Bigfoot - Ferocious And Invincible ?

Guest Lesmore

Guest Lesmore

I read a lot of comments about the presumed ferocity of BF, the alleged abilities of BF to take apart any living man or beast.

How is this known to be the case ?

I believe that BF is the apex alpha animal, and hand to hand, would take down any human, or ape who would go against him except for another male BF of similar age, and experience.

That would be a terrifying battle to watch! :blink:

Guest BFSleuth

I read a lot of comments about the presumed ferocity of BF, the alleged abilities of BF to take apart any living man or beast.

This would be known according to eyewitness accounts.

This BFRO report is one of my favorites, describing stalking and hunting behavior targeting a 100+ lb hog:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=8547

Note the BF leaped twice to cover 30 yards, knocked the pig against a tree with one hand, and then pounded it to death with blows "like slamming your fist on a table top". This all happened within about four seconds. It carried the pig off in one hand.

It would be difficult to consider any other North American animal that would be capable of attacking such a creature, or defending against an attack from a BF. The only possibility would be a large bear, but the only interaction I know of between bear and BF was the reported beach sighting in Alaska where a large grizzly fled in a hurry when BF approached.

Yikes, I forgot to say that there are stories of BF tearing an animal apart after catching it. :blob: Then he eats it :o all raw and bloody... :blink:

Guest BuzzardEater

I have heard two stories of BF actually killing someone,both times by a frightened/surprised BF. Both by dismemberment.

If BF eats bears, that would explain a lot. Bears are plentiful, fatty and easy to catch. If you could just run up to a bear and bonk him on the head, you probably would. It would amount to a couple of hundred pounds of food for only a brief effort. A very good transaction for a predator.

I doubt there is anything in the woods that attacks BFs. I think you'd be attacking a pack, to start with. It would also take at least two, probably more, brown bears to even make the attempt on a single BF. Bears do not co operate.

Even a grizzly is at a disadvantage in mobility and stamina. A bear can't throw you into a headlock, or punch your lights out, either.

I don't think there is anything the BF can't deal with. I think there are a lot of things we don't attribute to BF, too.

What primates are not ferocious and invincible in their world(s)? Primates are predators, killers of other animals and can be cannibals. Why would we assume, if they are primates, they are different than most other primates. Logically, if they exist, they are ferocious and invincible to most things.

Even a grizzly is at a disadvantage in mobility and stamina. A bear can't throw you into a headlock, or punch your lights out, either.

angry+bear.jpg

Biggest+Grizzly+Bears+4.jpg

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=8547

Note the BF leaped twice to cover 30 yards, knocked the pig against a tree with one hand, and then pounded it to death with blows "like slamming your fist on a table top". This all happened within about four seconds.

You realize that 30 yards, is 90 feet... and that a report like this one, is far from credible.

Admin

Then he eats it :o all raw and bloody... :blink:

I do that also from time to time... :)

Guest BFSleuth

You realize that 30 yards, is 90 feet... and that a report like this one, is far from credible.

Yes, 90 feet is the same as 30 yards.

By saying that "a report like this one is far from credible" are you saying that all reported sightings of BF aren't credible or that only reports that indicate speed, power, and physical capabilities beyond the capabilities of a hoaxer in a gorilla suit aren't credible? I find this report interesting because it is a hunter in a tree stand that observed the BF for a long period of time leading up to the attack on the hog and did follow up measurements to verify the 30 yard (90 foot) distance from initial crouched position to contact with the hog.

As a side note it seems that hunters in tree stands have some of the most detailed and lengthy observations I've come across in the BFRO database. I'm working on establishing some high hides for this summer season for that reason.

I don't think it's hard to extrapolate the danger considering the size of the creature. Something that big and burly could do whatever it chose to do if it decided it didn't like you IMO.

Guest Lesmore

90 feet....I checked that out after reading. I dunno....something leaping 90 feet. That's very far.

Guest Lesmore

I don't think it's hard to extrapolate the danger considering the size of the creature. Something that big and burly could do whatever it chose to do if it decided it didn't like you IMO.

However we don't know if such a beast exists.

Guest Lesmore

angry+bear.jpg

Biggest+Grizzly+Bears+4.jpg

One whack from a Grizzly bear this size, or even it's smaller cousin the Black Bear, would be enough, I would think, to take me out for the count.....actually more like forever.

I don't think there is much on the continent, if anything that could take on a full grown Grizzly, successfully or at least be a match, except perhaps a very large Bull Buffalo charging, or a large male Polar Bear. The Polar Bear is thought by some to have evolved from the Grizzly.

I'm a bit over 6'3" and my weight varies from 220-240 lbs....I ain't small.

Edited by Lesmore