Houston, We Have A Bigfoot

Cotter

Came across this article.  Bigfoot attacks researchers.

Log Throwing.

What I find interesting, is that, save for the log throwing, this incident plays out nearly identical to several encounters a pal of mine had in the 90's.

http://m.chron.com/news/strange-weird/article/Sasquatch-hunters-near-Houston-say-they-were-attac-6137289.php

"The Sasquatch didn't like it when explorers in the Sam Houston National Forest drew too near him last week, and in his fury he hurled giant logs at the curious humans.

That's according to Wes Germer, host of the Sasquatch Chronicle podcast, whose team ventured into the East Texas Piney Woods with the guide of Bob Garrett and sons, a Conroe family of self-declared "cryptozoologists," who have tracked legendary creatures through the woods north of Houston for years, and who document thier findings in various bigfoot blogs."

I have been a subscriber to Sasquatch Chronicles website since it's inception, now the host Wes is facing allegations of hoaxing his own encounter. Some of the individuals on that website put the date of his encounter and the moon phase together, that revealed the date November 16, 2012 did not have a full moon, but rather a sliver of a. moon. Contradicting his account emphatically stating that it was a full moon. Couple that with an e-mail that he sent the next day that purports seeing 3 instead of 4 creatures mentioned in his other accounts, then you have an Admin. on the sight that say she has some evidence to incriminate Wes further, you can kind of see the writing on the wall. That show and website are going down in flames, unless Wes can vindicate himself, I suggested on the website that he undergo a lie detector test. His account certainly does not fall into the normal percentages of what people see, and you would be hard pressed to find an account of that variety and situation. I hate to say it, but I am quickly losing faith, I have been burned so many times in the few short years of my pilgrimage in this Bigfoot world.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
  • Upvote 1

LCB, I invite you to consider this: Sasquatch Chronicles is the place where many people got information about the massive intrusion by state and federal authorities into the life of Bob Garrett.

Perhaps those same operatives now want to discredit Sasquatch Chronicles and Wes Germer, to cast doubt on the information Germer gave about that massive intrusion.  

I would look very, very carefully at what is now being said about Wermer, and very carefully at where and from whom this new "information" is coming.  

Guest ewashguy56

That encounter sounds pretty darn :fan:  scary. I can't say I have ever heard of a BF throwing logs at humans, up till this. Wow. Keep some armour handy if your seeking a bigfoot, I would think.

Admin

We don't need two threads on this, the two were merged.

LCB, I invite you to consider this: Sasquatch Chronicles is the place where many people got information about the massive intrusion by state and federal authorities into the life of Bob Garrett.

Perhaps those same operatives now want to discredit Sasquatch Chronicles and Wes Germer, to cast doubt on the information Germer gave about that massive intrusion.

I would look very, very carefully at what is now being said about Wermer, and very carefully at where and from whom this new "information" is coming.

He has betrayed himself with his own words. How did those shadowy "operatives" manage that? There's no need to invoke a conspiracy when the contradictions in the story are self-generated.

• Upvote 2

I agree with Bonehead & Crowlogic on this. When you consider the very "dramatic" Bigfoot encounter, along with Bob Garrets's dramatic "men in black" problems, related to his "dramatic" reports on Bigfoot campground violence, it all equals a big draw for Bigfoot Chronicles.

Think about it, most people would rather listen to these exciting stories than the basic, run of the mill, Bigfoot research.

These guys, like so many others, know what we want to hear.....BF encounters that are exciting and/ or dangerous.

• Upvote 1

I agree Cisco that all this is just theatrical. To bump up their ratings and to add excitement for their listeners. All though it is not to say that these creatures can behave like this only when they do not want to be bothered.

SSR Team

I think these Guys are full of you know what, called it quite a while back too.

Mr Jevning has "officially" backed away from them which say a lot to me as he is still selling books.

post-136-0-29229600-1426720433.jpg

Edited by BobbyO

Guest JiggyPotamus

Well I do know that there is at least one sasquatch in the forest in question, because I saw him. So the story is not impossible in that regard. Like others have pointed out, when there is money or media exposure involved, and someone has a motive for inventing claims, this angle must be considered. I have much more trust and faith in reports from "regular" people, essentially those who have no financial investment in sasquatch whatsoever. This does not include personal investment in equipment for research purposes of course. I would mainly be concerned with those who have an income stream centered around sasquatch, because even if they have good intentions, when it comes to one's livelihood people are much more apt to get involved in hoaxes. And it might not even be their livelihood, but instead their desire to keep their website, radio show, podcast, etc., up and running, which could make them feel backed into a corner, whereby they believe they are justified in creating false information. I am not saying this is definitely what is going on, but the chances of a hoax are much higher in this instance than they would be if the exact same encounter involved a random person, again who had no financial or public ties to bigfoot.

Edit to add that I have no knowledge of the people in question, as I prefer to stay away from the personal politics that arise from the various bigfoot personalities, so I will leave that portion of the analysis up to those who know more than myself. That is not to say that personal politics are not useful in determining the truth, since a person's past behaviors are often a good indicator of the tactics they are willing to pursue, their level of honesty, etc...I just prefer to stay away from these things, unless they involve the more well-known individuals that are hard to ignore. Therefore I will leave this portion of the analysis up to those who know more than myself.

Edited by JiggyPotamus

BFF Patron

That encounter sounds pretty darn :fan:  scary. I can't say I have ever heard of a BF throwing logs at humans, up till this. Wow. Keep some armour handy if your seeking a bigfoot, I would think.

Logs thrown at a former member ScaredCamper occurred at Land Between the Lakes campground where he and his family was camped at shoreline one night.  It is probably in our 1.0 archives looking up scaredcamper member content.  Though I own a Jevning book, I did not think enough about this show to even listen to them.  Sounds like I made the right decision.  

Edited by bipedalist

I've had a log or large moss covered limb about 6-8 inch diameter and 10-15ft long thrown uphill like a javelin at my direction after I did three tree knocks in the Abiqua Basin area in Oregon on 9-1-99. That's the first and last time I've ever experienced something like that. It was pretty cool!!!

He has betrayed himself with his own words. How did those shadowy "operatives" manage that? There's no need to invoke a conspiracy when the contradictions in the story are self-generated.

I agree. I'm not sure what it being suggested? That the "powers that be" changed the moon phases to make Sas. Chronicles to look like they are fabricating their encounter?

I think the logical explanation is that they are fabricating their encounter. JMO.

• Upvote 1

Think quite a few of us saw this coming a while back.

The suggestion that these guys were set up in some manner by the government is quite ludicrous. No wonder hoaxers and charlatans can run amok unchecked within the BF community.