Cascades Carnivore Project - How Do They Miss The Bigfoots?

kitakaze

Norse, given the low resolution in that game cam pic, how can you be so sure that whatever it is, is even furry?  I couldn't say that for certain.

For the record, I am not suggesting that Mr.Eichler was trying to hoax.

It looks furry to me. The consensus is that if its a man he is wearing a ghillie suit or some sort of suit.

Understood.

I think proponents are forgetting that Bigfoot would have a life. They wouldn't just spend their entire existence hiding from all of these cameras. Bigfoot would be finding water, hunting, foraging, finding shelter, looking for love, fighting, migrating, and hiding their poop, all the while avoiding every single game camera.

That has to be a major inconvenience impeding their survival and daily life. Yet none have ever messed up and got caught.

I don't know about other proponents but I base what I know about BF on that very list of activities you presented. And there you go again saying none have ever made a mistake. Again everything is thrown out and no photo evidence exists.

Yep, Nakani describes what their lives are like.  For sure.  And honestly believes that this continent is a honeycomb of surveillance no animal could avoid.

While we're on crazy beliefs I hope he finally sees the Great Pumpkin this year.

Edited by DWA

I believe trap cams are the wrong technology to capture images of BF.

I believe that the only "catches" one may expect is a daylight shot from the back, or a crossing blur at night, and maybe an occasional shot of the back at night.

I believe the results to date support my belief.

• Upvote 1

I think proponents are forgetting that Bigfoot would have a life. They wouldn't just spend their entire existence hiding from all of these cameras. Bigfoot would be finding water, hunting, foraging, finding shelter, looking for love, fighting, migrating, and hiding their poop, all the while avoiding every single game camera.

That has to be a major inconvenience impeding their survival and daily life. Yet none have ever messed up and got caught.

I don't know about other proponents but I base what I know about BF on that very list of activities you presented. And there you go again saying none have ever made a mistake. Again everything is thrown out and no photo evidence exists.

We a not talking about all alleged Bigfoot pictures, aka blobsquatches. We are talking about the Cascade carnivore project and the lack of trail cam pictures. There is nothing to throw out because there are no pictures, thus implying that no Bigfoot in the epicenter of Bigfoot territory has ever made a mistake.

Yep, Nakani describes what their lives are like.  For sure.  And honestly believes that this continent is a honeycomb of surveillance no animal could avoid.

While we're on crazy beliefs I hope he finally sees the Great Pumpkin this year.

Good grief

Nice photo of a wolf kitakaze. Northern Cascades, where they have been for years. Earlier in this thread what was being talked about was the southern Cascades. GPNF to be exact. And no there are not any wolf packs there yet. Although individuals do pass through at times.

If you compared BF behavior to some of Human behavior you would probably be closer to actually understanding what they can do rather than looking and comparing them to lesser animals. Please don't go into a technological discussion because I have seen no evidence that they use it or have it or even want it.

Technology is not proof of intelligence. It is just the form in which our intelligence is exhibited.

• Upvote 1

All that being said, coyotes can and do avoid game cams when they choose. That doesn't mean they all do. Your biggest problem is that there are no exceptions. There are always exceptions. But you've already eliminated the bigfoot exceptions. And as I said before, those cameras in no way or form saturate any given area. They are placed in the most likely areas for most animals. All numbers tell you is which animals have the highest population density or cover the largest ranges. Since you've already eliminated the possibility of bigfoot, there is certainly no way we will ever get a picture of one.

Showing pictures of that guy just tells me humans aren't as aware or stealthy as we think we are. That is all that proves. Even animals are more aware than that. If to you sasquatch is no smarter than a rabbit and a lot less than a human in the woods, then I can see there is definitely a big problem with a lack of photos.

What does the amount of time servicing cams have to do with anything? That just goes to show you can't feasibly saturate an area. They called it logistically feasible. That just means in plain English they do the best they can covering any given area.

And don't come back to me about a disinterest in wildlife. That was a cheap shot considering my degree is in Wildlife Biology!

Would that be an under grad degree?

Why because you don't like the way I think and look at things? Because I don't fit into your idea of how a PhD would look at things? Which is one big reason why no progress is ever made in regards to BF research. The only progress that will ever be made is if someone like Norse or fararcher brings in a body, or I continue in my research and shake up the scientific community enough to take an honest look at the subject.

• Upvote 2

I never imagined you had a PhD, but I guess you don't have to answer. I only asked because you brought it up.

Speaking of scientific community, how is your bone paper being received? Submitted to any journals yet? Any peer comments to share yet?

Are they quite shaken up?

Edited by dmaker

This is off topic but Meldrum had some suggestions. Because it was so much material to cover in one paper we are breaking it into pieces to publish separately. An anthropology journal will be first. Dr. Pyle is currently reviewing it, if I get his permission I might post his comments.

^^ That is probably a wise decision. 

Speaking of wise decisions, you might want to get some distance between you and (Not a Doctor) Dr.Johhny Dagger. Best leave him to teaching community college courses on how to use Facebook.  Your association with him is not doing you any favors, in my opinion.

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

Welcome to the BF whatthe. I think Bigfoot is a social construct similar to the alien abduction phenomenon, so I can'treally suggest where to look for actual Bigfoots, but Gifford Pinchot National Forest where you're going is certainly supposed to be a hot spot. Interesting thing about the GPNF, .....................

I AGREE, IT'S STRANGE THAT BIGFOOTS ARE NOT SHOWING UP ON THE TRAIL CAMERAS IN THE NATIONAL FOREST.-- THERE ARE REASONS; WE JUST NEED TO FIND THE REASONS.-- I PLAN TO READ THIS THREAD IN MORE DETAIL AND FIND IT VERY INTERESTING.-- THANKS FOR GETTING IT GOING.-- MY OPINION, IF ALLOWED AT THIS POINT, IS NOT LEAPING AHEAD TOO FAR OR GRASPING STRAWS.-- LEAPING TO AN UNPROVEN ANSWER IS NOT THE WAY TO GO................ IMHO.--  SHALL WE LET THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD WORK?  THIS MAY TAKE A FEW YEARS SO STAY PATIENT.-- SCIENCE CAN MOVE SLOWLY AS WE PROBABLY KNOW.

LET'S NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS AND START SAYING BIGFOOT DOES NOT EXIST. WE CAN SAY BF DOES NOT EXIST ON PICTURES RELEASED BY THE GOVERNMENT. WHY?

WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE REASONS? NONE OF THESE REASONS HAVE BEEN PROVEN ..................................  ONLY SPECULATION .............

1. DOES BIGFOOT AVOID CAMERAS? IF SO WHY? SO FAR LOTS OF SPECULATION.

2. IS BIGFOOT SO SPARSE IN THOSE FOREST, THAT MORE TIME IS NEEDED TO EVENTUALLY PHOTOGRAPH ONE?

3. DOES BIGFOOT NOT LIKE THE BAIT SINCE IT'S REALLY UNNATURAL BY BEING WRAPPED IN CHICKEN WIRE. BIGFOOT PROBABLY EQUATES CHICKEN WIRE TO HUMANS THAT IS PROBABLY AVOIDS. HAVE DIFFERENTY METHODS OF BAITING BEEN TRIED?

4. IS BIGFOOT NONEXISTANT? 

5. IS BIGFOOT AN ALIEN, HOLOGRAM, OR GHOST THAT CAN BECOME INVISIBLE? 

6. ARE BIGFOOT IMAGES BEING ERASED BY THE GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL THAT HAS THE POWER TO DO THIS COVERTLY?

MAYBE WE CAN CONTINUE THIS THREAD?

Good luck, but be prepared to have no better luck than the GPNF wildlife biologists. If you like, you can try calling the GF Task Force and see if they've had any Bigfoot reports.

I think it's great for people like Jon to be able to get out into some of the most beautiful country America has to offer. If you can spot a Bigfoot, excellent. Don't forget your camera and be mindful of animals we know exist and are there.

And yes, shock and horror, people on Internet forums will offer opinions even when others may not agree or care. This may be a question for another thread, but I would wonder if Mt. St. Helens and the GPNF is such Sasquatch heaven, why do all the efforts of wildlife biologists and other professionals labouring long and hard to detect and survey rare and elusive carnivores in the Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges fail to turn up an evidence at all of what would be one of the largest and certainly most important species there?

SOME FOREST SERVICE WORKERS ARE COMING FORWARD AND BLOWING THE WHISTLE ON BIGFOOT. SOME FOREST SUPERVISORS MIGHT BE ORDERING NO TALKING ABOUT BF. THE PAUL FREEMEN VIDEO IS A GOOD EXAMPLE.

AS GIGANTOR SAID, MAYBE BIGFOOT DOESN'T LIKE THE MEAT OFFERED.

Edited by georgerm

• masterbarber locked this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic