2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

I've also read the follow up story that it was the Boy Scouts or whatever that was rolling rocks down at them as a prank........ I immediately thought to my self, do they also remember the bullets whizzing past their heads? Something wrong with that explanation.

Scout master: Boy Scout troupe 324 assemble! Tonight! We are going to conduct a midnight raid on a ole miner's cabin! It will be great fun!

Boyscout 1: Ummmmm don't Miners have guns and dynamite?

Boyscout 2: Your such a sissy Bobby!

Haha yeah it's easy to say "we did it, that was us!". As if anyone would be silly enough to do that, with what disturbed miners living out there would be a packin'.

BFF Patron

A member of this forum has found the cabin, and found many spent cartridges right there. He also has debunked the boy scout story that the forest service puts out. They were not boy scouts some other group, but while they had been to the area the day before, they were camping miles away at Spirit Lake the night of the attack. He has newspaper articles detailing the date of the attack in the papers and a story about the scouts camping at Spirit Lake the night of the attack in a different paper. There is no way they could have hiked around the mountain in the dark, thrown rocks at the cabin and made it back to camp at Spirit Lake by morning. They left and went home morning after the attack. I have met a grand son of one of the miners. His grandfather told him the story. At one point a BF had its arm inside the cabin through the roof, trying to grab one of the miners. They had a lot of ammo but were going through it so fast that they were worried about running out before morning. So they started only shooting when they had a good shot. None of the miners ever returned to the cabin even though it was producing gold. So you and the forest service are saying the scouts, not only can travel miles in dense forest in the dark, throw large rocks, have a gorilla suit to produce a hairy arm, then hurry back to Spirit Lake by morning. Anyway the guy that found the cabin is a forum member and has told the story here and can fill in the details.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

BFF Patron

I own Paterson's book in which Beck's story is published. I also think it is THE pinnacle story on which the Bigfoot Army philosophy hinges itself on. How credible is it? It could have happened. But much more prevalent is the story in which a hunter or hunters shoot one and it gimps off never to be seen from again.

If they run in troupes of ten to twenty (cabin attack strength)? We would have found them by now!

Maybe Beck and his mining partners had a claim in the middle of a Squatch family reunion? Or maybe they embellished the story abit?

Either way in a wounded scenario I don't think your going to have a better day if you stumble upon a wounded Griz. That's the point I'm trying to make.

It's the hunters ethical duty to track and dispatch wounded game.......even dangerous ones. If your scared don't take the shot!

Well if they had digital audio recorders, they could have outdone NAWAC's cat on a hot tin roof recordings I'm sure, just by virtue of topography and rage. 

A member of this forum has found the cabin, and found many spent cartridges right there. He also has debunked the boy scout story that the forest service puts out. They were not boy scouts some other group, but while they had been to the area the day before, they were camping miles away at Spirit Lake the night of the attack. He has newspaper articles detailing the date of the attack in the papers and a story about the scouts camping at Spirit Lake the night of the attack in a different paper. There is no way they could have hiked around the mountain in the dark, thrown rocks at the cabin and made it back to camp at Spirit Lake by morning. They left and went home morning after the attack. I have met a grand son of one of the miners. His grandfather told him the story. At one point a BF had its arm inside the cabin through the roof, trying to grab one of the miners. They had a lot of ammo but were going through it so fast that they were worried about running out before morning. So they started only shooting when they had a good shot. None of the miners ever returned to the cabin even though it was producing gold. So you and the forest service are saying the scouts, not only can travel miles in dense forest in the dark, throw large rocks, have a gorilla suit to produce a hairy arm, then hurry back to Spirit Lake by morning. Anyway the guy that found the cabin is a forum member and has told the story here and can fill in the details.

I'am not saying scouts no, I'am skeptical of the story. But I'am also skeptical of Beck's story as well.

The truth probably lies somewhere in between. This happened in 1924, the fact that the cabin is standing at all is a miracle. Shell casings lying around? What caliber? Beck is pictured with I think a Winchester 1886 which would have been .45-70 government.

Well if they had digital audio recorders, they could have outdone NAWAC's cat on a hot tin roof recordings I'm sure, just by virtue of topography and rage.

Topography?

A hairy arm bobbing for miners would have been interesting.......... But you bring up a good point, NAWAC has shot at two of these things possible wounding one of them. Why are they still alive? Why do they still stay in the same cabin? Why hasn't southern bigfoot not tracked them back to the cabin and tear it asunder????

