Bigfoot Beheads People?

I have much to contribute to this thread, It suffices to say at this time that my beliefs are; It is easier to spin a yarn from the imagination when it involves conflict.  It is the basis of all drama.  Antagonist vs. protagonist has been used in storytelling since stories began.  So, if we humans are the kind, understanding and fearless heroes of our own stories then guess who becomes the monster, creature, or wild man.  It is so easy to fear that which we don't understand.  As far as not understanding, Bigfoot has got to be in the top five.

This thread started with Wes & Woody, the two rough trade looking hosts of Sasquatch Chronicles.  You know shaved heads and tat sleeves.  Which is a conversation in itself, but Coombo [sic] he's from a special gene pool.  Proving to anyone who'll listen that he can talk as well as any other third grade alumni.

Well, this goes back a long time now, much ground's been covered. SasChron holds little of interest to me for a few reasons, except for some of the witness reports. However, perhaps a little history wouldn't be unwelcome regarding the last comment. Coonbo (Tim Baker) is a respected member of the BFF, although he has not been around for quite awhile. I assume he's been busy with his own regular podcast series, Bigfoot Outlaw Radio, which has run (free!) for years. I recommend the search function for those not familiar, or with specific questions. Anyway, Coonbo is definitely missed.

Thanks for that history, JKH. 

...my beliefs are; It is easier to spin a yarn from the imagination when it involves conflict.  It is the basis of all drama.  Antagonist vs. protagonist has been used in storytelling since stories began.  So, if we humans are the kind, understanding and fearless heroes of our own stories then guess who becomes the monster, creature, or wild man.  It is so easy to fear that which we don't understand.  As far as not understanding, Bigfoot has got to be in the top five.

I couldn't agree more. This thread, and threads like it, do a grave disservice to our hairy cousins, because they appear to justify (and encourage) acts of aggression against those cousins. These threads also do a disservice to us, because they encourage us to wallow in fear.

Thank you so much for speaking up!

Edited by LeafTalker
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for that history, JKH. 

...my beliefs are; It is easier to spin a yarn from the imagination when it involves conflict.  It is the basis of all drama.  Antagonist vs. protagonist has been used in storytelling since stories began.  So, if we humans are the kind, understanding and fearless heroes of our own stories then guess who becomes the monster, creature, or wild man.  It is so easy to fear that which we don't understand.  As far as not understanding, Bigfoot has got to be in the top five.

I couldn't agree more. This thread, and threads like it, do a grave disservice to our hairy cousins, because they appear to justify (and encourage) acts of aggression against those cousins. These threads also do a disservice to us, because they encourage us to wallow in fear.

Thank you so much for speaking up!

I don't think threads like makes anyone wallow in fear. But some Bigfoot are to be feared. I like threads like because it shows another side of bigfoot that we know exists.

Welcome to the forum, TritonTr196, and we're glad you're here. 

I do think there are some inaccuracies in what you're saying, however, and I would like to address those. 

First, I don't agree that some Bigfoot are to be feared. (Edited to add: There MIGHT be "some" -- but the "some" is a tiny, tiny number. Why concentrate on the extremely rare exception to the rule, instead of to the rule itself? I bet you drive a car, even though the likelihood you'll get killed in one is much greater than the likelihood you'll ever meet a Bigfoot, forget getting hurt by one.)

Anyway, the vast, vast majority of Bigfoot are not violent and have no interest in hurting people. If there is anything to fear, it is our own aggressive (that is, fear-based) behavior.

Incidents like the one that gave rise to this thread can occur, but are incredibly rare. And what gives rise to such incidents is human aggression, as was the case in the incident referenced at the beginning of this thread.

If you understand these two things, you know there is nothing to fear. If you understand the second thing in particular, you know that you have control in these situations. You know that the only thing you need to do to "protect" yourself against an entity that has no interest in hurting you is not fire a weapon at that entity

Fear grabs hold of people and causes their ears to stop working, so that they can't hear anything that follows the thing that triggers their fear.

If you are not someone like that, yay! Perhaps you can be someone who helps us to chip away at the continuing fear and misinformation. 

Edited by LeafTalker

BFF Patron

While I agree that probably other humans are more danger to me in the woods that BF are,  I have never lost my respect for the potential danger BF brings into any encounter.     To do less is not to respect them.     I do solo field work and if BF were very dangerous to humans I would not be writing this.     But we all know that if juveniles and young ones are involved,   pretty much every animal on the planet will protect their young.    It is that situation or getting yourself between them and their young that has potential danger.     Additionally you never know when you might have an adult with young cornered.    Or there might be a injured, sick, or mentally ill BF.      Those situations are all potentially dangerous.     There is a time to show due respect and back out of a situation.   That shows respect for them and defuses a situation that might escalate.   I have done that once when I was trying to get one to break cover and got growled at.    I backed out.     I agree totally on the firing a weapon thing.    While I carry one,   based on one experience with an adult BF,  I know I do not carry a weapon large enough to do anything but make a BF angry.    If I was scared enough I might display it but would never shoot at a BF unless I felt like I was about to be killed.    There is probably more chance of being hit by lighting than that happening.   

Good for you, for never discharging a weapon in the direction of a bf. We will have you around much longer as a result. The part about juvenile and infant bf's is not right however. A BF is not a bear. It will not endanger your life if you unwittingly come between a parent and a child. (And yes they know when you know they are there and when you don't.) The BF may create a diversion or put on a threat display, but it will not hurt you. Ask NCBFr are or lightheart. I forget which one of them stumbled on a female with a child, but neither of them was hurt. There are plenty of things to worry about in this world. Getting between a bf and a child is not one of them.

Oh and absolutely at the first sign of distress back out of the situation. That is a very important piece of information. Thanks for mentioning that.

Welcome to the forum, TritonTr196, and we're glad you're here. 

I do think there are some inaccuracies in what you're saying, however, and I would like to address those. 

First, I don't agree that some Bigfoot are to be feared. (Edited to add: There MIGHT be "some" -- but the "some" is a tiny, tiny number. Why concentrate on the extremely rare exception to the rule, instead of to the rule itself? I bet you drive a car, even though the likelihood you'll get killed in one is much greater than the likelihood you'll ever meet a Bigfoot, forget getting hurt by one.)

Anyway, the vast, vast majority of Bigfoot are not violent and have no interest in hurting people. If there is anything to fear, it is our own aggressive (that is, fear-based) behavior.

Incidents like the one that gave rise to this thread can occur, but are incredibly rare. And what gives rise to such incidents is human aggression, as was the case in the incident referenced at the beginning of this thread.

If you understand these two things, you know there is nothing to fear. If you understand the second thing in particular, you know that you have control in these situations. You know that the only thing you need to do to "protect" yourself against an entity that has no interest in hurting you is not fire a weapon at that entity

Fear grabs hold of people and causes their ears to stop working, so that they can't hear anything that follows the thing that triggers their fear.

If you are not someone like that, yay! Perhaps you can be someone who helps us to chip away at the continuing fear and misinformation.

Thanks for the welcome. I've actually been here for a few. It's just hard to jump in some of these threads.

I know what you're saying but I can't put much into it. I'm not sure where you are getting your info from but how do you know for sure how many are mean or not? Or how rare these kind of encounters are. I've read pretty much the same reports everyone else on here has read and a large number of them aren't nice. We can't just pick and choose which stories we want to believe in and discard the rest as nothing.

Every encounter we've had wasn't nice. But fear? No, not at all. They've not been mean enough to cause fear. Do the ones in our area know we have weapons? They sure do. And we let them know it by letting them see us carrying our ar10's sometimes and our sidearms. We have never fired a shot at anything in this area and we would never take a shot at one unless attacked. Us showing them we carry boomsticks is basically an understanding between us meaning, don't try to hurt us or we will bring the thunder down upon you. It's been mutual so far.

They really don't like us bringing new people there. Just a week ago I took my cousin's 16 year old son with me to put a couple of audio recorders out. Just after we got there he asked me if he could do some tree knocks. I never do tree knocks or howls but I let him do three knocks cause he watches finding bigfoot. Oh boy just not long after this one is already up on the ridge grunting and thrashing around. I keep walking up the ridge to get a sighting but my cousins son is getting really scared by now so we head back down to sit a recorder and get out of there. Soon as I'm turning the recorder on our visitor snaps a good sized fresh hardwood in two quickly followed by a loud knock up on top of the ridge we were just on. Fear didn't come into play but concern did for my cousins son. He was so scared at this point asking me to take him home. I had to go back this past sunday by myself and get my recorders and some large cat prints around the pond. I did not and will not go back up that ridge to find that snapped tree until my regular buddy goes up next week. I think he saw something and won't tell me because it freaked him out. Oh and I have it all on video. A classic class B encounter.

Yeah, all bigfoot aren't nice for whatever reasons. I know they don't snap trees in half to say hello too you. But we are all about the audio and video/pictures we try to get and noting stuff up.

I fully entertain the reason this post was made. I've read it since it was first started. I will however state that the supposed "dogman" that it was started about I don't and won't entertain.

• Upvote 1

Steve L., I know Coonbo and have researched with in AL, MS, and KY.  He is one of the top people that I personally know in his knowledge of BF and their behaviors. Oh, yes, he graduated from the University of Auburn. 

Steve L., I know Coonbo and have researched with in AL, MS, and KY.  He is one of the top people that I personally know in his knowledge of BF and their behaviors. Oh, yes, he graduated from the University of Auburn Auburn University. 

FIFY

Thanks for the welcome. I've actually been here for a few. It's just hard to jump in some of these threads.

I know what you're saying but I can't put much into it. I'm not sure where you are getting your info from but how do you know for sure how many are mean or not? Or how rare these kind of encounters are. I've read pretty much the same reports everyone else on here has read and a large number of them aren't nice. We can't just pick and choose which stories we want to believe in and discard the rest as nothing.

I get my information from numerous sources. Those sources include my own experiences (3-1/2 years of ongoing interactions with BF); the experiences of friends and acquaintances who have had many more years of positive, rewarding experiences with the BF people than I've had; and the report record.

There are more than 46,000 reports of encounters in the BFRO database. That means 46,000 people had encounters and lived to report them. (If the BF were aggressive, dangerous beings, we would have 46,000 dead people, instead of 46,000 reports.) There are many more reports that the BFRO has not published, for whatever reason, which would bump that number even higher. We also know that many people do not file reports when they have sightings. So again, the number is still higher.

And finally, the presence of a BF is extremely difficult to detect, if the BF does not want you to know he or she is present. (I – and many others -- have personal experience of this.) So the likelihood that your average hiker/walker has unknowingly been shadowed by one or more BF on their jaunt through the woods is extremely high, again adding to the numbers of encounters that have resulted in zero harm to anybody.

That’s a loooooooot of people who were not killed or hurt in any way while in the presence of a BF. So that's a lot of BF who were not "mean". (This includes the BF who shake trees, scream, and run at you. They're not "mean", either. They could squash you like a bug, but they don't. They just want you out of there, away from their families or their hunting spots or their bedding spots.) 

The "large number" of reports of BF who "aren't nice" is as a drop in the bucket, compared to the many thousands of reports that say, "He looked at me, then turned and walked away." 

And finally, there are the many studies that show that the observer changes the thing he’s observing – meaning, perception is everything. If you find yourself in a face-to-face encounter with a BF and you decide to be afraid, you will burn into your own soul the impression (very likely false) that you were in danger in that moment. If, however, you decide that you are NOT in danger – that you are in the presence of another thinking, reasonable being like yourself – and you therefore treat that being with the respect he or she deserves, you will have a very different experience.

And just as a side note, many people have encounters that are traumatic to them at the time, but then over time, these people come to understand they were never in any danger. These formerly traumatized people become really interested in learning more about the BF and often dedicate considerable amounts of time and money to that effort. These strange reversals would not occur if it were not true that the BF are, in essence, reasonable, kind, decent people. It is the growing awareness of their true nature that piques our curiosity and leads us (or most of us, anyway) to want to know more.

So, good luck to you in your investigations. I'm glad you're not afraid. That's 90% of it. Be respectful of these people (which it sounds like you are), and have fun!

Edited by LeafTalker
  • Upvote 1

You still didn't answer or even try to answer my question. You're still just stating what you believe but no facts other than what you believe to be true... BFRO doesn't ever post the mean or bad encounters. That's fact... I don't put much into their reports anyways except for very few. I'm good at gleaming out certain things in reports. It's not hard sometimes to tell if someone is full of it. Since Matt's show started their reports have doubled.. Mostly because someone has never seen or heard anything but they just want to make up a story for whatever reason because they saw the tv show..

I've been doing this since our first encounter in 88. The first two encounters they were mean and pretty sure was trying to hurt us... I stay out of that place now days. Our current area just a few miles from my house we know for sure there are at least two there.. I certainly don't think all Bigfoot are mean by any stretch.. Mostly likely the rogue males or females are the bad ones. A family unit most likely will not unless you come to near to them and their children and depending on how hungry they are for some tasty human organs..

We are respectful but not because it's their land or anything that's got to do with that. They have to respect us at the same time is the way I see it.. Plus you keep referring to them as cousin, people, ect.. I don't think of them that way. They are an large animal with no human anything about them other than they walk on two feet and have two hands. That doesn't make them human in any sort of fashion... An unknown primate is all. No relation to us humans what so ever. If they were they would be down at the local drinking hole having a brewski with us and talking about the costa rica cruise they were taking this spring. Oh, and paying taxes.. Not gonna happen sorry. I don't even entertain the portal Bigfoot, spaceship Bigfoot, and drinking tea and playing the flute with Bigfoot, cloaking Bigfoot, blobsquatches, and Bigfoot throwing orbs at your house..

I believe in lots of stories whether they are good or bad.. Too many old reports to not think they are mean.. Do you just think people back in the 1800's and before and after were just making stuff up? If you believe that I don't see you even believing any story handed down by American Indians. That's a lot of stories to not believe in and only taking one side... But everyone has their own beliefs but none are correct.. Like I said, you can't just pick the stories you want to believe in and throw away the rest.. It doesn't work that way in the Bigfoot world..

Some of the stuff I've seen you post is pretty cool, but stuff like this just makes me shake my head.

• Upvote 2

Michael,

Thanks, as you can tell, I didn't go to Auburn. 

Heh heh, no problem. The fact that I am related to an Auburn grad and also have quite a few friends that are alumni as well has almost got me conditioned to their wailing-and-gnashing-of-teeth reaction to hearing it called the University of Auburn. If I had a dime for every time I've heard my brother exclaim "It's Auburn University not the University of Auburn, @#$%*!", I'd be close to retiring!

If you don't mind, send me a PM. Wondering if you could confirm something for me, thanks.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic