Houston, We Have A Bigfoot

Cotter

SSR Team

The young lady has walked too now.

I think these Guys are full of you know what, called it quite a while back too.

Mr Jevning has "officially" backed away from them which say a lot to me as he is still selling books.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Did you post that in my Sas Chronicles thread where I asked, like 4 months ago, about which stories sounded like "BS"? No one picked Wes's story as BS, I only pointed out one, looking for a ''crowdsourcing'' perspective, but not much became of that thread.

I also asked if Wes had a previous Sasquatch show, I think he did, ''before'' his supposed encounter, which is sort of suspicious. That doesn't mean all the show stories are BS though.

But yea, at this point, anyone can tell a good BF or Dogman story, its going to be difficult to tell who is telling the truth.

Edited by Wag

I didn't even know they had bigfoot in Texas.

Victoria,

Texas is crawling with bigfoot if you believe the general consensus.

• Upvote 1

Oh, wow, now he is saying, on that date, Nov 16th, there was a ''solar flare'' that could have illuminated the area like a full-moon, the email trail is his big problem. Well, the BS truck is loaded and full, and its going to dump a load.Digging a hole he can't climb out of, but the date of the email is the main problem.

Eh, I'll still listen to his free show, as long as it lasts. Couple months?

Edited by Wag

SSR Team

Did you post that in my Sas Chronicles thread where I asked, like 4 months ago, about which stories sounded like "BS"? No one picked Wes's story as BS, I only pointed out one, looking for a ''crowdsourcing'' perspective, but not much became of that thread.

If I remember right and if I remember what I thought about the show before this came to light, I think I said or would have said that I felt there were issues to me in multiple stories that all had the exact same line of thought, with no other line of thought in any other stories on the show seemingly allowed.

I listened to their show on the 18th, the theme was about the recent accusations of hoaxing and profiteering.

Prior to the recent accusations, I had listened to their show and had always thought it leaned towards the dramatic. I just assumed they focused on dramatic stories to increase their audience participation.

Anyhow, the tone of the show was rather interesting in that they were very indignant about the accusations thrown their way. Apparently, they had also been harassed and had received inappropriate comments about the female host. I don't know if there were inappropriate comments made but if so, I don't blame them for being upset as that behavior is unacceptable, regardless of what they have been accused of doing.

I'm not a behavioral expert but I had the impression that both Wes and Woody had a tone of sarcasm and almost righteous indignation about the accusations. In short, they did not sound like people that were eager for the opportunity to prove their story was true. They kept making sarcastic comments about all of the money they were making, from the show and their website. One of them kept mentioning he was unemployed and they didn't have the money to pay for even minor expenses. However, instead of feeling empathy for these guys, I felt like they sounded like two people that were caught with their hands in the cookie jar and were trying to divert attention from their actions.

Who knows where the truth really lies as their Bigfoot encounter can't be proven true or false. However, there's no doubt in my mind, they have attempted to make some money from people interested in the subject of Sasquatch. This is what has caused them so much grief. Simply because this creates an "incentive" to create or hi-light stories that are more sensational than what can be found on other websites or podcasts. I've listened to a number of their shows and all of them have this ongoing theme of violent, aggressive Bigfoot. Let's face it, mean Bigfoot sells much better than flower smelling, cuddly Bigfoot.

Wes and Woody claim they are not really trying to make money from their show. This makes no sense to me as they're charging for memberships? They're also trying to sell advertising and its displayed on their website. I'm not an expert in advertising but I do know that pricing is based on the size of the target audience. In other words, they have a serious incentive for increasing their audience and once an incentive like that is in place, it immediately casts doubt on authenticity.

If these guys really are telling the truth, they should welcome the opportunity to step up and verify their claims in whatever manner they can. I understand their resentment towards people that have been verbally aggressive or invasive. Aside from that, they have no room to question why people are questioning them. They claim to have started the show as a way to provide a place for people to discuss their encounter. Maybe this is true but along the way, they saw a chance to make a buck. It's the money that detracts from the legitimacy of their show.

• Upvote 1

Well, if one is unemployed, then that they would try to  make $ off the show would seem to be common sense. Couldn't listen to the whiney show, its good entertainment, and there is alot of BS in this field so I'm not worried about it, except when the STORIES ARE BADLY TOLD! :aikido: go ahead an LIE your buns off, but make sure there are no holes in the story please. funny, I was going to do a post a long time ago on faking BF stories, but I really felt it would not be a good road to trot down. 20/20 hindsight on that baby.

Edited by Wag

They put they own time and effort into doing the show, so I don't see a problem with charging a fee to cover their costs.  But I don't understand what the paying customers are getting that the non paying customers are not getting?  Are there other shows that the general public has not had access to? What's the incentive for joining? I know they promised more content that would be available only to members, but have they delivered on that?

I wonder how much, if any, this whole mess has effected their membership numbers.

Guest Crowlogic

It always goes back to follow the money.  I listened to the broadcast of the first encounter and as soon as I heard the sob story of illness in the family and one of them being unemployed the red flag went up.  In some ways it's safer to trust a commercial for profit enterprise dedicated to finding bigfoot than that of a pious humble average Joe who just happens to have an income generating bigfoot enterprise.

I'm not a behavioral expert but I had the impression that both Wes and Woody had a tone of sarcasm and almost righteous indignation about the accusations. In short, they did not sound like people that were eager for the opportunity to prove their story was true. They kept making sarcastic comments about all of the money they were making, from the show and their website. One of them kept mentioning he was unemployed and they didn't have the money to pay for even minor expenses. However, instead of feeling empathy for these guys, I felt like they sounded like two people that were caught with their hands in the cookie jar and were trying to divert attention from their actions.

Cisco,

I agree with you assessments but wanted to add another comment.

I felt that in that show they also acted in an unprofessional manner by questioning the integrity of Rene Dahinden and Will Jevning.

The purpose of the show was supposed to be to clear the air and explain the holes in their story and not to challenge the integrity of Dahinden or question Jevning's claims.

The tact they took was not only diversionary but also distasteful, and I lost total confidence in any of their claims.

SSR Team

Cisco,

I agree with you assessments but wanted to add another comment.

I felt that in that show they also acted in an unprofessional manner by questioning the integrity of Rene Dahinden and Will Jevning.

The purpose of the show was supposed to be to clear the air and explain the holes in their story and not to challenge the integrity of Dahinden or question Jevning's claims.

The tact they took was not only diversionary but also distasteful, and I lost total confidence in any of their claims.

Is this in a new show Explorer ?

Poor form if so, they built a show on that Guy and to turn on him like that shows a serious lack of class and says a lot about them as people IMO.