Dunno. If I get a shot at one and live through the ordeal I will report dutifully my findings here. ;)

post-735-0-57330600-1426127867.jpg

Edited by norseman

Beck's rifle was chambered in .30-30 Win as per his own account: http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/beck.htm

Each of us settled down in his crude, but welcomed bed, and soon fell asleep. About midnight, we were all awakened. Hank, who was sleeping on the floor was yelling and kicking. But the noise that had awakened us was a tremendous thud against the cabin wall. Some of the chinking had been knocked loose from between the logs and had fell across Hank's chest. He had his rifle in his hand and was waving it back and forth as he kicked and yelled. (Hank always slept with his gun near by — it was a Remington automatic, my gun being a 30-30 Winchester, which I still have).

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 1

By his own account, Norseman has yet to have a FTF encounter.

His postulations of how it would go down echo the same from countless other virgins of the same ilk.

Edited by Yuchi1
  • Upvote 1

By his own account, Norseman has yet to have a FTF encounter.

His postulations of how it would go down echo the same from countless other virgins of the same ilk.

I've ridden in the saddle through more virgin wilderness Yuchi than you can dream about, that I know for sure.

It's not my fault the beast has chosen to not square off with me. You on the other hand? The great white hunter of Oklahoma? (cept duck regs) Maybe you can enlighten us on your dreadful encounters with the beast and show us the error of our ways.........with your infinite wisdom!

:)

Beck's rifle was chambered in .30-30 Win as per his own account: http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/beck.htm

Cool thx bud!

Certainly the task of bringing one down requires a shot to the head, not a body shot, especially not a upper body shot, and I know that many think that they can be 

killed fairly easily, well not from your average rifle. Whatever the bone and muscle structure is of these creatures it has allowed them to take a shot or two and keep on ticking, probably dying later of the wounds, but they do not go down easily.  Buckshot is almost an entire waste of time, unless at point blank range, even then I am not so sure unless you aim for the head. My suggestion is that if this is your mission, and I assure you it is not mine, you better approach it like your taking down a charging Rhino, because that is kind of the best comparison that comes to mind, and if you wound it and it does not limp off, well your in a heap of Sasquatch doo doo.

I for one prefer the blimp at 4000 feet, that is the wimpy way to capture one, but hey I am getting old.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Except your not capturing anything. Your recording images at 4000 feet...... I don't have any faith in images proving anything.

I carry a Marlin guide gun in 45-70 government.

post-735-0-83409800-1426169971_thumb.jpg

Edited by norseman

Guest Crowlogic

The spent cartridges near the cabin need to be proven to exist.  Anybody can say anything.  Did they get photos of them?  Did they take any with them as evidence? The Beck account says they were inside the cabin when the attack took place so how did the shells get outside?  It's a great story and once it rang possible.  Yet nothing like it since so sure it's a good story.

Those who claim normal firearms won't stop a bigfoot simply don't understand firearms very well.  Shotguns are notoriously weak and should be banned from all game hunting from deer on up.  But a high powered rifle is another thing altogether.  Years ago I was with a cohort and we fired a 30.06 into the wall of an abandoned  long chicken house.  The shot was fired from about 30 feet away and it passed through the entire outer wall and through the first room then through the second block wall into the next room .  It exited the second wall and bounced around that second room and we found the round on the floor.  People routinely shoot large bear and they go down.  Say what you will but bigfoot being more resistant to bullets is yet another dispensation  offered to excuse the beast from capture or tagging.    I somehow suspect folks that claim bullet proof bigfoots haven't spent enough time around bullets.

^^^^^^^^

Not with a .30-30. Proper caliber and bullet selection are crucial in hunting. No different than test lbs line is for fishing. The goal is to get the fish in the boat........and not simply to get it on a hook.

That's why I pack what I do. I don't want to shoot it and track it I want to plant it right there.

post-735-0-20757800-1426170910_thumb.jpg

Edited by norseman

How will it go down, Yuchi1?

Please enlighten the virginal among us.

In the kill objective situation, you will experience a rush of emotions, the likes of which are previously unknown, ranging from the awe of seeing something of such a nature/stature and then the cognizance your own mortality could be realized in that moment as you come to full terms, this is something of a much higher intelligence than previously rationalized.

At that point, is when I've seen the fist-shakers and blowhards tuck tail and run.