Cascades Carnivore Project - How Do They Miss The Bigfoots?

kitakaze

DWA, I wasn't a scofftic, nor really a skeptic, I just never, EVER gave these things a single thought.  I'd spent a large portion of my life in remote areas that included rainforests, jungles, tundra, the arctic, savannahs, Alpine regions, southern swamps, and deserts.  In all those places, in all those times, my only run-ins or "encounters" would be with a coyote, black bear, brown bear, king cobra, tiger - things like that.

But I was abruptly introduced to a whole new reality - and a new fear - about thirty minutes before dark.  When you have one running at you for a bout 60-yards, missing you by 20-30 feet, runs past you into a cluster of trees which was the source of some hair-raising growling - it was like cold water in the face.  

Two other team members had their own exposures, and they too, were changed.

I don't blame skeptics - they're going on what they believe.  But that's the real problem.  Their belief.  Their belief is based on their personal preference - and I think a bit of fear that their carefully positioned concepts of how things work, and what exists, would be indicative that some of their other beliefs are just wrong.  It's their certainty that's vulnerable if they even consider they're mistaken.  So they resort to unrealistic levels of evidence beyond even what "science" considers a preponderance of evidence to indicate a truth.. 

They may also believe a .30 caliber round won't fit up a .223 barrel, especially enter from the far end the front sight is on - as logic, mathematics, and physics says that's impossible.  

But they'd be wrong on that too.

Edited by FarArcher

Well, those that never gave it a thought have a similar frame of mind, in that this just isn't in their reality set.  I've never given a thought to 500-foot-long centipedes, and no, this doesn't count as a thought given.  But if I saw one, and someone who loudly denied their existence was with me, I think one could consider our worlds similarly rocked.

For what that's worth.

The evidence tells me they're real.  And my pants would look the same as any scoftic's after a close encounter with a bluff-charging bigfoot.

Frankly, a load of irrelevant BS.    The vast majority of trail cameras are set up for deer, bear, or hogs.   They're only going to catch bigfoot if they behave exactly like deer, bear, or hogs, or *by accident*.    The scientists who captured those images knew the habits of their quarry so they knew how to set up the trap to maximize their chances of success.    Show me one scientist who has that same level of knowledge of bigfoot's habits, then we'll talk. 

MIB

• Upvote 3

^^^That.  Once again the scoffer shows he doesn't really know what he's scoffing about.  It should be beyond obvious why we don't have bigfoot trail cam shots and are not likely to get them before the animal is studied, which of course needs confirmation first.

In this modern age we live in the masses are used to new discoveries handed to them on a silver platter.  It's a very small minority that can or do consider the possibility of a yet undocumented biped living amongst us.  Ignorance is bliss and until everything is laid out in front of them in a neat little package they neither care nor consider the possibilities.

I'd say it has nothing to do with trail cam pics and everything to do with stigma and lack of funding.

^^^^And many would agree with you.  I think those two things suffice to explain, very neatly, why we are where we are.

Most scientists disagree dwa we are where we are because there is no bigfoot, so says the scientists with their superior intelligence and education.  Until you can get the cam pictures you must admit the skeptic scientists are correct and you are wrong.

Nobody HAS to "admit" anything.    You're stating your belief, nothing more, and you're hiding it behind "scientists" instead of just standing up and owning it.   That's an invalid argument form.  

MIB

On 7/26/2016 at 8:21 AM, Faenor said:

Is the lack of similar Bigfoot camera captures the final nail in the coffin?  99/100 scientists say yes.

Looks like a claim to me. Link please.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:21 AM, Faenor said:

Wolverine captured by camera.  Bigfoot still too magical for camera traps.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/07/25/scientists-capture-rare-sighting-wolverine-in-sierra-nevada.html

Is the lack of similar Bigfoot camera captures the final nail in the coffin?  99/100 scientists say yes.

And as always at the frontiers of science...99 out of 100 scientists don't even know what's going on.

(There are a lot more sasquatch than there are wolverines.  Evidence says so.)

• masterbarber locked this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic