2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

Its probably just vagrants.

I had a similar situation around where i live. A bunch of bizarre noises and bangs in the night. Odd occurrences and what not. Turns out it was just a pack of vagrants squatting in the local woods. Thankfully the cops rounded them up and took them god knows where.

• Upvote 1

Where I the live the mosquitoes would eat you alive, even after the deet.  I used to manage a gas station and one morning when arriving early to work a homeless man jumped out 

of the trash dumpster apparently keeping warm and bug free... so yah I get it.. Just don't think that is the case in this area, but it could be teenagers up to something, though some

of the recordings I have made suggest otherwise.  Like the following...

Banging Moan Howl.mp3

sirens coyotes tree knocks.mp3

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Where I the live the mosquitoes would eat you alive, even after the deet.  I used to manage a gas station and one morning when arriving early to work a homeless man jumped out 

of the trash dumpster apparently keeping warm and bug free... so yah I get it.. Just don't think that is the case in this area, but it could be teenagers up to something, though some

of the recordings I have made suggest otherwise.  Like the following...

Well good fortune has swung my way, and I am going on a little adventure to the north, heading up toward my ancestral home in Merrill Wis, which happens to be a hotbed of activity for that part of the state. Phillips Wi, home of the first thermal image of report, just to the Northwest of where I will be staying, drainage area to the Wisconsin River, countless steams and tributaries, all home of the suspected prowlers of the night, I will keep you all in the loop as I spend several days hoping for activity. Several reports of early morning road crossings in that area, and I think that makes my strategy an easy late night and morning drive....say a couple 100 miles of remote areas...and possibly an attempt at overnight recording, there is a state park nearby, awesome to serve as a baseline to the sounds of the north...might be more for the future discernment, eventually hope to winter in Florida, and summer in the Northwoods of Wisconsin or Minnesota. We all have our dream situation... that would be mine....but that would make me a snow bird...oh well, so beit....hey anyone got a Mercury Marquis for sale? Preferably from 1995, and if it could tow a small camper and weave from lane to lane uncontrollably all the better.

Ha, that sounds really perfect, LCB! I hope you record every night, you should be sure to pick up some interesting audio. Maybe you'll even catch a glimpse, enjoy it up there.

So I drove around the Phillips Wisconsin area hoping for a road crossing, did not record as I was staying farther away from where I thought, and it rained the whole time we were there, drove home through Horicon Marsh, saw two endangered Whooping Cranes, and remarked how great a spot the Horicon Marsh would be for a squatch to hide in, some history of that is known.  Claims are that when wildlife fish and game were surveying that area they found a cave with dear stacked up at the entrance, all missing their entrails, whether true or not I cannot say. This area borders the Kettle Moraine and the Rock River. and that whole topography continues toward my home in Northern Illinois.  I really think that Northern Wisconsin is prime squatch turf, but locals do not report them due to fear of ridicule, that is the sort of folk they are, and some locals have said off the record that everyone knows they have them, and just keep quiet, or only reports it to close family.

Heard some sticks popping in the night last night, woke up and staked out my backyard from within the house with all the lights off, lasted for an hour before

I got tired and returned to bed, perhaps the fall activity is ramping up....need to get recorder back out...

Keep up the good work. I really enjoyed both of the recordings you posted. Finding one just out in the area around your backyard might be a bit too much to hope for but if you have the audio recorder going you might catch some interesting sounds...

Again, nice work. Too bad about the rain on the night you did the driving but at least you were out there.

• 2 weeks later...

When I started this thread I had high hopes for 2015, Sykes book, The Falcon Project, Les Stroud actively producing shows, all of which lead to 

more questions then answers.

Some of the following come to mind.

1. Does Sykes actually have a case for Zana being a relic human? and what are the implications of that? Coupled with the DNA result coming back

Uzbek as the closest match to a verifiable hair sample of a Sasquatch, or at least as close to verifiable as they come.

2. Can funding be raised for projects of the scope of the Falcon Project, or are we doomed to weekend warriors as front line for Sasquatch research?

3. Why the heck can't Les Stroud camp out in one place long enough to garner the attention of a Sasquatch?

BFF Patron

When I started this thread I had high hopes for 2015, Sykes book, The Falcon Project, Les Stroud actively producing shows, all of which lead to 

more questions then answers.

Some of the following come to mind.

1. Does Sykes actually have a case for Zana being a relic human? and what are the implications of that? Coupled with the DNA result coming back

Uzbek as the closest match to a verifiable hair sample of a Sasquatch, or at least as close to verifiable as they come.

