2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

My latest scientific thread I'm teasing out is when did they migrate to North America? If Paranthropus robustus, 4 million years ago they were only 3 feet tall so when did gigantism come into play, after a migration into Asia from Africa? In the Americas I assume they may have migrated during inter-glacial periods so did they evolve in upland coastal forests to be repeatedly be displaced by glaciation and then move into other environments in other regions such as Texas, Florida, etc? Do they still rely heavily on nut grasses and with gigantism could the cubic cc of their brains actually be as large or larger than Homo Erectus? And did there ability to avoid homo erectus become an instinctual template evolved over millions of years and the physical adaptations driven by competition between more modern archaic homonids and homonoids that are closer evolutionarily to us than Bonobos and the like? 

With nothing to go on there is still plenty of info in archaeology, geology, genetics, that could be elaborated to create a model that approximates what you may one day anticipate finding.

Some suggest that is was Gigantopithicus that crossed the Bearing Straights and already was Gigantic, that's the most obvious explanation, but certainly as animals are forced to adapt to colder and colder climates they increase is size, or decrease is size in a warmer setting. My thought is that several types of hominids crossed that divide and are blended in what we see today, perhaps three variations of Sasquatch, most of the features that differentiate them are simply traits that could just be variations of the same, we may never know. Even if we are lucky enough to gain a type specimen hopefully purely through misfortune we cannot say that would represent all of what's out there, in fact it would make science admit much more could be out there. Reports exist of little people as well, though not as common, they could be something totally other, obviously the Orang Pendek of Sumatra could be one such example, or again they might simply an Island adaption of the same. I still would lean toward a diverse number of types still existing in the world today. For instance the whole story of Zana and the Almasty. While Zana seems to fit our conceptions to some degree of a Almasty, although I would say more human than previously thought, she certainly appeared to be more human than most conceptions of Sasquatch. Could the amount of interbreeding between modern humans and archaic humans have been varied by region, of course it would have, so we could have had a varied amount of interbreeding between many archaic humans. The big question will someday be what will define a human vs. a more advanced ape specie, planet of the apes might be more reality than myth. All it would take is the right type of plague to diminish the human population to a large degree, who knows what might fill our place in the food chain.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Admin

My latest scientific thread I'm teasing out is when did they migrate to North America?

I agree that is the big question and nobody knows for sure. We don't even know how the migration occurred and there are conflicting data points. There might have been multiple migrations via different routes/means/times.

Edited by gigantor

BFF Patron

There have been ice ages about every 67,000 years for the last 2.3 million or so years.     One thing ice ages do a good job of is grind down the surface and obliterate any traces of animals or plants between the ice ages.     I would not be at all surprised if BF made it over here before the present Native Americans.     I don't like that term because it is not accurate.    The NA are no more native than Europeans are.   As a matter of fact the finding of Solutrean Spear points on the East Coast of the US may mean that European migrations may have beat the one across the Bearing Sea.    The Solutrean culture was 17,000 to 22,000 years ago in Western Europe and the Asian migration is thought to be more recent.    

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

At least one thing I can say, I cannot see the point of doing biological research on Sasquatch if it is not purely a flesh and blood creature. I get it that so much mystery and unknowns exist, but if we allow that void to be filled with erroneous suppositions based on subject experiences, not objective observation, well we might as well just not pursue the creature scientifically, but in a more spiritual fashion. I am not knocking the notion, but you are definitely in one camp or the other whether you know it or not. It is simply inconsistent to be out looking for DNA and prints, recording vocalizations, et. of a creature that can shape shift, or pass through dimensions. That is not an inquiry of science, but of the paranormal or metaphysical. I have dabbled on that side of the fence, and know others as well who have done the same, some of what these so called Bigfooters are associating with these creatures is common to any pursuit into the supernatural. Apparitions, demonic figures, portals, cloaking, and in my opinion ET activities all fall under a spiritual nature, and I am not talking about the good witch of the west here. I would be cautious in opening myself to such influences as they seem good on the surface, but they pull individuals into dark places.  The Hail Bob cult were communicating with the ET's before killing themselves to pass into that supposed realm. My experiences and experimenting was leading me to a similar place, you need to be careful what you allow in.

• Upvote 1

My latest scientific thread I'm teasing out is when did they migrate to North America?

I agree that is the big question and nobody knows for sure. We don't even know how the migration occurred and there are conflicting data points. There might have been multiple migrations via different routes/means/times.

And people have to remember that this was in all probability not  migration as we think about the term, but simple range expansion.

For the record

Don Jeffery Meldrum has never physically held or examined a Wallace Stomper.

He also declared the SnowWalker video to be umm... well...

He also studied numerous primate trackways and even the laetoli trackway in tanzania.

Can he be fooled? Sure. But is he light years ahead of us on whats a stomper and whats a living foot that left an impression in the ground? I'd say so..........

You mean like Todd Standing fooled him?  Meldrum is naive and just because he is rare academic who studies BF does not mean he actually knows anything important .  Even after Standing hoodwinked him he tried to compensate with a foolish essay on describing the eyes (which were Standing's puppet in the woods).

Sorry if this is old news, hard to believe you could overlook Meldrum's remarkable face plant.  Takes a while to load, apologies on that: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2wq2my

I'm speaking in reference to foot tracks........ not glowing eyes or spooky sounds in the forest.

If you have a more qualified guy to look at primate foot tracks and dicepher what is taking place? Name him.

It's pure laziness not to read a guy's actual credentials and their actual use reviewing the subject matter, and go on fringe silliness to discredit him.  I tend to look at people doing that, do the ol' smh, and go, yeah, you're really inspiring my confidence there, Mr/Ms Zero Credentials Or Application.

It's not laziness on Meldrums part to not perform a little due diligence on Mr.Standings background and history? Or perhaps he did so such, and saw no red flags?  

Which is it, do you think?

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 3

Guest OntarioSquatch

It's always been a gullibility issue with Meldrum. He's fallen for a lot of hoaxes over the years and still continues to fall for them.

BFF Patron

It has always been my feeling that Standing actually has had a BF encounter.   He just wanted to capitalize on that be famous and make some money.    Encounters are not an easy thing to repeat and totally out of your control.     So in order to promote himself, make a film, and be a notable, he may have fabricated things.      Once he started down that road it was just a matter of time before people figured it out.    Meldrum probably bought into it early before it became obvious with the Muppet.    Standing went into damage control mode and in November of 2014 he made a desperate attempt to save his reputation at the Sasquatch Summit.    Did not work and actually from my point of view hurt him and totally destroyed his credibility.   I think he realized that himself and he has gone off the radar now.   You have to realize that most TV programs are filmed months before they are aired.   Meldrum or Les Stroud for that matter did not know what Standing had been doing when they were associated with him.   A lot of that happened later.  

• Upvote 1

For the record

Don Jeffery Meldrum has never physically held or examined a Wallace Stomper.

He also declared the SnowWalker video to be umm... well...

He also studied numerous primate trackways and even the laetoli trackway in tanzania.

Can he be fooled? Sure. But is he light years ahead of us on whats a stomper and whats a living foot that left an impression in the ground? I'd say so..........

You mean like Todd Standing fooled him?  Meldrum is naive and just because he is rare academic who studies BF does not mean he actually knows anything important .  Even after Standing hoodwinked him he tried to compensate with a foolish essay on describing the eyes (which were Standing's puppet in the woods).

Sorry if this is old news, hard to believe you could overlook Meldrum's remarkable face plant.  Takes a while to load, apologies on that: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2wq2my

I'm speaking in reference to foot tracks........ not glowing eyes or spooky sounds in the forest.

If you have a more qualified guy to look at primate foot tracks and dicepher what is taking place? Name him.

perhaps, Colin Groves?  Just throwing a name out there. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Groves

It is funny to watch Les Stroud wading the quagmire of Bigfootery, I wonder if he had enough of the whole thing for a while. Probably not losing interest in the notion of the creature, just the shenanigans associated with them. If you spend as much time out in the brush as he does it has to be in the forefront of his mind. I am sure they are editing his conversations of the subject out of his current shows. Meldrum, he had laid pretty low after the sighting he had with Standing, albeit a thermal sighting. Standing made a lot of critical mistakes, and hoaxing the pictures/video was a desperate attempt to be recognized. In the end these creatures seem to know what manner of fool is chasing them.

Half of Sasquatch science has these creatures performing magic tricks.

Science has been thrown to the wind.

Agree with you 100%!

Can you describe your bf sighting or tell me where I can read the story?

t.

Edited by Terry

I have always thought the mind of a truly inquisitive researcher doesn't ever consider and weigh the possibility of being labeled "gullible."  It is sort of like being proud to have been a fool for love. You have to put yourself out there to fall on your face if you want to accomplish anything worthwhile in this world. If you're more protective of your cherished reputation, and less interested in advancing scientific knowledge, you'll not have the respect of anyone who really matters  anyway. Better to fail trying.

If Meldrum steps into it on occasion, and has to step back, so what? All that matters to me is his theories are well founded in what he knows about primate anatomy and the natural world. 

Keep on falling on your face Dr. Meldrum, I say. Maybe just maybe he finds what we all want to see while doing that.  I for one am inspired by that approach to life, and would that some of his critics had half the sand he exhibits.  To them I say: What have you dared to fail at recently that is of an equal and as public a venture ?  

• Upvote 2