Sykes Book Defending The Notion Of Relic Hominids?

Lake County Bigfooot

Did anyone hear the recent Coast to Coast episode with Rhetman Mullis?  He stated in the interview that Sykes will

be releasing a book in January that might actually defend the possibility of such a creature, or is that misstating

what Rhetman was saying?  Not sure of his name spelling so I apologize to him in advance.

• Upvote 1

Rhettman with two T's, and I guess the name of the book is "Nature of the Beast, the First Scientific Evidence for the

Survival of Apemen into Modern Times". Supposed to be based off of results on the testing of a hair, that evidently

revealed novel results. The smoking gun so to speak of the Sykes study that some of us suspected may have come in late

or was simply held off till now.

So why change the name of the title of the book significantly, is it simply a ploy to

sell more copies, or did the game change as he was writing it, forcing him to change the

title significantly... If this is the case then the change of title is simply a clue to

what has occurred and we will have to wait and see. Any search of the internet seems to

tell us the old news of the ancient polar bear hairs, and then goes into a blurb about

the persistence of Neanderthal DNA in the modern population, and sort of suggests he was

studying the possibility of real Neanderthal Relics still surviving, all interesting stuff,

but nothing we can pin any real hopes on as far as discovering the specie to the scientific

world. Rhettman, if your out there, or if you know Rhettman and can get him to speak about

the book, please come to our aid.

I'd agree with you lightheart.  The synopsis states that "yeti is still an enigma, but something is out there.  But what?"  We know the 'but what' is the bear.  Even that discovery is under fire within the scientific community. 

Yah I was excited till I did some research and realized very little

was available, only a new title that hinted of having possible evidence

of modern apemen, that is the gist of the title, "The First Scientific

Evidence for the Survival of Ape Men into Modern Times". That in itself

suggests something besides some Polar Bear hairs... So once again

the new title name for Yeti Enigma, is going to be "The Nature of the Beast,

The First Scientific Evidence for the Survival of Ape Men into Modern Times".

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest Stan Norton

Not sure there is much of a surprise to come. Didn't the tv show already reveal that Sykes was pretty excited about Xana's DNA sequence as it hinted at a possible alternative scenario vis a vis human migration into Europe? I really don't think any ground-breaking revelations will be presented in a popular book.

Yah I guess the persistence of Neanderthal DNA is probably going to come into

the picture. Maybe this will lay a foundation though for the possibility of

unknown primates to persist. I have to think it is suggesting something more

than what was presented in the show. Mind you I have been on this train

for a while and know that hype is the rule, and real substance is the exception.

Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  But in the original paper, Sykes never reported on all the samples submitted.

I'm thinking the ones he held back may be of value.

(Oh, thx for the thread!  This one is WAYYY better than some shaman attacking dogman on your front porch!)

• Upvote 1

Yah Cotter the DM damsels in distress offer a certain appeal, but not

much in the way of substance. I heard of this from my wife and listened

to the Rhettman Mullis interview. Only an allusion is made to the reason

behind the book, though in the written description of the interview it said

that the book was based on one unusual hair. When you look at the report there

is one hair that came back as human, from Texas. I was wondering if that was

the unusual result, or maybe something was submitted later, or kept back till

now. As usual I am setting myself up for disappointment but that comes with this

territory. My suggestion, listen to the show on Coast to Coast from last Friday.

It is an hour interview with Rhettman. Beyond the possibility of a different

hair, there is also the personal experiences that Sykes had while here investigating.

Then swing over to the bipcast The Bigfoot Show, and listen to the recent progress

of the NAWAC has made, and after that take up needle point...Not much hope of

documenting the specie.

• Upvote 1

There's a new NAWAC podcast? Sweet!  Wow!  Yer full of all sorts of great info this morning!

My hopes aren't through the roof, but something tells me we haven't heard the last of Sykes yet.

Guest lightheart

I agree Cottter. The fat lady has not yet sung so to speak. The way I read the link is that there were 3 hairs from Bhutan. Two resulted in the archaic bear. One became available for further study because of advancement made in the field of DNA testing in the last few years. This particular hair has yielded some interesting results.

At least Dr. Sykes is willing to pursue the evidence where it leads. I respect him for that.

<SNIP> and then goes into a blurb about

the persistence of Neanderthal DNA in the modern population, and sort of suggests he was

studying the possibility of real Neanderthal Relics still surviving,<SNIP>

You might be interested in this article that builds a good case for bigfoot being a relict hominid, and nixes the idea of it being a surviving Neanderthal.   A lot of it is based on comparing possible bigfoot skeletal finds to what we know about sasquatches.

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/blogs/bigfootjunction/2014/11/19/sasquatch-skull-found-near-lovelock-nv/