Cascades Carnivore Project - How Do They Miss The Bigfoots?

kitakaze

"Go back and read twists post. He opened the door on proponents not producing media. Which is false."

I do not believe I opened any door, nor intended to with my comment.  My comment fell right in line with this thread and I merely wondered, why with all these cams out there for the CCP can they not capture a BF.  I do find it awfully confusing why a BF is not afraid of houses, campsites or other human "devices" but the camera is a big no no.  I never stated proponents have not produced media.  

Has CCP presented any forensic evidence? Any eye witness encounters? No?

Please try to stay on topic DWA.

Edited by dmaker

"Go back and read twists post. He opened the door on proponents not producing media. Which is false."

I do not believe I opened any door, nor intended to with my comment.  My comment fell right in line with this thread and I merely wondered, why with all these cams out there for the CCP can they not capture a BF.  I do find it awfully confusing why a BF is not afraid of houses, campsites or other human "devices" but the camera is a big no no.  I never stated proponents have not produced media.

There is a difference between being afraid and choosing to avoid a camera trap. The only animals I've captured on camera that appeared to fear of it were coyotes. There is evidence, call it anecdotal if you wish, that human habitations experience activity until cameras are located on site. If I remember correctly NAWAC experienced this very thing.

But how or why would a bigfoot know to avoid a camera trap.  Are they aware of what it does?  Has a bigfoot ever been harmed by a game cam?   Why would a bigfoot be more wary of a camera placed in the woods by a man than it would be of a tent being placed in the woods, or the beer cooler, or the camp chairs etc.....

Hi Twist, Welcome to the BFF.

That is a question that has been asked of Bigfoot proponents many times and can only be answered with excuses and special pleading. I find it odd when proponents say that Bigfoot is infallible and without fail has avoided every trail cam since the mid 70's when they were invented. Then that same proponent will tout on about sighting reports and the PGF.

Is that a conspiracy theory opportunity you are ushering in, Norse?

See Special Pleading above.

Edited by dmaker

Who is saying they have avoided all camera traps?

Right.  Given what a very clear film - all analysis of which has come back "probable unlisted primate" and for which skeptics have not found a scrap of evidence supporting anything else - says, and how people have responded to it... why would we presume that anybody getting a cam-trap shot of anything unusual would just go public with it?

Right.  What I, and most other sensible people, would say:  who is saying they have avoided all camera traps?

Edited by DWA

Right.  Given what a very clear film - all analysis of which has come back "probable unlisted primate" and for which skeptics have not found a scrap of evidence supporting anything else - says, and how people have responded to it... why would we presume that anybody getting a cam-trap shot of anything unusual would just go public with it?

It is the very essence of fundamentalism to pretend that dissenting viewpoints either do not exist or are inherently invalid. 

Make-up artists Chris Walas and Rick baker have analyzed the film and concluded a hoax. Scientists like primatologist Dr. Bill Sellers have analyzed the film and concluded a hoax.

"why would we presume that anybody getting a cam-trap shot of anything unusual would just go public with it?"

The various scientists and program directors at the conservation groups conducting vast animal detection efforts smack in the middle of Bigfoot habitat that I have  communicated with are very clear about why they would go public with good evidence of Bigfoot...

The above does not include the fact that no one ever need to specifically look for Bigfoot to find it.

Cascades Carnivore Connectivity Project: Multiple teams, 62 camera traps, 75 corrals, four years.

Canadian Rockies Remote Camera Species Occupancy Project: 250+ cameras, three years.

Bigbfmap6.jpg

An interesting question for members of the Conservation Northwest. Have any of the researchers/members ever had sightings, encountered or even recorded anything that could be attributed as evidence of the alleged species of large bipedal primate known popularly as Sasquatch/Bigfoot? The Washington State is said to be a hotbed of activity by Bigfoot enthusiasts.

Furthermore, whether or not any such experience has happened, what do you think of the notion that were an encounter to happen or evidence be collected, it would be withheld for fear of ridicule or suppressed in some fashion?

Thank you for your wonderful efforts and all the best to all of you this Holiday Season!

Barbara Hi *****, I've been at Conservation Northwest for more than a decade and in that time we've never seen evidence of Bigfoot in our hundreds of cameras. I can't speak to if someone else would want to withhold evidence that is scientifically feasible, if there were any, but good science reveals all evidence, not just the results you expect. Thanks for the thoughts--interesting.

Hello, GP Task Force.

An interesting question for members of the GPTF. Have any of the researchers/members ever had sightings, encountered or even recorded anything that could be attributed as evidence of the alleged species of large bipedal primate known popularly as Sasquatch/Bigfoot? The Gifford Pinchot is said to be a hotbed of activity by Bigfoot enthusiasts.

Furthermore, whether or not any such experience has happened, what do you think of the notion that were an encounter to happen or evidence be collected, it would be withheld for fear of ridicule or suppressed in some fashion?

Thank you for your wonderful efforts and all the best to all of you this Holiday Season!

Hi ******,

While the Pacific Northwest has been the historical hot bed of activity with regard to alleged Bigfoot sightings, no staff, members, or volunteers have ever had an encounter with the purported creature or any signs that would indicate its actual existence since our inception in 1985.

With regard to collection of hard evidence, we would imagine that, if someone truly believed they had collected evidence of such a creature, they would provide the evidence for DNA sequencing and other substantive testing to verify it's legitimacy.

The Gifford Pinchot National Forest is a densely wooded swath of 1.3 million largely uninhabited acres full of a diverse array of natural wonders-we certainly do not mind that it's home to a world-renown legend.

All the best,

-The GP Task Force Team

• Upvote 1

Right.  What I, and most other sensible people, would say:  who is saying they have avoided all camera traps?

It took me a few reads to figure out you're talking about the PGF, the "very clear film" part kinda threw me. You should have also included "all analysis by people who wish Bigfoot was real, has come back "probable unlisted primate".

Like I said in my previous post, excuses. The ol' "I've got a clear picture of Bigfoot but skeptics are going to be mean to me, so I'm not showing anyone.", excuse. Why are people who have clear pictures of Bigfoot so sensitive and fragile?

• masterbarber locked this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic