2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

What about people who aren't fist-shakers and blowhards? (BTW-Is that what you are accusing Norseman and others of the same mind of being?) Your scenario reeks of melodrama. Perhaps you've just not met someone born hard enough to do the deed. I know they exist.

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 1

In the kill objective situation, you will experience a rush of emotions, the likes of which are previously unknown, ranging from the awe of seeing something of such a nature/stature and then the cognizance your own mortality could be realized in that moment as you come to full terms, this is something of a much higher intelligence than previously rationalized.

At that point, is when I've seen the fist-shakers and blowhards tuck tail and run.

Actually I don't blame you as you have had this happen to you before as you mentioned. And you have no way of knowing on the internet who is and isn't a blowhard. I'm not worried about my own ego or proving my self on a Internet forum. What I am worried about is taking the most direct route to solving this mystery, which includes others. And this is where we seem to constantly conk heads.

And there is no shame in looking the beast in the eyes and opting out, whether your scared or feel it's too human...... But if you pull the trigger then your morally obligated to finish what you started, both for the beast and the bystander.

• Upvote 1

What about people who aren't fist-shakers and blowhards? (BTW-Is that what you are accusing Norseman and others of the same mind of being?) Your scenario reeks of melodrama. Perhaps you've just not met someone born hard enough to do the deed. I know they exist.

I know a couple of guys that could probably handle the situation and also know several that bailed on multiple events (Louisiana Hunt, The Cookout, etc.) when things got electric.  As a participant, for me it was not melodrama rather, a rush the likes of never before experienced.

I do not personally know Norseman but have stated previously that I feel he is good people, on the wrong path (IMO) but nonetheless a decent person, so your inference is off the mark.

BTW, there's a huge difference with being "hardened" enough to kill one however, the realization, after the fact will totally overwhelm the state of ignorance the shooter was operating within, beforehand. 

IMO, BF101 is to actually observe one first before you decide to pull the trigger.

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

Marc Myrsell who discovered the cabin is a forum member.     He has matched the location with the descriptions and pictures in the book.     The mine has collapsed or been covered by the Park Service since it is fairly close to the Ape Canyon trail.    I have seen pictures of some of the spent cartridges found by Myrsell and Cliff Barachman.   Of course some of you do not believe pictures.   It is unlikely that someone would shoot off a bunch of shots inside a cabin unless they were shooting at something.   All of those holes would make it leak in the rain.    If boy scouts were involved, and the description of the amount of shooting that took place is accurate,  the ground would have been covered with dead boys in the morning.     Or more likely they would have run off at the first shot in response to the rocks thrown and nothing else would have happened that night.      The scout thing is a bald face cover up by the Park Service to explain away the incident and the existence of BF.  

Are BF in the area?.   Yes.    I found footprints about 2 miles from the cabin.    If someone wants to rationalize that it never happened to feel more comfortable about hunting BF, then proceed at your own risk.      

It is interesting and humorous to boot to read folks who are always insisting on proof proof proof taking off on flights of fancy at the slightest gossamer intimation that there is a 0.00000000001% chance they might be right about something.

It is on those who don't believe Ape Canyon happened to prove the lie.  Period.  It is not incumbent upon bigfoot proponents to deal with it one way or the other, really.

Guest Crowlogic

Marc Myrsell who discovered the cabin is a forum member.     He has matched the location with the descriptions and pictures in the book.     The mine has collapsed or been covered by the Park Service since it is fairly close to the Ape Canyon trail.    I have seen pictures of some of the spent cartridges found by Myrsell and Cliff Barachman.   Of course some of you do not believe pictures.   It is unlikely that someone would shoot off a bunch of shots inside a cabin unless they were shooting at something.   All of those holes would make it leak in the rain.    If boy scouts were involved, and the description of the amount of shooting that took place is accurate,  the ground would have been covered with dead boys in the morning.     Or more likely they would have run off at the first shot in response to the rocks thrown and nothing else would have happened that night.      The scout thing is a bald face cover up by the Park Service to explain away the incident and the existence of BF.  

Are BF in the area?.   Yes.    I found footprints about 2 miles from the cabin.    If someone wants to rationalize that it never happened to feel more comfortable about hunting BF, then proceed at your own risk.      

It's been almost a century since the event happened and that raises many questions.  Did Beck and cohorts abandon the claim after the incident.  As the event was happening firing through the roof/door makes perfect sense.  They built the cabin they could repair it as needed so holes from bullets were not a problem.  But the issue of spent shells on the outside of the cabin needs to be considered carefully.  Could a spent shell have remained visible on the surface for nearly a century?  It has been said that the monster story was created to keep claim jumpers away from the site.  

