2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

Well the year of 2015 is quickly wrapping up, front and center at the outset of the year were the Falcon Project and the Sykes DNA study. The former shipwrecked on the Isle of Funds, and the latter producing more questions than answers, thus selling it's copies. That is the science of Sasquatch in a nut shell, but is it? Still behinds the scenes were groups like the Olympic Project simply plugging along in its mundane collection of data, as also the attempts of the NAWAC to collect a specimen. The fast food of bigfootery leaves one searching for a better form of nutrition. We learn that early on when we put away the silly books or blogs that originally entertained but now hold little value. We learn it as we move forward and see the bones of now dead efforts piled high and wide. It is not the wave that crashes closest to the shore that is worth riding, we might need to get a bit deeper in the water to really find valuable efforts. So when the next thing to roll down the pike hits in 2016 just remember all those others that crashed before, don't let it make you cynical, allow it to make you wise.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
  • Upvote 1

^^^ IMO, the Falcon Project did illustrate how PPP = PPP along with bringing a rather eccentric cast of characters out of the woodwork, so to speak.

NAWAC is also illustrative of how a myopic and one dimensional effort attempting to parade under the banner of science is ultimately exposed for what it is and soon to be left in the dust of BF rock piles and broken (trees) dreams.

2016 may well be the beginning of an effort on my part to bring selected individuals into the realm of experiencing a FTF encounter with the risk that some will react in ways that may not be totally desirable as their paradigms will be forever changed. Am not precisely sure of what forces are directing me to this path however, it feels like the appropriate course of action.

2016 may well be the beginning of an effort on my part to bring selected individuals into the realm of experiencing a FTF encounter with the risk that some will react in ways that may not be totally desirable as their paradigms will be forever changed. Am not precisely sure of what forces are directing me to this path however, it feels like the appropriate course of action.

I'd suggest a well known, woods savy, knows his flora and fauna, educated skeptic who can tell us he's no longer skeptical and that there is in fact a sasquatch creature. 

t.

BFF Patron

Good suggestion Terry except I have an open invitation to skeptics to accompany me in field work and have yet to have anyone say they are interested.  I think they prefer the comfort of "knowing" that BF cannot exist.     The other factor is that many witnesses, especially long time hunters who think they know the woods, simply shut down when they have a BF encounter.    They cannot accept it or become so afraid of the woods they stop hunting.     Such reports are very common in BFRO reports.   Some skeptic that is closed minded as to the possibility is not going to be a good witness.    An open minded skeptic might be but I do not think any of us know how we are going to react to a face to face with a BF until it happens.    I have one woman that I sometimes do field work with and I worry she will freak out and endanger herself with a close encounter.     I think anyone doing field work should vet their field partners carefully. 

And I have.

Too few here read thoroughly - and spend lots of time thinking about - the evidence.  Most of the fast food comes from "I personally don't have proof and am beyond frustrated."

I have proof.  Everyone with my demonstrated exposure to the evidence is convinced.

Indeed.  At the frontiers of science, it's all DIY.

Yes, we all understand. You have told us about 10,000 times. Bigfoot is real because you read it on the interwebz. 

The rest of us might require some actual evidence first. 

• Upvote 1

^^^ IMO, the Falcon Project did illustrate how PPP = PPP along with bringing a rather eccentric cast of characters out of the woodwork, so to speak.

NAWAC is also illustrative of how a myopic and one dimensional effort attempting to parade under the banner of science is ultimately exposed for what it is and soon to be left in the dust of BF rock piles and broken (trees) dreams.

So in other words......lets leave proof behind and just continue on with warm and fuzzy feelings.

Awesome.

Good suggestion Terry except I have an open invitation to skeptics to accompany me in field work and have yet to have anyone say they are interested.  I think they prefer the comfort of "knowing" that BF cannot exist.     The other factor is that many witnesses, especially long time hunters who think they know the woods, simply shut down when they have a BF encounter.    They cannot accept it or become so afraid of the woods they stop hunting.     Such reports are very common in BFRO reports.   Some skeptic that is closed minded as to the possibility is not going to be a good witness.    An open minded skeptic might be but I do not think any of us know how we are going to react to a face to face with a BF until it happens.    I have one woman that I sometimes do field work with and I worry she will freak out and endanger herself with a close encounter.     I think anyone doing field work should vet their field partners carefully. 

Dude, I'm shocked, shocked, that no one wants to wonder out into the woods with you. What could possibly go wrong......  It's like the start of a thousand horror movies.

And I'd say missing the boat on NAWAC, by a mile.

You are a cheerleader for nawac for sure. It's been over a decade of research in that one area with nothing but a collections of stories and some stones so far. I tend to think that if they were going to have a breakthrough it would have happened by now but it's their money so let 'em spend it any way they like. It's a not-for-profit anyway so some of it is likely tax deductible if nothing else. :spiteful:

• Upvote 3

Your "tend to think" isn't "what is."

I think it's obvious why "breakthrough" hasn't happened yet.  But paying attention, definitely required.

Keeping in mind, of course, that the total time spent, over the entire history of this phenomenon, is barely a year of full-paid science...and it has been about 99% misapplied, which is what happens when it is all done by amateurs.

Keeping in mind, of course, that the total time spent, over the entire history of this phenomenon, is barely a year of full-paid science...and it has been about 99% misapplied, which is what happens when it is all done by amateurs.

How very fortunate we have you to keep us informed.

• Upvote 1