Cascades Carnivore Project - How Do They Miss The Bigfoots?

kitakaze

So basically DWA, you are saying show us the bigfoot evidence you are hiding because we KNOW that you are hiding some?

Ok....this from the same person who says he never espoused conspiracy theories?

Yup, that makes sense alright.

• 1 year later...
BFF Patron

http://www.valleyrecord.com/news/284353461.html

http://wdfw.wa.gov/enforcement/kbd/

I would think gamecams in combination with Karelian bear dogs might work on pinchpoints.

Stan Courtney has a Karelian bear dog named Belle who seems sensitive to some Bigfoot creeping around.

Bipedalist

There are a few more details about 'Mishka', the bear dog that is mentioned in that link to WDFW. Seattle is visited by cougars ( not WSU ) and black bears from time to time. Back in May, 2009, on the 17th ( a Norwegian celebration day and Norseman is going to love this one......), a black bear shows up in the 'Ballard' neighborhood. Yep, a Scandinavian neighborhood. The bear was very elusive and was nicknamed "Urban Phantom" by WDFW. A citizen poll was taken to name the bear and the winner was, wait for it Norseman......"Leif Bearickson". Yah sure you betcha and Mishka was brought in. At one point, in Ballard, Leif Bearickson was chased by 4 WDFW agents, Mishka and 14 Seattle Police officers. Leif Bearickson out ran them and escaped. It was believed that 'Leif' was captured in a city north of Seattle on May 30th. He was sedated and released into the Cascade Mountains.

I don't know about bear dogs. Perhaps Belle and Mishka could work together for a 'double team' effect.

Some people can't understand how Sasquatch can hide so well. A simple search of wild and not so wild animals in Seattle brings up bears, cougars, coyotes, and cute raccoons. Cougars have been elusive in Discovery Park for a week. Predator time in Seattle is measured in weeks.

• Upvote 1

Define "skin in the game" there DWA.

Your problem with bigfoot skeptics, or anyone that disagrees with Meldrum or Bindernagel, is that they will not accept the existence of bigfoot without proper proof.

I don’t feel secure in the presumption that science or man has not provided anyone with all the answers on Bigfoot, and those that know better as you pointed out, should not be held up as the shining example of what is or isn’t proper proof ….

My bold.  You are assuming, of course, that they exist.  You cannot say that as factual. All that we can say as factual is that there are no bigfeets on the pictures that we have seen. You cannot say that they avoid them as a fact.  Now some of us interpret the lack of bigfeet images from these studies as an additional source of strong evidence that bigfoot does not exist. Others, have different ideas that usually include some special pleading for bigfeets.  

You cannot say, as a fact, that this proves that bigfeets avoid trail cams anymore than I can say that it proves they do not exist, or are not present in those areas.  To me it is compelling evidence that bigfeets are not there. It is certainly a mystery why they are not showing up on these cams.  For you, it is just evidence that they are avoiding them for a host of speculated reasons.

That’s a presumption based on opinion, not on fact. Some believe they do exist evident by thousands of claims just as some will infer or deduce lack of Bigfoot images are just that. We differ in view in that approach and that is a fact we both agree on.

BFF Patron

BipedalistThere are a few more details about 'Mishka', the bear dog that is mentioned in that link to WDFW. Seattle is visited by cougars ( not WSU ) and black bears from time to time. Back in May, 2009, on the 17th ( a Norwegian celebration day and Norseman is going to love this one......), a black bear shows up in the 'Ballard' neighborhood. Yep, a Scandinavian neighborhood. The bear was very elusive and was nicknamed "Urban Phantom" by WDFW. A citizen poll was taken to name the bear and the winner was, wait for it Norseman......"Leif Bearickson". Yah sure you betcha and Mishka was brought in. At one point, in Ballard, Leif Bearickson was chased by 4 WDFW agents, Mishka and 14 Seattle Police officers. Leif Bearickson out ran them and escaped. It was believed that 'Leif' was captured in a city north of Seattle on May 30th. He was sedated and released into the Cascade Mountains.I don't know about bear dogs. Perhaps Belle and Mishka could work together for a 'double team' effect.Some people can't understand how Sasquatch can hide so well. A simple search of wild and not so wild animals in Seattle brings up bears, cougars, coyotes, and cute raccoons. Cougars have been elusive in Discovery Park for a week. Predator time in Seattle is measured in weeks.

