Campsite Destroyed

Guest ChasingRabbits

Thanks for the clip, Lake!

I come to Bigfoot through my interest in history, folktales/paranormal-Fortean stuff.

I don't claim to be a paranormal researcher or a folktale scholar. However, I've kept my ear close enough to the ground in the paranormal research world to have heard the government cover up stories. Some of them are far-fetched. Such as abandoned, structurally crumbling,  supposed haunted buildings that are patrolled by "the" government. Usually, it's private security hired by the property owners to keep "paranormal investigators" (read: teenagers) who hold "paranormal investigations" (read:  parties) off the property, mainly for the reason of liability. Then there are the times when I think there's something more to it.

I only included a few minutes of the show to not infringe on the pay for content rights it may have, but to give 

you first hand Wes telling the story as he did that night, but the real point is whether we can believe such a story

without some first hand evidence.  The fact of the matter is without such evidence we could be played for fools

and even more so if like myself you subscribed to the payed content.  I mean if you can produce the goods then

put them up on the website, that is all I ask, maybe the names of the campers and the survivor, or even the basic

news story about them going missing, or being found dead.  Just have a hard time excepting second hand stories

as fact, and since I never heard Bob Garrett state these facts I cannot hold him accountable.  

Let me ask one more question, Why would this be an isolated incidence? If these creatures were so ill willed and

inclined to kill people, well wouldn't there have been enough of these cases to make a case, ok, so maybe the 411

picture is coming into view, maybe, just maybe there is something to this, but my real guess is probably not.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest ChasingRabbits

I guess it's because I live in the former "murder capital of the world", but not every missing person case or murder is publicized. A few years ago, there was a dead body found behind a nearby grocery store: never made the news, not even the "local" newspaper which frequently reported 'local' police blotter incidents like fire and rescue removing a cat from a tree.

I promised and I delivered, this is the clip from show 68 members(states 2 individuals were killed and one survived), which is discussing the Bob Garret campsite incidence with greater details, some of which I will not vouch for, read my previous posts to see where I stand on this issue...Wes discusses what

apparently was told to him by Bob Garrett, or at least that is how Wes portrays the situation, if this is true, which I somehow doubt,

then all bets are off for my camping trip this summer.  If a government cover up is involved this post will no longer be available

in the near future....

thanks for sharing

personally my bs meter went into overdrive listening to that

• Upvote 1

LCB pare your last question down a bit further..."Why would this be an isolated incident?"

If we accept as fact that the perp in the case in question was a BF, then it probably isn't an isolated event.

It is, however, a rarely reported event, or an event that is misreported.

The average family who goes out and camps usually does so in a campground, or at least in an area where dispersed camping is legal and has been going on for a long time. Most of those places have a history of all sorts of animals high-grading the food if it is left out or causing general mayhem if the camp is left unattended.

Since most campgrounds have signs telling people to keep their stuff secured to keep the bears and such out then the probability is that if a family comes back to camp after a hike and the place has been trashed they are simply going to assume a bear or raccoon or whatever was responsible, and go on about their business.

People, in general, tend to have blinders on, they "see" a lot less than their eyes deliver.

When I was a kid we lived in an area that is famous for trout fishing, and that had a number of USFS campgrounds. Even back then there were signs everywhere about controlling your food, trash, where to dump fish guts, etc.

People had about a 50% compliance rate.

My Dad owned the only service station in town, and as such we  saw the carnage caused by bears, etc all the time as tourists came in to gas up before heading home. I remember a guy with a brand new pickup and a matching Alaskan Pop-up camper coming in to the station one day and the camper looked like someone had turned a Skilsaw loose on it. The door was tied on the back and the windows on one side were gone.

The bear had come in through the door after ripping it open like a can opener, and the guy had ejected via the windows after kicking them out. The camper was totaled. He'd gone to bed with fish guts in a paper bag on the counter and the windows all open, LOL.

As a general rule those extreme cases are the only ones we would ever hear about...the run-of-the-mill camp thrash was simply too common to even mention.

Now, if there were no bears out there to blame it on...well I know no raccoon could destroy that camper.

But there are bears.

It would take someone with above average awareness to even consider that something other than a bear was responsible for a camp trashing. Most people just don't think that well.

Once is an isolated case, twice is a coincidence and anything more than that it raises curious eyebrows.  So either we are uniquely more intelligent than our predecessor’s and everyone else is clueless or this sort of thing has been happening for a very long time and it simply went unnoticed, either way the Garrett issue gives everyone cause to go back rethink what is happening here.    

SEP 11 1981

Evening

St. Clair County

Yale, Mi

Male

LXX ShXXXXX heard a noise outside about 6.45 p.m., looked out the kitchen window, and saw a greyish black creature about 6'4" tall destroy a tent in the yard and throw his bicycle 30 to 40 feet. Police found two fiberglass tent poles broken off, a deputy could not bend one. They also found doors at the front and rear of the barn damaged. Wayne King report, also state police report, quoting LXX ShXXXX, 14, of Yale, MI. Broke fiberglass tent poles policeman could not bend.

Source: Wayne King was the early source for Sasquatch information during 70s-1980s. I do know there were at least two maybe more incident reported in the fall of 1981 for the same county unrelated to campgrounds.

BFF Patron

A torn up camp to me points more to bear than BF.    I have experienced a bear invasion and destruction of items in my camp before.    It is very obvious.     I have had contact with several people that who camp in BF active areas who have seen just the opposite of bear type destructive behavior.     The BF there rarely damage anything.    If there is any sign that BF was in camp,  it was footsteps and running through camp, hearing them rummaging through items left out on tables, and sometimes Samurai chatter.    Reports of containers being opened,  contents examined, and the containers reclosed are common.    Sometimes it is difficult to even know if things have been examined except the item was moved or some of the contents are missing.   Certainly any sort of damage to containers is rare.   A raccoon or bear will really make a mess.   Bite or tear things open, leave food pieces scattered all over, and would never put a lid back on anything.     Worse to me is if the BF open coolers and examine the contents.     The hands of a BF have to be a veritable petri dish of deadly pathogenic organisms that they are immune to but could be deadly to a human.    I sure would not want a BF pawing through my cooler, even if it did not damage anything inside.    I keep warning people about the risk of disease if BF has touched things you use.   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

If we accept as fact that the perp in the case in question was a BF,

We ... or at least I ... do not, so subsequent speculation is pointless.   I do not accept that there WAS a case, period.  I don't know where you worked in law enforcement.   In my area ... small town of 25K people in a rural county ... it would not be possible to hide such a case in a way that it didn't show up in the papers.  There is no EFFECTIVE conspiracy possible.    We're still looking for the culprit in a near beheading on the bike path through town 3 years ago.    If Bob Garrett were to distance himself from the lies about murders I might consider the torn up camp, but not together, and if one is a lie, both are.

Prove someone died.   At least there'd be a basis for speculation about BF involvement.   As it is, it's 100% USDA approved bull feces. 

MIB

Edited by MIB

Northfork wrote:

It would take someone with above average awareness to even consider that something other than a bear was responsible for a camp trashing. Most people just don't think that well.

Susie says:

I agree, but then you run into people who are too smart for their own good, and if they can't or don't see it, then it does not exist, such as UFOs, BF, and ghosts, all of which I have seen and experienced.

Hubby, an Eagle Scout, has hiked, camped, and spent time in the forests all of his life.

Hubby has missed it all....so he is no believer in any of this stuff:(

Edited to add: Hubby is a genius with a 160 +  IQ.

Edited by SweetSusiq

Jasperlamarcrab -

Thank you and good question. What I see as real is based on my personal beliefs both in and outside this topic and experience that may not be your own but it doesn’t necessarily mean something is more right than somebody else’s, but you ask and I will be very frank. The feeling I experienced was unearthly different than anything I ever experienced period and I will probably never go back out there again.

Thanks for the reply Gumshoeye. That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Not broaching those topics verboten I'll digress. I appreciate your candor.

MIB I put that caveat in there to allow for further speculation. I don't accept the conclusion either, but speculation beyond that is sometimes helpful in opening other avenues, other trails, revealing other clues. I pointed out my personal experience with bears and other critters trashing camps to point out how common it is, at least in my A.O.

Where I worked it would indeed be possible for anyone to hide just about anything from the local 4th estate representatives.

They were in essence clueless, population numbers notwithstanding...clueless to the point that I would doubt their collective ability to find their buttocks with both hands and a mirror.

According to an article at Bigfoot Evidence, linked below, the government has shut down all of Bob Garrett's Internet sites including radio and his Facebook page is even down.  I've noticed that none of the videos he made upon discovering the camp work anymore.  It's strange.  His investigations of these things may have stepped on too many authorities toes.  On those videos where they found the torn up camp were many bare footprints Garrett believed were by BF.

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-government-just-shutdown-bigfoot.html

The above link is to the BF Evidence article and it has a recent audio recording of Bob Garrett taking about the torn up camp and other torn up camps.  Apparently the camp on the video that was torn up involves two missing men and one man who escaped in his truck.  Garrett claims he gleaned that from being interviewed by authorities. The recording is chilling beyond the missing men from that one camp.  It talks about a lot of missing people in that area and the government not releasing info on it.  Begin listening to the audio at the 31:00 minute mark.  It's very chilling.  

Edited by jayjeti

Here is a link to Christopher Corry's "Underground Railroad" YouTube show, #9, in which he interviews Wes Germer of Sasquatch Chronicles. Wes covers a number of areas in response to questions from Corry including more info on Bob Garrett's situation and Wes and his brother Woody's encounter on Yacolt Mountain that began his interest in the subject. I hadn't heard of Corry before finding this link; he tends to hype things up, but it makes a good contrast to Wes who is very down to earth.

Wes covers some aspects of the Yacolt Mountain encounter and aftermath that I had not heard before and found quite interesting.

Here is a link to Christopher Corry's "Underground Railroad" YouTube show, #9, in which he interviews Wes Germer of Sasquatch Chronicles. Wes covers a number of areas in response to questions from Corry including more info on Bob Garrett's situation and Wes and his brother Woody's encounter on Yacolt Mountain that began his interest in the subject. I hadn't heard of Corry before finding this link; he tends to hype things up, but it makes a good contrast to Wes who is very down to earth.

Wes covers some aspects of the Yacolt Mountain encounter and aftermath that I had not heard before and found quite interesting.

Airdale – Long video but well worth the time spent listening, thanks for sharing and thumbs up to you my friend!

According to an article at Bigfoot Evidence, linked below, the government has shut down all of Bob Garrett's Internet sites including radio and his Facebook page is even down.  I've noticed that none of the videos he made upon discovering the camp work anymore.  It's strange.  His investigations of these things may have stepped on too many authorities toes.  On those videos where they found the torn up camp were many bare footprints Garrett believed were by BF.

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-government-just-shutdown-bigfoot.html

The above link is to the BF Evidence article and it has a recent audio recording of Bob Garrett taking about the torn up camp and other torn up camps.  Apparently the camp on the video that was torn up involves two missing men and one man who escaped in his truck.  Garrett claims he gleaned that from being interviewed by authorities. The recording is chilling beyond the missing men from that one camp.  It talks about a lot of missing people in that area and the government not releasing info on it.  Begin listening to the audio at the 31:00 minute mark.  It's very chilling.  

Jayjeti – Welcome back!

Wow Airdale, I watched the video.  16:00 - 51:00 minutes deals with government cover up of sasquatches including what Bob Garrett has had to deal with.  Around the 16:00 minute mark and following it talks about two government agents, one small and the other a huge burly biker type that intimidates people to keep quiet.  I've heard of similar accounts.  Below is an audio of a man claiming to have shot a BF and two similar men persuading him not to talk about it.

Edited by jayjeti