2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

BFF Patron

Whatever they are they are intelligent.   Every encounter I have had, I felt like they always were in control of the situation, not me.   In one case they were not aware of just where I was and blundered into me.  But from that point on, they controlled the encounter.   Their retreat and withdrawal was classic.    I did not hear so much as a twig snapping from the one nearest me when it moved away.    Some disturbed soil/ fir needles,  where it went into a crouch was the only physical sign it had been there. 

I just thought up a name for my new field of research.   Crypto archeology.    Human or BF tracks in the same strata as dinosaur tracks are right down my alley.     Since there are no degree programs leading to that,  I can appoint myself leading expert in the field.   Get myself a pith expedition helmet, a beige vest with all sort of pockets,  a doctoral degree from some internet university,  and I am all set.    Then get Discovery Channel interested, and I can be media figure with appearances at various Sasquatch conferences.       Just kidding folks!

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

BFF Patron

Another aspect is that if someone does find a tended grave, it is a great opportunity for hiding a camera or observing from some distance away.     Someplace where they go on a regular basis certainly presents a unique opportunity and other than a safe sleeping place, that might be the only place they visit with any frequency.      Certainly evidence of a tended grave or crypt, would be a warning to me to not disturb it.    It might even be an opportunity to place a bouquet of flowers myself to show respect.   That act might get some BF points.   I hope this alleviates some concerns people here have been expressing about me becoming a grave robber. 

Why place a bouquet of flowers, why not plant a daffodil bulb instead, just saying.   That way it will just be known as another settler's grave or pet cemetery.  Of course, unless BF already plant something to memorialize their dead besides stones. 

Edited by bipedalist

SWWASAS,  push back from the computer and take a deep breath.  Dinosaur tracks with human tracks are fakes. Thinking about that Texas site?  Depression era tourist trap: sell moonshine and look at the 'tracks'. Sounds like it was a fun town though.  

I am not going to banter back and forth with any posts concerning South America and the Andes.

And   "a doctoral degree from some internet university".  That is the 'close cover before striking' school that used to advertise on matchbook covers ( gotta give the kids something to google ).

Randy, turn the audio recorder off, you will do better.

I just thought up a name for my new field of research. Crypto archeology. Human or BF tracks in the same strata as dinosaur tracks are right down my alley. Since there are no degree programs leading to that, I can appoint myself leading expert in the field. Get myself a pith expedition helmet, a beige vest with all sort of pockets, a doctoral degree from some internet university, and I am all set. Then get Discovery Channel interested, and I can be media figure with appearances at various Sasquatch conferences. Just kidding folks!

I think that last sentence is key here, Catmandoo.

Edited by Bonehead74

SWWASP, that Discovery Channel thing just might work out, perhaps you find gold in episode 2, hone survival skills in episode 3, the possibilities are endless, maybe you do research in the buff riding that mean looking dirt bike, producers love that stuff. Seriously though, if Sasquatch bury their dead it would be relatively likely they share enough of our DNA to be much more human than ape, so that is something to determine right there, and I know some of you have come to that conclusion already, but finding burial sites would be tantamount to finding a body, and solving all these questions, gaining protection for the species, although they apparantly have their own protections in place. 

While on the subject of TV shows, I always wonder if the people in the Gold shows or the other Alaskan shows like "The last frontier" have had Sasquatch encounters or experiences. Some of them live in areas that are just way to likely to have them not to have run into them, If Les Stroud had run into them twice while doing his 

survivorman thing you gotta run into them sometime if you live your whole life in proximity to them.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

BFF Patron

Thanks Bonehead!   You read everything and have some sense of humor.   I was bashing the BF TV personality genre in general with my crypto-archeologist nonsense.    Some of that posting was because I have been publically castigated by a reputed crypto-zoologist that has appeared in one television series about BF,  have been approached to appear on another television series about BF but was dropped when I was not suitably impressed by their methods,  and yet my encounter reports and infrasound data and evidence is ignored by everyone.    The whole BF TV docudrama,  conference speaker,  and pay to join our expedition  crowd is leaning hard towards entertainment,  personal fame, and money making  and away from BF research.    I was just pointing out how I could become one of them by claiming I am the first crypto-archeologist.       And since I am pointing it out, they don't like me very much. 

Unfortunately in bigfootery, especially the latest version, novelty and sensationalism trump persistence and innovation every time.

Edited by Bonehead74

"And since I am pointing it out, they don't like me very much."

Don't sweat it , Randy, WE like you very much!!

I don't like myself very much of the time so why should anyone else like me? I think it best to 

rely on ones self and ones own convictions in the face of popular opinions. I have done that

all my life and Sasquatch is just one more way I find myself having to do that. Conventional

thinkers are not the norm in this community, thought we have a few, we are all more or less

eclectic in our own right, not that we cannot be grounded in reason at the same time. I think

the nature of discovery draws in the free thinkers even though many might be from conservative

backgrounds, or ideologies such as I. The average Sasquatch Researcher is a educated, above

average income, fairly conservative individual according to research sociologists have written

upon. Not your stereo typical trailer living, gun toting, superstitious, uneducated individual that

is often depicted. We are a breed unto ourselves, highly individualistic, and certainly not likely

to conform or sell out, that is what is good about our make up.

"Not your stereo typical trailer living, gun toting, superstitious, uneducated individual that

is often depicted..."