Yes my thought is a minimum of three dogs, maybe with three on backup nearby. Leif Bearikson definitely could give norseman a run for his money. Wild on the Seattle wildlife

I don’t feel secure in the presumption that science or man has not provided anyone with all the answers on Bigfoot, and those that know better as you pointed out, should not be held up as the shining example of what is or isn’t proper proof ….

That’s a presumption based on opinion, not on fact. Some believe they do exist evident by thousands of claims just as some will infer or deduce lack of Bigfoot images are just that. We differ in view in that approach and that is a fact we both agree on.

Susi says:

Gum, I have seen lots of what I thought were excellent to good pictures of BF all around the WWW, and here also.

In post #798 in this thread, there is a picture posted that the CCP put up asking "What Is It?"  I sincerely doubt the people conducting the project didn't know what it was.  Clearly, you see the tail on the hind end of a deer, complete with eye shine in the lower right corner of the picture.  And there are at least 2 of them, with the other one off to the right in the corner.

I don't think it's evidence that they would not cover up anything.

Guest Crowlogic

The lack of game camera footage and the excuses why there is that lack of footage is perhaps the major telling blow against the existence of bigfoot.  While it is easy to claim that the interested human beings never get enough time in the field or can't afford to put time in the field a game camera will do the job for free day and night 24/7.  Furthermore the game camera will do the job without a mind confusing the issue.  So bigfoot is too smart, too rare, hears too well, sees too well, smells too well, hides too well to get game camera footage?  Primates are generalists, human beings are generalists.  Neither does anything super well but they do most things pretty good.  But pretty good isn't going to give you extra sensory perception against a modern invention like a game camera.  Can someone explain just how bigfoot managed to evolve an ingrained screening defense against a technology barely a quarter of a century old.  If not then what the hey did it need to evolve something that for most of the earth's existence didn't even exist?  By that I mean electrically driven devices which are largely beginning in the 20th Century.  Is is not more rational to conclude that game camera footage of bigfoot does not exist because there is no bigfoot to capture on those cameras?

The only excuse that really works in my mind is that bigfoot is just so scarce that it hasn't popped up on a game cam yet. After reading through much of this old thread there was no really good explanation why there is a lack of game cam captures with the number of reported sightings. But I guess alpha coyotes, infrared vision, government conspiracy blah blah blah

The lack of game camera footage and the excuses why there is that lack of footage is perhaps the major telling blow against the existence of bigfoot.  While it is easy to claim that the interested human beings never get enough time in the field or can't afford to put time in the field a game camera will do the job for free day and night 24/7.  Furthermore the game camera will do the job without a mind confusing the issue.  So bigfoot is too smart, too rare, hears too well, sees too well, smells too well, hides too well to get game camera footage?  Primates are generalists, human beings are generalists.  Neither does anything super well but they do most things pretty good.  But pretty good isn't going to give you extra sensory perception against a modern invention like a game camera.  Can someone explain just how bigfoot managed to evolve an ingrained screening defense against a technology barely a quarter of a century old.  If not then what the hey did it need to evolve something that for most of the earth's existence didn't even exist?  By that I mean electrically driven devices which are largely beginning in the 20th Century.  Is is not more rational to conclude that game camera footage of bigfoot does not exist because there is no bigfoot to capture on those cameras?

^^^

Let's see, if that were so, it would apply everywhere and it would explain a lot of things:

“1,183,700 violent crimes were committed at American public schools during the 2009-2010 school year.â€

The lack of game camera footage and the excuses why there is that lack of footage is perhaps the major telling blow against the existence of crime.  A game camera will do the job for free day and night 24/7. Furthermore the game camera will do the job without a mind confusing the issue. Is not more rational to conclude that game camera footage of Crime does not exist because there is no Crime to capture on those cameras?

Therefore no crimes exist ...  never mind the fact that less than a third were ever reported to law enforcement. There are direct similarities in the way people report things whether it be Bigfoots or crime, people are people yet, people know that is true. Despite the availability of technology things occur that are never caught on video, as illustrated above nor are they always reported. We cannot infer something doesn't exist simply because I (you) or others have never  experienced a particular something yet ... If cameras were the end all answer to everything there would be no crime either!

Source:  http://cnsnews.com/news/article/1183700-violent-crimes-committed-public-schools-only-303900-reported-police

Edited by Gumshoeye

• masterbarber locked this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic