2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

Guest Crowlogic

Just because bigfoot isn't everywhere doesn't mean it isn't anywhere.

However the everywhere it gets reported indicates either that it is or that those in those everywhere places are cutting the reports out of whole cloth.  

Guest Divergent1

Here is another experiment regarding intention and the group mind of humanity. If we can affect RNG's I don't see why we can't alter the perception of the existence for mythological creatures.

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

Edited by Divergent1

BFF Patron

Bigfoot skeptics are the modern day equivalent of flat landers.    You go to such lengths to explain away what hundreds of people are seeing every year and have seen since the earliest man came to this continent because you personally have not experienced it and cannot seem to believe what other credible people have observed.     Mental apparitions do not leave footprints.   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Here is another experiment regarding intention and the group mind of humanity. If we can affect RNG's I don't see why we can't alter the perception of the existence for mythological creatures.

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

We can not...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Consciousness_Project#Criticism

As Dr. Bindernagel states we have already effectively discovered the Sasquatch. Despite some misidentified or hoaxed tracks, there is track evidence so compelling that it alone might prove such a creature exists, the I believe when I see it mentality is just not that honest, because if your honest, you already are seeing it, the totality of the evidence is that compelling, and the last 60 years is the tip of the iceberg of that evidence. 

Please cite a specific instance or instances of track evidence so compelling that it alone could prove Bigfoot exists.

These creatures have been documented for 100s of years, known by tribal peoples for much longer, and preexisted man on this continent. That is a fact, and it will be proven, and the knowers and believers will be vindicated. 

Please cite a single native myth or tradition that is for you the best and most unambiguous representation of Bigfoot. Tribe and specific myth and/or oral tradition, if you could, thanks.

Guest Crowlogic

Bigfoot skeptics are the modern day equivalent of flat landers.    You go to such lengths to explain away what hundreds of people are seeing every year and have seen since the earliest man came to this continent because you personally have not experienced it and cannot seem to believe what other credible people have observed.    

There was a time when a reportage's were  given weight but this was largely because there were no means of substantiating the report with other means.  Bigfoot thrived in lore for decades that way.  It thrived for me for decades.  But in this modern era virtually all that gets presented to back up the reportage is horrid in terms of substance.  How many crappy photos, videos and excuses does a  person need to sift through before it sinks in that whatever is going on is not the modality of a real flesh and blood animal?  

Statistics are a curious thing and have long been used to bolster the belief in bigfoot.  But why not try running some statistics on the number of bigfoot fakes, poor photos, poor videos, poor lab work and excuses.  Try removing the simple sighting report from the mix and see what's left. It's not very compelling.

Bigfoot skeptics are the modern day equivalent of flat landers.    You go to such lengths to explain away what hundreds of people are seeing every year and have seen since the earliest man came to this continent because you personally have not experienced it and cannot seem to believe what other credible people have observed.     Mental apparitions do not leave footprints.   

Or imprint themselves onto Film. 

Bigfoot is reported "everywhere"? Really? Hyperbole much?

Show me one from downtown Indy... or in the Mall of America... or a major metropolitan area that has an ounce of sincerity.

SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT, on 14 Oct 2014 - 12:11 AM, said:snapback.png

It is not at all surprising to me that in areas with higher human population densities like Illinois there are more sighting reports than other states like Oregon and Texas.   Kit basically listed the states by human population density.   Additional factors are forest density, BF population density,  etc.   Since BF population density is an unknown,  the next most significant factor would be human population density.      It takes a human to have a sighting. 

Obviously some of you are unfamiliar with forested areas in major cities.    Portland Oregon's Forest Park is 5157 acres.         Beltways of cover in parks and greenways in many urban areas would provide cover and access for BF to move around.     Associated with cities in the West are large deer populations.     Hunting is prohibited, predators are not present, so the deer populations explode.   Ashland Oregon is a good example of that.     Deer are all over town.  With cover, water, and deer, it is no wonder that some urban areas have BF presence and  sightings. 

Excellent. My hometown Victoria, BC  has an urban deer population explosion problem as well as urban Bigfoot reports. No, sir. We are not tossing these sightings out the window because we don't like the location.

Population density and reports are an important factor. Let's look some recent reports for sightings and Bigfoot activity. The BFRO database tells us this is Tazewell County. Here we go, 2013 daylight sighting from a vehicle, investigated by Stan Courtenay...

Report # 40075  (Class A) 
Submitted by witness on Friday, March 01, 2013.

Daylight sighting along levee in East Peoria

(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2013

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: February

DATE: 26

STATE: Illinois

COUNTY: Tazewell County

LOCATION DETAILS: The levee just past building ss cat plant

NEAREST TOWN: east peoria

NEAREST ROAD: cedar street bridge

OBSERVED: I saw a creature running on top of a levee just on the east Peoria side of the river.It was all tan from head to feet. It had to be running at least 30 mph. While running its knees were bent.It did not look like a man running in a race, like a sprinter. The levee was just on the river side of cat building ss (Caterpillar Heavy Equipment Company). I saw the tan man for maybe 5 or 6 seconds. The speed at which it had was awesome. I could see the hair moving on its body but its head did not move. I just can not get over the speed tan man had, unreal.

OTHER WITNESSES: just me

OTHER STORIES: no

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was around 9:40 am

ENVIRONMENT: over cast

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

http://bfro.net/GDB/....asp?id=40075��

I spoke with the witness by phone. 

In summary:

• The animal was 7 to 8 foot tall.
• The weight was about 350 lbs. 
• The color of the hair was tan. 
• The witness was unable to see the animal's face.
• The animal was approximately 100 yards from where the witness was sitting in his vehicle.
• The witness observed the animal running quickly along the top of the levee. its movement was very fluid and graceful, with legs always bent and head down.

Well, wait a minute. That's a very specific location. Running on top of the river levee, SS building for Caterpillar, East Peoria. So forget the vast remoteness of the PNW, one can encounter Bigfoot, the most mysterious and elusive beast in North America here...

Bigbfil.jpg

And that's in the daytime. Vetted by Stan Courtenay. Another hot A grade sighting for the BFRO.

Bigfoot in remote areas only is not what Bigfootery has created. For those who try and promote it, they have to throw a huge swath of fellow believers under the bus, and they won't go there quietly. Just try it. They will be on you about corridors and cover and available resources.

Welcome to Bigfootery.

However the everywhere it gets reported indicates either that it is or that those in those everywhere places are cutting the reports out of whole cloth.  

How does that negate my point which, again, is just because bigfoot isn't everywhere doesn't mean it isn't anywhere. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Just because everyone claimed to be Spartacus doesn't mean there wasn't Spartacus.

Guest Crowlogic

How does that negate my point which, again, is just because bigfoot isn't everywhere doesn't mean it isn't anywhere. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Just because everyone claimed to be Spartacus doesn't mean there wasn't Spartacus.

You point is negated by the magnitude of non proof.  Just because people claim to see bigfoot does not mean bigfoot exists.  People claim to see Elvis but does that mean Elvis still exists?  

There are likely places where an animal like bigfoot could exist and searches are undertaken in those places.  However the evidence emerging from those likely places is every bit as shaky as from an unlikely place.  This stopped being a case of not enough evidences a decade ago.  There is hour after hour of evidence to watch on line.  To say that there is special secret evidence that you'll never see in public is perhaps even more problematic.  Does special evidence require knowing the password or secret handshake?  I often think it does since there are a fair number of people claiming sensational things and overtly withholding the so called proof that they claim to hold.  The bigfoot proof industry is well into the territory where anyone who calls for put up or shut up is not making an unreasonable demand.  

Guest Crowlogic

Lions exist.  Lions have been imported to the Americas legally or illegally almost since western men have been coming to the Americas.  In the subject of bigfoot a counterpoint of using an unusual circumstance for a known animal does not strengthen the case for bigfoot.  Bigfoot has no modern/living counterpart.  Giganto and early humanoids all of which are extinct are the only things bigfoot has going for it and that's not much.  Relic humans could exist, so could Giganto, so could the giant Sloth but what are the odds?  My guess is that odds of that are a lot steeper than an American population of lions that has had a couple of hundred years to establish a presence.  If there were current  proven big biped primates in Europe or Asia then sure there is a case for bigfoot but the rest of the world comes up as empty as the Americas.

Guest Divergent1

Doesn't that depend on which set of numbers you want to believe? Do you understand the math/process or did you just take Wiki's word for it?

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/analysis_chi.html

The reason I ask is because I often encounter this when debating anyone on any topic. The person chooses to believe the conclusion without really understanding the research behind it. It's a type of pseudo intellectualism that's often practised on the internet.

Edited by Divergent1

^^^^^^^

So because you have failed? Nobody else should bother to try and succeed....... Huh.

Where is your blood sample? Should have been a slam dunk case.

You'll need to ask Lansdale of the GCBRO bunch.

It was (allegedly) type O+ blood.

Edited by Yuchi1