Hey, HEY!! Speak for yourself! I was just the other night telling the missus, if'n the lucky bullet I keep in my breast pocket don't help me pass my GED exam this time around we're going to have to jack up the house, put the wheels back on, and go look for greener pastures.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

You guys are funny!     Went the other way with me.    I was a pretty normal stick house person until I started bigfooting then just had to have a trailer with wheels on it.    Now I got my lucky hiking boots,  wear camo, got a sock puppet to go over my Contour camera on my hiking pole,  carry a side arm in the field,  and talk to big things hiding in the woods.    Been thinking about taking up the banjo.  Gotta do all that when you are the premier crypto-archeologist to keep up your image.         

• Upvote 3

WSA, I am a red neck at heart, own a pick up, live in the country with too many vehicles in the driveway, burn stuff in the back yard,

own several guns, fish and used to hunt, owned a good pair of overalls for a long time. The difference is that my kind of red neck is

not uneducated and believing in everything that they hear, though I have met allot of country people who believe very little, or are just

not willing to speak about it, on the other hand my friends Dad grew up in rural Mississippi and used to tell us about the spirits that 

haunted those woods, and demonic forces that were always making him drop stuff. I mean to him the whole world was paranormal.

Not to say that I dismiss that notion, in fact I do believe there are supernatural forces in this world to be dealt with, but Sasquatch is 

not one of them. I look at Sasquatch as a very earthly flesh and blood being, whether more human than ape I cannot tell, though I 

think it has elements of both.

You know LCB, “Country†used to mean something different, at least when I was a boy…before “maximum capitalism†(as W. Berry styles it) 24-7 tee vee entertainment, and cheap energy addiction took hold. Now, I think it is just short-hand for somebody who just prefers to be inert in zip codes with less population density. They delude themselves that those who pander to them have their best interests at heart, and that they are nothing more than a demographic to be exploited. That any larger number of them could survive anything like the Great Depression’s dollop of misery is amusing in the extreme. I was raised by those who were children of those who did that, and they taught me different. None of them would sell themselves so cheaply, and I'm ashamed for myself of how little I measure up to that too.

You do seem to get that, and I know it is not an easy life to choose. It does have its advantages though, doesn't it?

Edited by WSA

My Dad was orphaned on a farm when his father was put in a sanitarium for suspected TB during the depression, so he had what I would call a double great depression. As you can imagine that would either destroy or harden the metal of a person.  My dad was the top soldier in his Army unit month after month, the top salesman in his company year after year, always driven, and never letting that poverty and pain creep back in. His Dad on the other hand was basically destroyed internally and never felt like he could provide for his family, The result was that his Dad resented My Dads success, sad but true result of all that adversity, while they should have been happy at the end result, they fought insecurity and lack of approval issues with each other to the end. I guess in a way the depression won, because my Dad went to an early grave without his father ever giving him his approval for his success. My grandfather went to his grave feeling like a failure that never provided for his own the way he wanted to. Myself, I struggle with the fact that though I am half a century old, I feel no less the lost child that came into this world. Well I guess that is where I come from...to me that is county blues...

But now I celebrate my happy 1000th post, and yes it will be a useless one at that...excepting those little stars on my new foot!!!  :russian:

Bipedalist's version is funner but back to attempting to be serious, of course no one was getting it over there...I had some good laughs thinking

about how silly we researchers actually appear, But then I was brought back to reality by this blurb over at the NAWAC which points to the dichotomy 

that is taking hold in this field...When you juxtapose the NAWAC and the Falcon Project for example...I still think that the NAWAC should be trying

to collect DNA, they have such a wonderful spot to do so, and the comments on killing one are certainly pertinent, I hope that they diversify their

efforts, or abandon the kill strategy all together. I just know that if they succeed there will be an absolute demonization of Sasquatch Researchers,

as if that has not already happened, oh well do as you may then...

This comment was regarding a point blank shot through a thermal scope in 2013 that had the head of the creature in it's cross hairs, luckily for that

creature a tree branch deflected the bullet, so if you do not think it could happen guess again, they keep coming extremely close...

The Hunt for DNA

The wood ape would have been one of about 30 species of mammals discovered in 2013. Even today, in a world in which humans have penetrated into the most remote reaches of the earth, and Google and Wikipedia give us a sense of omniscience and omnipresence, new creatures are discovered.

UZH primatologist Thomas Geissmann criticized the actions of the NAWAC. "I am sure that it is not necessary to kill a specimen. I have described several new species of monkeys and never had to kill an animal for it. "

In 2005 Geissmann and colleague Urs Thalmann described a new lemur species. Hair as well as photo and video material and audio recordings were enough. “It takes just a few hairs of a Bigfoot to unambiguously tell if it exists and what it is.â€

Alton Higgins understands Geissmanns’s reasoning. “We have been trying for years to collect DNA.†After Colyer fired at an ape, traces of blood were found, however, not until several days later. “The blood was dried up, and the analysis brought no DNA to light,†said Higgins.

I think they are a bit short sighted when it comes to retrieving an individual,  I have serious doubts even if they can take one down that they will ever get it out of the woods, or do so without taking some serious collateral damage, perhaps losing some of the team. These creatures have the right to defend their own, and I would not blame them for taking out the whole team at some point. Those rock tosses could be aimed with lethal consequences in a heart beat, and your not going to see one coming out of the bush before it takes your head off,  what would you do set a ring of armed individuals to guard the corpse,  do not sign me up for that gig!