2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

Guest Crowlogic

Not so fast.... Are humans an ape? If your answer is yes? Then our species distribution proves apes can live any where.

I agree with you that I do not think they hibernate, and I also think that if they do exist? This question if solved will deliver us the creature. What do they do in winter?

Humans  can live anywhere because we have technology.  Take that away and we're confined to mild climates.

BFF Patron

Humans  can live anywhere because we have technology.  Take that away and we're confined to mild climates.

The Inuit of Alaska and Northern Canada and the native peoples of Siberia are hardly techno savy and have lived there for 1000s of years. Technology just makes humans more reliant on it for survival. Take away electricity from the United States for months during the winter and millions of people would die. Take away electricity from BF and he would not miss it because he does not use it.

The evidence does not seem to support true hibernation in BF. Sightings, footprints in the snow, the Silver Star Mountain pictures, all seem to indicate a BF presence, at least at times, in the winter. Given the fact that humans are far less likely to be in the woods during winter months, the fact that there are any winter sightings suggests BF are active year round.

• Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

Both humans and animals live in cold climates. What is the big problem here??

Humans have fire, tools and clothing that allows them to live in cold places.  Try going out naked without heat in winter and see how long you last.

The Inuit of Alaska and Northern Canada and the native peoples of Siberia are hardly techno savy and have lived there for 1000s of years. Technology just makes humans more reliant on it for survival. Take away electricity from the United States for months during the winter and millions of people would die. Take away electricity from BF and he would not miss it because he does not use it.

The evidence does not seem to support true hibernation in BF. Sightings, footprints in the snow, the Silver Star Mountain pictures, all seem to indicate a BF presence, at least at times, in the winter. Given the fact that humans are far less likely to be in the woods during winter months, the fact that there are any winter sightings suggests BF are active year round.

Take away our technology and we are dead meat.  Every human everywhere relies on some form of technology from bows and arrows to computers.  The gulf that separates us from the lower animals is huge even at the lowest levels of what human is.  

But since we're at it consider that bigfoot seems solitary the ability to exist in harsh environments diminishes.  Forget about bears and what not for a moment.  We're proposing a primate of some sort is prowling the northern forests in winter without fire or tools or even social groups to aid in survival.  We're proposing something that no other primate in modern times (or perhaps all of history) has never done.  Let's suppose it is out there how does it's hair change with the season?  It would have to have hair not fur since the higher primates are hair clad not fur clad.  So does it molt in summer?  Is it fur?  Why don't we find molts? Another special dispensation for bigfoot to go along with hibernation, ultrasound and micro-sound detection.  The list of special dispensation begins to tilt into fantasy pretty quickly.

I noticed by the replies in this thread at how much people take for granted the things that allow us to be the places we populate.  It is 100% certain that take it all away from us and we are less able to survive than monkeys.

Edited by Crowlogic

BFF Patron

Crowlogic you approach this as an hypothetical exercise trying to explain away things to prove to yourself why BF could not exist. Apparently one reason is because you think it could not make it through the winter. The problem being that people like myself have had BF contact on the 8th of November through the 22'd of March. That is winter in the PNW. The Silverstar picture was taken on a snow field the 17th of November very near where my two winter encounters were. The problem for a witness or any researcher who accepts evidence is to form hypothesis to explain what has been observed. However they do it, BF survives the winters. The question is how, not if they can. Your it cannot be "because" approach is dogma. Explaining exceptions to known science has always pushed science into new frontiers.

• Upvote 2

Guest Crowlogic

BOTTOM LINE, GANG:  nothing, in the entire history of our species' sojourn on this planet, exists anything like this phenomenon, nothing even anywhere near close...that has not been confirmed by science.  That's virtually tantamount to proof of sasquatch, right there.  Believe it or not:  That's the state of the science, at least among those of us applying the scientific mind to this.

This guy is flat right, and if you disagree with him, you are flat wrong.  http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=26750

Anyone who wants to know how a scientist looks at the world should read that report.  Period.

The old "anything's possible" approach is straw.

Crowlogic you approach this as an hypothetical exercise trying to explain away things to prove to yourself why BF could not exist. Apparently one reason is because you think it could not make it through the winter. The problem being that people like myself have had BF contact on the 8th of November through the 22'd of March. That is winter in the PNW. The Silverstar picture was taken on a snow field the 17th of November very near where my two winter encounters were. The problem for a witness or any researcher who accepts evidence is to form hypothesis to explain what has been observed. However they do it, BF survives the winters. The question is how, not if they can. Your it cannot be "because" approach is dogma. Explaining exceptions to known science has always pushed science into new frontiers.

You have made a reportage that you have seen bigfoot in the colder months.  When is it going to dawn that anybody can say anything.  I'm sorry the muddle that defines this subject no longer impresses me.and I take no stock in reportage's about bigfoot.  Bring in the body/specimen and you'll have my full and undivided attention.  That said I believe you believe you have seen bigfoot.  

Guest Crowlogic

Besides the fact that human ancestors were in Europe over a million years ago.

Use of fire and tools precedes modern humans.  Homo Habilis was the first tool user in the line.  Bigfoot is not a tool user.  There are warm parts of Europe so just getting to Europe is not an automatic conquering of the climate.  Only us and Neanderthal actually made a go of it in the northern climes.  Both fire users and tool users and tool makers.  I don't think an upright Gorilla would stand much of a chance in Winnipeg in January.

SSR Team

Use of fire and tools precedes modern humans.  Homo Habilis was the first tool user in the line.  Bigfoot is not a tool user.  There are warm parts of Europe so just getting to Europe is not an automatic conquering of the climate.  Only us and Neanderthal actually made a go of it in the northern climes.  Both fire users and tool users and tool makers.  I don't think an upright Gorilla would stand much of a chance in Winnipeg in January.

Where to start....

• Upvote 1

Use of fire and tools precedes modern humans. Homo Habilis was the first tool user in the line. Bigfoot is not a tool user. There are warm parts of Europe so just getting to Europe is not an automatic conquering of the climate. Only us and Neanderthal actually made a go of it in the northern climes. Both fire users and tool users and tool makers. I don't think an upright Gorilla would stand much of a chance in Winnipeg in January.

None of your statement about human history is true. One million years ago the tools we find are very primitive and appear to be made and used for butchering meat. Nor is there any evidence that at one million years ago they could start a fire at will, or that it was a requirement for survival. Fire was probably scavenged just like food at that point.

Denosovians, Homo Erectus, Homo Antecessor and Homo Hedeibergeneis all "made a go of it" for hundreds of thousands of years before we showed up on the scene.

As far as your Winnipeg statement? I would think that a mountain gorilla would do just fine on Vancouver Island during January, if the foliage was close enough to their native browse. The Virunga mountains can get quite cold at their upper range, and snow is known to fall.

If your bipedal and a omnivore? Vancouver island would be quite trivial I would think.

I'm fairly convinced BF does have some technology chops. Just banging a tree with a piece of wood fills the bill in my book, for starters. An assemblage of dead tree trunks and branches is another. We  might not know the reasons for these things, but that question doesn't obscure the existence of their technology from me. There is some manipulation of environment going on here, and when you talk about surviving in extreme climates, you should consider what other skills they might have.

M&D!  I'm about to walk out the door too....

Edited by WSA

BFF Patron

Winnipeg sits on a treeless plain so is hardly BF habitat. Because you choose to ignore evidence and insist on a body on a slab to convince you of BF, does not give you the right to call me a liar about what I have experienced.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

None of your statement about human history is true. One million years ago the tools we find are very primitive and appear to be made and used for butchering meat. Nor is there any evidence that at one million years ago they could start a fire at will, or that it was a requirement for survival. Fire was probably scavenged just like food at that point.

Denosovians, Homo Erectus, Homo Antecessor and Homo Hedeibergeneis all "made a go of it" for hundreds of thousands of years before we showed up on the scene.

As far as your Winnipeg statement? I would think that a mountain gorilla would do just fine on Vancouver Island during January, if the foliage was close enough to their native browse. The Virunga mountains can get quite cold at their upper range, and snow is known to fall.

If your bipedal and a omnivore? Vancouver island would be quite trivial I would think.

Habilis goes back almost 2.5 million years ago.  Yes tools for survival but that says nothing of bigfoot.  I didn't say Vancouver Island I said Winnipeg.  Better yet try as a modern human being naked and without tools and fire and survive a winter on Vancouver.   We can put bigfoot in Florida in January no problem the lad will do fine.  But the question raised about surviving winter is not one of moderate areas.  No matter how you slice it when it comes down to 24/7/365 survival in real winter bigfoot has to be handed special dispensation/adaptations and have no  precedence in higher primates.  Since bigfoot are reported in typical winter conditions confining them to more reasonable climates is not going to address bigfoot in winter.  As usual it requires too many back flips to keep bigfoot going.  At least it does me.

Where to start....

Start by understanding that I am no longer a passenger on the bigfoot belief train.