Yeah, but those are fluffy stories for which there is no evidence.  "It has been said" is nothing.

I could smash out all the windows of my house and repair them.  Is that alone sufficient for me to just do it?  People don't do that unless something *really* unusual and not boy scouts is going on.  Plain as that.

Edited by DWA

Guest Crowlogic

Yeah, but those are fluffy stories for which there is no evidence.  "It has been said" is nothing.

I could smash out all the windows of my house and repair them.  Is that alone sufficient for me to just do it?  People don't do that unless something *really* unusual and not boy scouts is going on.  Plain as that.

The fly in the ointment is that we're almost a century since the event was said to have happened.  How many hunters/kids/hikers or whatever have been there in this time.  It isn't like the the place is a time capsule.  I can return to the sand pit where I used to target shoot in the 1960's and when I was there in the mid 90's my 22 shells were nowhere to be seen.  Gee how did that happen?  Are the people who found the cabin selling anything about finding it?  Follow the smell of money and you'll have a way to measure the details.

Edited by Crowlogic

BFF Patron

The grandson mentioned that his grandfather said that none of the miners ever returned to the cabin.   The shell casings were not on the surface but below the surface.     Most of the evidence of the cabin is gone.    The wood has been all but been destroyed by termites etc.   But these artifacts which are old iron nails were found at the cabin site just under the surface of the dirt.      This a picture I credit to Marc of old iron nails and a spoon found at the cabin site.    He talked to a retired Senior Park Ranger and that ranger was unaware that any evidence of the cabin still remained.    Perhaps the Park Service thought they had destroyed it all?   They have to be uncomfortable with their boy scout story since newspapers at the time debunk that.       

post-23549-0-20865000-1426186152_thumb.j.     

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

If this animal is so smart and can coordinate an attack on a cabin with many members? While humans are shooting at them?

Then why aren't they breaking into inhabited cabins with food stores? Or knocking off 7/11's? Why stop there? Costco has lots of food.....

I'm not saying Beck and co didn't see and shoot a squatch. It's also plausible that the animal returned and attacked the cabin. I don't find it plausible that a army of squatch assaulted the cabin to avenge the death of another.

I know a couple of guys that could probably handle the situation and also know several that bailed on multiple events (Louisiana Hunt, The Cookout, etc.) when things got electric. As a participant, for me it was not melodrama rather, a rush the likes of never before experienced.

I do not personally know Norseman but have stated previously that I feel he is good people, on the wrong path (IMO) but nonetheless a decent person, so your inference is off the mark.

BTW, there's a huge difference with being "hardened" enough to kill one however, the realization, after the fact will totally overwhelm the state of ignorance the shooter was operating within, beforehand.

IMO, BF101 is to actually observe one first before you decide to pull the trigger.

No problem. But are you saying that everyone is wired the same, and therfore would react the same way, or are you saying that despite different wiring (forgive the crude analogy), anyone would react the same way? I disagree with the former. If it's the latter, what specifically has led you to that conclusion? I'm not picking a fight, just trying to understand your perspective. Edited by Bonehead74

I'm saying that (based upon firsthand observational experience) in a active kill event, people are:

1) Emotionally rushed to the point of flight (vs. fight).

2) Traumatized to the point of freezing up to just short of a catatonic state.

3) Execute a shot based upon experience and/or training with handling a condition red situation that is rapidly approaching a condition black situation.

The people that behaved in either option 1 or option 2 were also those predisposed to proclaiming (before the event) they would behave in option 3 mode. 

I will also add that there are a significant number of individuals stating they've had FTF encounters that are (IMO) BS'n themselves as well as others.  Reason for this assessment is when you have the real deal FTF encounter, it will change your perspective and countenance, forever, from that day, forward.

...... But if you pull the trigger then your morally obligated to finish what you started, both for the beast and the bystander.

Wouldn't a higher moral obligation be to allow a likely higher order, sentient being to live?

I'm saying that (based upon firsthand observational experience) in a active kill event, people are:

That seems a rather grandiose claim.

Clarify, please: exactly how many bigfoot kills have you been actively involved in, what was your role as you made these claimed observations, and where are the dead bigfoots now?

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 1

Guest Divergent1

In the kill objective situation, you will experience a rush of emotions, the likes of which are previously unknown, ranging from the awe of seeing something of such a nature/stature and then the cognizance your own mortality could be realized in that moment as you come to full terms, this is something of a much higher intelligence than previously rationalized.

At that point, is when I've seen the fist-shakers and blowhards tuck tail and run.

I know but how do you know?