The Leap From "belief" To "i've Got It All Figured Out"

TedSallis

Of course you know I was not speaking of air and water, but the forests of darkness. As for  witnesses. Misidentifications , fabrications, wishful thinking and the wonderful world of imagination explains  that aspect of it. I want them to exist. I love the idea of it. That does not change the simple fact that they donot.

I take 'everywhere' to mean just that...everywhere.

I admire your insight in regards to the motives and psychology of EVERY single witness, regardless of time frame, continent, ethnicity, etc.

But I find it wanting, sorry.

Thank you for the admiration. I am sure  I don't have all the answers, but I am 99 % sure Bigfoot is  pure fantasy.

No fossil record, no specimen live or dead . Sadly, there never will be for the simple fact  they do not exist.  Nice legend and great stories, but that is all.

Guest Crowlogic

Thank you for the admiration. I am sure  I don't have all the answers, but I am 99 % sure Bigfoot is  pure fantasy.

No fossil record, no specimen live or dead . Sadly, there never will be for the simple fact  they do not exist.  Nice legend and great stories, but that is all.

I have arrived at the same conclusion.

I've arrived at the conclusion that based on the things mentioned (No fossil record, no specimen live or dead) I can't say they exist.

I can't dismiss every single sighting report as a identification, hoax, lie, hallucination, mental delusion, etc. IMO, that is as absurd as saying they do exist, without having ever seen one, or having any solid proof (specimen, DNA).

So, I'm left wondering, if even one of these sightings is being completely accurately described (out of all sightings I have read and heard, it's not unreasonable that 1 could be accurate), then what was seen?

All it takes is one.

I guess that's why I am here.

ETA: I guess I haven't arrived at a conclusion after all.

Edited by chelefoot

Patterson-Gimlin - Crowlogic

You two can arrive to that conclusion, that they are just legend or stories. I cannot agree, although what I have seen did not look like Patty I know they are real. But it seems that it is not worth the argument of whether they are real or not for me. Yes, I can see why it is hard to see why, but you have never experienced them. You know what? the good thing is that I am not the only one. weird Huh!!! Must mean that these creatures choose their victims well and have a full understanding of their status within our world.

Not every story has the same reasoning except maybe the stories of highway sightings. Some times it is quicker to move by a road then in heavy brush. Oh yea! Maybe when they really want to move fast they teleport to their next point of entry. Now I have to test this of what Dr. J has said about portals opening and closing with lights.  How true is ,let's see.  If true then it should or could be replicated some where else right ! 

I know for you Crowlogic that this stuff is hard for you to grip and I do not blame you, but their is weirdness with these creatures. You have to experience your self to understand . Keep staying skeptic and the truth will slap you in the face. But do not give up and come to a conclusion yet. The more sophisticated we get the more chance we get at seeing or even getting proof. 

JDL. Thank you for sharing that . That was quite amusing. Especially since proponets certainly do not have it figured out. If they did . There would be proof and  nothing for us so called skeptics to question.

The difference is that the "proponents" often do not assign exact definition to what they saw, they simply say it was something they had not encountered before and wasn't a bear, man, etc. 

The skeptics (many of them, at any rate) have 'figured it all out' by default, since they KNOW the animal does not exist.  Their minds are closed.

Those who have sighted it do not often explicitly say "yes, that was a relic hominid" or a Sasquatch or whatever...they just know they saw something unusual.

Edited by chelefoot
Remove quote of previous post
  • Upvote 1

That often you speak of is likely  the misidentifications I eluded to. Nice people that simply  thought they saw something unusual. Fear,adrenaline are just a few reasons this can occur. When in fact it is a bear ,man etc.

I don't completely rule them out. I left 1 % on the table. I have studied and read much of the research available to me.  All the stories, folklore , footprints,blurry pics and cheap costumes are not impressive to me.  I am however, impressed with the Patterson film.

Misidentification exists, granted, and it may well account for a large majority of sightings.

However, I think it is much more difficult to dismiss or explain away cases of seasoned outdoorsmen (hunters, trappers, etc.) who are quite familiar with the 'other' things it could have been like bear, people, etc. and still say "this is something else".  Those in particular are the cases that defy easy explanation and need to be taken very, very seriously.

Edited by chelefoot
Remove quote of previous post
  • Upvote 1

I am glad you mentioned hunters. I know several and have been on a few hunts myself. I would have thought by now  they would have brought in the smoking gun by now. Sasquatch on a slab. Has not happened because there  are none to bring in. The same amount of Yetis that perished in Nepal recently. Perhaps, I should have not mentioned that last one. My heart goes out to many who have suffered and perished in that tragic  earthquake.

I had thought about the yeti thing too.  Yes, so tragic and sad...

The difference is that the "proponents" often do not assign exact definition to what they saw, they simply say it was something they had not encountered before and wasn't a bear, man, etc. 

The skeptics (many of them, at any rate) have 'figured it all out' by default, since they KNOW the animal does not exist.  Their minds are closed.

Those who have sighted it do not often explicitly say "yes, that was a relic hominid" or a Sasquatch or whatever...they just know they saw something unusual.

Don't forget, many skeptics are hopeful.  With all the bs flying around it's difficult to know what's on the up and up and what's not...especially for those of us who aren't involved in the "club".  I always think it would be neat to choose 10 of the best people who have credible and interesting, up close encounters.  Have them all interviewed and lie detected by a professional.  See how many pass.  Boy, if it was 10 out of 10 I'd certainly have my antenna up!  Too bad that can't be organized and funded.

t.

Edited by Terry

I believe I got it all figured out. 99% of  video's, TV, outrageous stories are all bovine feces. Jump on the band wagon, lets see if I can make some serious cash $$$ out of this.

I just wonder what a real Bigfoot looks like? I've seen so many different ones on youtube.

I've never seen Bigfoot so I am somewhat skeptical. Personally seeing is knowing and knowing is believing.

• Upvote 1

YES, personal seeing is PERSONAL believing. Many of us that have seen them and I have now seen several, it doesn't even matter what others think, it is what it is. But, as long as people are respectful of those of us that KNOW for ourselves, it is all good.

KB

• Upvote 2