or were having with, the BF around your home and general area.

You discussed that the BF went after your dogs, and some other stuff which, when combined with your true accounts, gave me a new outlook about how BF behaved.

I thought that they avoided us, and would mostly leave us alone. 

Your true accounts gave me a more realistic outlook and knowledge about how these creatures behave. They are wild animals with amazing, sometimes almost supernatural abilities, and can be deadly towards humans should a human encounter a BF in a bad mood.

I essentially thought that BF avoided people and were mostly gentle giants who avoided human contact. 

I believe that some BF really do just try to avoid us, while others may even hunt us because we are easy prey.

Guest ChasingRabbits

Now, do I think all BF are killers?  No, absolutely not.  In that respect, they are very much like us humans.  Back when we personally had to protect our loved ones, family and friends, it was an eye for an eye.  If you kill or severely injure somebody dear to me, I'm going to do my best to kill you.  You mess with my family, I'm gonna mess you up.  The great majority of them will not harm you if you don't harm them or their family. 

And then you have the rogues, the psychopaths, the "less than one-percenters".  They kill because they like to kill, and they think they can get away with it.  Those are the ones I worry about.  That's why, when I'm out in the boonies researching, rooting around, I try to be someone they couldn't get away with killing.  I stay alert to my surroundings (situational awareness).  I have a weapon of some kind readily and quickly available.  And I have my escape route already planned.  Plus, I often take one of my dogs with me as an early warning system.

My only reasons for repeating this particular story are that the reported method used to kill the hunter perfectly matched the eyewitness descriptions in a couple of old newspaper articles and that the BF only charged after the hunter shot the other BF.  In addition, the condition of the recovered body matched that described in some other stories.

I think that describes any animal's behavior. But I wonder if the killer BFs are the ones who have had "negative" interactions with humans either directly or indirectly.

Guest Coonbo

ChasingRabbits: I meant to add that to my post you quoted, but it was too late for me to edit it when I realized I had left out that possibility.  We know from some very well publicized stories (ie: the Honobia incident, Legend of Boggy Creek, etc.) that BF that have had negative encounters with humans can be vindictive or are forced to look for easier prey.  Same thing is true with many other animals.  My guess is that of the BF that do prey on humans, a very significant percentage of them have had negative encounters with humans, OR are the results of a habituation situation gone bad. 

Coonbo, You have encountered different types of this species, correct?

Have you observed a Dogman or a Wolfman?

Sadly, the only creature I managed to see had a snout, but a BF type body. I saw no female breasts, so I say it was a male.

He was huge, at first he turned away, but then actually turned back, and then walked towards our car, and watched us drive away from the *middle* of the dirt road after the sighting started in a small clearing in the Davy Crockett National Forest.

It seems to me that he was not afraid of us, or our huge car since he behaved that way.

Is this typical behavior for these creatures?

I have a very sincere question because *after* reading this "Honobia incident" I'm just freaked out.

People/hunters can shoot something that could take down an elephant wildly inside a forest, where people like hubby and I do our hiking when the kids are with us?

(I stopped hiking after my sighting but hubby and kids still do go hiking and camping.)

***My guys supposedly know how to shoot, but dear heavens, how do you avoid killing a hiker that you can't see?***

Guest lightheart

Hey Coonbo

Good to see you posting again. In your first return post you mentioned a few research trips you have taken. I would really like to hear a little about those trips and about any new theories or conclusions you have drawn from them. I am still out there tromping the woods almost every weekend and I feel like I notice something new just about every trip.

Susi;

In my opinion the men in described in that event used some rather poor judgement. I don't think I need to go into detail, but a lot about the event is a mess.

That said I don't think it is unsafe to go for a hike in the woods, as a general rule. I'd tell your family to be aware of the seasons; don't wear straight camo in the woods during local deer season where folks hunt. Common sense rules should apply. Make smart choices about the where, when and how and they will be fine. I'd be far more concerned about them walking through some of our city streets on the way to a movie or something.

BFF Patron

I have to really agree with Northfork (I want to call you Buck because of your avatar) on that one. I live in the greater Portland Oregon area. Now and then someone goes missing in the surrounding forests in Oregon and Washington but that is only 2 or 3 times a year where they are not found. But nearly every night in Portland, there are one or more shootings and 2 or 3 times a week they are looking for a missing person in town. Statistically it is far more dangerous to be in Portland at midnight than anywhere in the woods at midnight.

One other thing that Coonbo left out of his story here , that I seem to recall from his SC retelling, was that he searched newspapers around the time of the supposed BF beheading to see if there was a "Bear-Killed-A-Hunter" type of story and he could not find anything like that...

But he later heard (or read) about some people hunting a BF in the early 1800's and the story stated that a creature grabbed a hunter and popped his head off in a similar manner as in the recent story...

I am sorry if I posted this earlier in the thread:

The fight, however, did not end there:

...[H]e did not fall alone, nor until he had 
glutted his wrath with the death of five of 
them, which he effected by wringing the head 
from the body. - Writhing and exhausted, at 
length he fell, with his hapless prey beneath 
his grasp.

http://www.exploresouthernhistory.com/okefenokeebigfoot.html

• masterbarber unpinned this topic