2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

BFF Patron

Good suggestion Terry except I have an open invitation to skeptics to accompany me in field work and have yet to have anyone say they are interested.  I think they prefer the comfort of "knowing" that BF cannot exist.     The other factor is that many witnesses, especially long time hunters who think they know the woods, simply shut down when they have a BF encounter.    They cannot accept it or become so afraid of the woods they stop hunting.     Such reports are very common in BFRO reports.   Some skeptic that is closed minded as to the possibility is not going to be a good witness.    An open minded skeptic might be but I do not think any of us know how we are going to react to a face to face with a BF until it happens.    I have one woman that I sometimes do field work with and I worry she will freak out and endanger herself with a close encounter.     I think anyone doing field work should vet their field partners carefully. 

Dude, I'm shocked, shocked, that no one wants to wonder out into the woods with you. What could possibly go wrong......  It's like the start of a thousand horror movies.

I had to laugh at that.     Lets hide in that shed where all the chainsaws are hanging.      Who is that dude in the hockey mask?   

Anyway if you skeptics have flown in airliners in the last 30 years you could have trusted your life to my judgment and skill.   But now you cannot allow yourself to believe anything I say? 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Guest OntarioSquatch

There is more intellectual honesty and integrity there than I have ever seen here. 

There is more dogma, personal attacks and denial there than I've seen anywhere else on the internet. 

There are smart people over there to be sure.......that are megalomaniacs that love to beat people down if they dont tow the party line.

And the underlyings grovel and apologize for whatever transgression they have commited including grammarical errors.

And the ONLY purpose of the group is to talk about how crazy another group of folks are.......

There is no need to go over there to defend the subject of Bigfoot until we have a bloody corpse in tow. I understand science, and I understand what it asks from nature for it to recognize a new species. But even if Sasquatch was proven real? I'll never be apart of that group....... Because they will just find a new group to make fun of.

Thats because they need someone to make fun of in order to feel better about themselves.

There is more intellectual honesty and integrity there than I have ever seen here. 

There is more dogma, personal attacks and denial there than I've seen anywhere else on the internet. 

Pret-ty much, O.S.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Check out the comment that I got just now over there:

LOL, once again, OS. If you genuinely believe any of this tripe, then you're an ********, mate. End of transmission.

They beat their own bloody enough OS......You? LOL. Your the maiden they sacrifice to the volcano every day!!!!

God bless ya I have no clue how you stay over there.

Mate? Tripe? Your being judged by an Englishman half a world away.....

Edited by norseman

I hear they eat kittens and kick puppies too.

I hear they eat kittens and kick puppies too.

Your mother wears army boots.

State of Science?

IMO, the mantra of "Science demands a body" is a false narrative.

Has anyone heard of National Geographic, the Smithsonian or any college/university putting out the call, "bring us the body!" ?

There are only those driven by the egotistical need for fortune and fame that desperately want/need a body. 

That is the long and short of the entire equation.

Regarding "Science" consider what we know (scientifically) today versus 20 years ago, 50 years ago, 100 years ago?

But, we still don't "know" how many things of antiquity (pyramids, Stonehenge, et. al.) were "really" built.

Science has a far piece to go before understanding of many things can be attained.

This is also true for the topic of this website.

Edited by Yuchi1

I read the article and it (Smithsonian) mentions "capture" (for study) or skeletal remains.  Did not see anywhere it mentioning, "go out and shoot one".

I wonder, if in being scientists and utilizing deductive reasoning, they are allowing for the scientific possibility that shooting one may result in an act of homicide and possible legal ramifications?

Edited by Yuchi1

What do you think skeletal remains means????

Wake up and smell the roses yuchi!

How do you think they discovered the Bili ape? Or the Okapi?

Your compassion is great but only after recognition!

Hello All,

From here: http://ww2.kqed.org/education/2015/03/31/to-what-extent-should-organisms-be-collected-from-the-wild/

"Recently, with newer technology, there are ways to collect data on species that do not involve killing them or removing them from their natural habitat. For example, tagging or video recording animals allows scientists to monitor an animal’s actions and collect data based on their behavior. And, catch-and-release DNA sampling can provide phylogenetic information."

As far as Sasquatch goes though science can't do these things....or won't. Somewhere in my mind though I think they have actually paid attention and looked for them occasionally- or at least kept an eye out for them or for evidence in the field while doing other research. Scientists aren't stupid but what they are told to do or not do sometimes probably is. They can't tag, video tape, monitor behavior, or do DNA sampling in a catch and release program.

So where does that leave things? It drops it right into the kill/no-kill debate every time. Good scientists will keep an open mind even with anecdotal evidence but in most cases do not have the authority to pursue crypto creatures- unless forced to? It would be interesting to actually hear what some say to the idea of people hunting them outside of science but FOR science. I wonder how they would respond to that discussion?

Edited by hiflier

Per, www.exploreforensics.co.uk..."skeletal remains are what is left after nature takes its course â€‹(emphasis added) having disposed of hair, skin and internal organs leaving the skeletal frame remaining".

Edited by Yuchi1