2. Can funding be raised for projects of the scope of the Falcon Project, or are we doomed to weekend warriors as front line for Sasquatch research?

3. Why the heck can't Les Stroud camp out in one place long enough to garner the attention of a Sasquatch?

#1 I don't know enough about to talk intelligently.

2.    The Falcon project was headed down the tube from it's inception.     None of the principal group of individuals had any experience with aviation.    Riding in the back on Alaska Airlines does not really count.     While notables can be a valuable asset to raise money,    early in the project they should have brought in someone with RPV or other aviation experience before selecting a contractor.    Having delt with contractors in the military,  give them a chance and they will cut corners and make promises they cannot deliver.     Someone knowledgeable should have defined the specifications and written a request for proposal then handed it out to several contractors engaged in making similar products.      All of that said, a more modest program could be fielded for probably less than $10,000     If that has any level of success, and looks promising, then fund raising to develop more advanced vehicles would be easier to raise.    The concept has certain flaws like expecting to look down through trees in BF habitat and flying a civilian RPV at night.     Recent drone issues have put a FAA microscope on any program like that.    Any program has to be modest, operate under the radar so to speak,  and comply with the present FAA rules or it will not last long. 

3.   Les Stroud is part of a TV production company.     It is a business with schedules,   budgets,   deadlines,  etc.   He also is a family man.    Spending weeks expecting BF to show up does not lend itself to an entertainment production company and film in the can.      He could have three weeks in the field and have absolutely nothing to show for it on film.    If anyone knew exactly where to go for bigfoot to show up then we would already have film of them.    Finding Bigfoot had the not much happens format pretty well covered already.       

• Upvote 1

I'll try this one.  

Basically, mtDNA mutates at a fairly constant rate.   If you have two individuals with a specific number of differences in their mutations, you can make a pretty fair guess how far back they were part of the same population. Within a population, the mutations are shared.  Once they separate, mutation differences accumulate.  Neither will be identical to that shared ancestor of course because the same amount of time has passed for each to diverge from that point.   In Zana's case, the implication is that her ancestors left Africa, thus isolating them from the rest of the "group", quite a bit earlier than the scientifically accepted time that occurred.  I forget the exact numbers.    All it means, IMHO, is modern humans left Africa earlier than we thought.  

The hair sample is interesting.  Though improbable, it could be recent without being sasquatch. 

What I think will be interesting is the second hair, the one that was, at last I heard, in a microscope slide.   If they're able to retrieve it and do a DNA analysis, not just a structural analysis, it could prove pretty interesting.   Or ... not.

Hmmm ... I'm not trying to say there's nothing going on here.   It could be very significant indeed, but the flip side is it may not, at least not in the context of bigfoot.  It's a good time for fence straddling ... keeping an eye on the developments without jumping to any conclusions prematurely.   Interested caution, y' might say.

MIB

Edited by MIB

Thanks for the input, I too see the short comings of the Falcon Project, and I am frustrated that it failed to ever even

to put a team on the ground, that in itself was worth watching, not to mention the lives that were messed up at least

for the summer.  Sykes analysis is interesting if not decipherable, it is hard to make any sense of the Uzbek result.

Stroud could have sought some better individuals to guide him to activity, not Standing, maybe team up with Coonbo

and Bear for a show, well anyway that is my take on 2015, generally a disappointment in terms of research, excepting

possibly Zana.

BFF Patron

They found a new branch of the ancestral human tree and announced it yesterday or today. Interesting thing about it, that in spite of having a brain only the size of an orange it seems to have buried it's dead in caves. Meldrum and I discussed that one time about BF. He said something to the effect that while it was possible that BF buried their dead, there was no evidence that any species but modern humans have buried their dead. Oops, funny thing about stuff like that is that if you wait long enough your arguments will fall apart because of new findings. Skeptics should take note of that. If BF do not exist, no evidence with ever be found that proves they do not. On the other hand, if BF does exist, as some of us know, then a continual stream of new evidence supporting that will continue to be found until something conclusive comes along like a skeleton or fossil that ends the existence argument. It has taken millions of years for mankind to find evidence of some of it's ancestors so it may not be anytime soon.

The Falcon project deployed the ground team for a short time before the project imploded. BFF's own Nathan was part of that. There are unrelated ground teams all over the country. The airship was the only thing unique about the project. While I had misgivings about the possibility of success due to my own experience searching for BF from the air, I always said they could get lucky and surprise a BF out in the open in some remote area. In my opinion, if your objective is to get evidence from the air, the sure way to make that not happen is to insert a ground team into an area and drive any BF into hiding or away from the area.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT