Consistency In Sighting Reports

MNskeptic

Some folks think that the consistencies in sighting reports point towards the existence of the creature.

For example, one thing that I commonly read or hear with road crossing sightings is the witnesses mentioning how the creature crossed the road with just three strides. That this sticks in the witness' mind, together with how often this is mentioned as a feature of the sighting, is interesting.

What are other consistencies? Are there any besides the usual 'large', 'hairy', and 'bi-pedal'?

MNSkeptic

Edited by MNskeptic

SSR Team

You can find tonnes if you want to, or not as the case may be.

It all depends on how you look and what you actually want to look for.

• Upvote 1

There are a few consistencies to reports, things like making no noise while walking, tree peeking, quietly observing, rock throwing, bluff charging, hanging out/following river systems and standing statue still when being looked at directly.

One in particular I have noted is tree shaking.   I have taken 2 private reports and am aware of 2 others from fellow investigators from northern MI of witnesses watching a creature shaking several trees violently while vocalizing ( all of the witnesses reported that the creature was whooping ) for a few seconds then turning and walking back into a swamp.  

Also I have noticed a habitat consistency that has repeatedly been affirmed by my mapping of the areas where there is a concentration of good reports.  All of these areas that consistently produce reports and findings throughout years indicate that Sasquatch in the lower pen like expansive stream fed evergreen bog forest ( mostly of a spruce and cedar composition ) that is bordered by agriculture.   I have also noted that the reports from these bogs when viewed from a large area map appear to rim around the edge of the swamp forest with the exception of a few intimidation reports from deep within the swamp by hardcore bear hunters.

• Upvote 3

All reports taken as a whole have few consistencies. Many share features but not all the same features. Many like to claim consistency in report but most reports are quite different. Almost no details are truly consistent among all reports. Few are consistent among most reports. Hairy, man-shaped, bipedal are pretty much all that is consistent among all visual reports. If many but not all reports contain a feature, it is not consistent. Doesn't mean it is not a genuine bigfoot trait but it is still not consistent.

I have my ideas about bigfoot and tend to give more credence to stories that back my hypothesis. Many others have their own ideas. We all tend to look more favorably upon reports that carry details we consider consistent with our hypotheses. Those details become our consistent details. We need to remember that other reports are not consistent with our choices. We may be wrong in our choices.

:spiteful:   'confirms on':

peak at rear of head

shin longer than thigh

longer arm such that hand is closer to knee when arm is by its side

hair not unlike that of an Irish setter- similar length, slightly wavy

head forward and lower with respect to shoulders as compared to human

upper lip appears lower below nose with respect to human

flat but hooded nose similar to human

eyes proportionally larger than human eyes, set slightly higher in face...

Some folks think that the consistencies in sighting reports point towards the existence of the creature.

For example, one thing that I commonly read or hear with road crossing sightings is the witnesses mentioning how the creature crossed the road with just three strides. That this sticks in the witness' mind, together with how often this is mentioned as a feature of the sighting, is interesting.

What are other consistencies? Are there any besides the usual 'large', 'hairy', and 'bi-pedal'?

MNSkeptic

Wouldn't it depend on the width of the road?

Edited by Mythos

SSR Team

Haha exactly what I thought mythos yeah, so I googled " BFRO four strides " and came up with a full page plus of reports that had four strides crossing roads thankfully..;)

In fairness to the OP, he probably just used that as an example, albeit not a necessarily good one IMO.

Hello All,

When I read "crossed the road in three strides my mind usually conjures up a two lane road- one lane each way- as most sightings seem to be rural. But that's just me. Sometimes the road name or route number is given or a general locale which can be researched.

Edited by hiflier

3 strides is an indication something is up.

Just see how many you need even at a full run.

There are a few consistencies to reports, things like making no noise while walking, tree peeking, quietly observing, rock throwing, bluff charging, hanging out/following river systems and standing statue still when being looked at directly.

One in particular I have noted is tree shaking. I have taken 2 private reports and am aware of 2 others from fellow investigators from northern MI of witnesses watching a creature shaking several trees violently while vocalizing ( all of the witnesses reported that the creature was whooping ) for a few seconds then turning and walking back into a swamp.

Also I have noticed a habitat consistency that has repeatedly been affirmed by my mapping of the areas where there is a concentration of good reports. All of these areas that consistently produce reports and findings throughout years indicate that Sasquatch in the lower pen like expansive stream fed evergreen bog forest ( mostly of a spruce and cedar composition ) that is bordered by agriculture. I have also noted that the reports from these bogs when viewed from a large area map appear to rim around the edge of the swamp forest with the exception of a few intimidation reports from deep within the swamp by hardcore bear hunters.

very interesting nate, good stuff.

SSR Team

3 strides is an indication something is up.

Just see how many you need even at a full run.

Again though Sal, it would all depend on the size of the road.

True enough but in most cases we are not talking two track, most reports I have seen are roads that have two lanes.

Yes, I would think that unless stated otherwise that would be a very safe assumption.  Reports that talked about more than a two lane crossing always seem to mention such...

Guest Crowlogic

In today’s world consistency in Bigfoot reports is next to meaningless.  There is far to much information out there in the form of videos, book and internet to have the potential witness truly describing a unique from scratch event.  I’ve never seen Bigfoot and I no Long believe Bigfoot is out there but here is a sighting I've created just from my own research an exposure to the issue.

It was the Saturday before Thanksgiving 1990 when I had my sighting.  We had driven up to the Adirondack preserve in northern NY State for the weekend.  Our hotel was in the town of Saranac Lake near Lake Placid.  I hadn't been to Saranac since the early 70’s but it hadn't changed all that much.

The morning of my sighting I had decided to hike a trail that lead up to an overlook where  we used to hike to as college students.  My companion stayed in town to antique shop.  I drove approximately.  Â¾  of a mile to the trail head and set out on the one mile hike up to the overlook.  It was a crisp morning slightly hazy and overcast but there was no threat of precipitation which at that time of year can be full blown snow up there.  But the woods were free of snow and the forest floor was ripe with the fresh fall of the Autumn leaf shed.  The trail itself is well worn and goes nearly in a straight line to the summit and overlook.  While there are only slight meanderings there are two other trails that intersect with the main trail.  One trail at about mid way leads to a rough camping area and the other close to the summit is a game trail that crosses the main one.  I took my time up the trail reliving the times I had hiked it with  old cohorts from school now spread to the winds and out of touch.  But the thoughts brought mostly smiles.

I reached the summit around 10:30AM and scouted around for any of the telltale remains of my long ago visits.  We used to scratch initials and dates on the stone outcropping.  However the site has been in use steadily and the rocks are well marked over by more recent passers by.  But the view was as spectacular as ever and gives a good reminder of how vast New York State is, especially the Adirondack preserve.  I stayed up there for about 25 minutes then began the descent.  I was feeling clear and vigorous as only the mountains can make you. 

Towards the mid way point I was beginning to plan the rest of the day and I was approaching the camp trail when my sighting occurred.  From my position on the main trail I could see the camp trail where it intersected with the main.  As I was slightly higher I had a good view of the woods and camp trail.  My eye caught a dark shape moving along the camp trail heading towards the main trail.  I could make out it’s motion was in strides as if a person on the trail.  I was perhaps 20 yards away and I was taken by the uniform dark brown color of the entity.  I first thought why would a UPS delivery person be up here on a Saturday?  It was very much the color of a UPS uniform.  I stopped walking and focused on this thing.  After a few seconds I suspected it wasn't a person.  I crouched down behind a wild blueberry bush to be as inconspicuous as I could be.  After about a dozen strides this thing was at the intersection of the two trails.  I had a perfect profile view of it.  It was covered in medium dark brown hair of different lengths between 1 and 4 inches I estimate.  It was clearly on two legs and possessed longer than usual arms if it was indeed a person.  It didn't proceed on the trail instead it turned to it’s left to look in my direction.  I felt a surge of apprehension and hoped it wasn't interested in me.  Fortunately it stayed put and I observed it’s face.  It was a vaguely human face of  ancient proportions.  Apelike and very hairy.  It’s eyes were dark and gorilla like but there was a sense that it’s gaze was feeding into a more active mind than a gorilla’s. It looked in my direction for about 10 seconds then scanned across the trail and down it as if deciding on a direction.  It stepped onto the main trail and briskly strode down it.  I stayed put for a couple of minutes wanting distance from it.  Eventually I rose to my feet and finished my descent.  Analyzing my sighting I estimate it was about 7 feet tall weighing around 300 pounds but it moved smoothly and quietly.  I did come to where it left the main trail and took to the woods.  Its passage was scarcely noticeable and I never heard it at all.

Back at the hotel I didn't tell my companion what I had seen.  I simply implied that some things were the same and some things were different there.

Edited by Crowlogic