Cascades Carnivore Project - How Do They Miss The Bigfoots?

kitakaze

21 minutes ago, Twist said:

So is funding Everything - EVERYTHING or not ?  Because 8 hours ago I thought it was EVERYTHING, but 6 hours later I find out it isn't all there is.  I'm confused.

IB word salad explaining I'm not a scientist or that I have not read all the reports yet.  

The reports! Read the REPORTS!

• Upvote 1

Yes, yes, the reports.  I apologize.  I have only made it to 1987 in the reports database.  Interestingly enough there is an intriguing report I read about a family that was camping and supposedly hit a BF with their car.  A big hairy beast.  I think it was the....Henderson family I believe.   Got more reading to do but this could get interesting.

Hey! My great great grandfather was the first mayor of Index, WA. That's where they release Harry......

(My only claim to fame)

48 minutes ago, FarArcher said:

Funding is the engine of discovery.

Discovery requires funding, skill, and persistence.

No funding - no go.

^^^EXACTLY.  Funding is everything.  Nothing happens without it.

But funding isn't everything.  Sheesh!  You'd think Zen koans were Chinese or something.

Nothing happens without funding.  The right stuff doesn't happen if the funding doesn't go to the right places for the right things.

All clear now?  Good.

And ...well, if you don't want to peruse the reports, which are called, in the scibiz, EVIDENCE...not to worry about anyone ever accusing you of a scientific approach.  (Particularly if you think you can just go out to shoot one...and know where to go.)

Edited by DWA
To belabor those in need

Sheesh, you'd think when someone says, "everything - EVERYTHING". They mean, yup you guessed it, EVERYTHING !!!

Hear that sound?  Sounds like a bicycle in reverse, talk about back peddling !!! 

Someone doesn't get Zen koans.  Nothing new here.  There's also that context thing, and that English thing.

But do keep the 'discussion' going.

Which given most of the crowd I care little about.  There are a few I stay on here for.

Any sasquatch can tell you what reputation is worth.  "My reputation is I don't exist." 

I'm glad there are some you stay on here for, I would hate to think you spent all this time on the BFF as a personal mission for the Reading Rainbow.  

• 4 months later...

Well,  yeah.  You can't have an informed opinion unless you've made the effort to read to inform yourself.   Even if the state of the art is somehow wrong, you need to know what it is.   Education and understanding are never rooted in ignorance.

MIB

• Upvote 1

I think the biggest and main reason why bigfoot avoids trail cams is: there just isn't that many bigfoot roaming around to be filmed like a lot of people seem to think.... In this case, not only is there not enough bigfoot, there isn't enough cameras out to cover all the area that needs to be covered. I know, I know, pretty much every group and every one with a trailcam has some reason why bigfoot avoids them and since "their" spot can't film one, then they simply have some magical way of avoiding the cams (I do agree with them seeing the infrared and smelling them in select cases simply cause other animals do).. And even though reality stings, and I went through this myself, we just don't have the amount of cameras needed and that is all it boils down too. My opinion only, and I'm not stating this as fact.

That is a very informed and knowledgeable article. They make some good points and discuss the pros and cons of each of the points. It is also a knowledgeable discussion about PIR which many people don't understand. From personal experience I would say that numbers 6 and 7 on their list are most likely. But I don't think bigfoot is concerned with the "eye" as much as the whole camera being noticeably human. Also it's doubtful they are there watching us every moment. I have my reasons for these observations that I can share as I have the time.

• masterbarber locked this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic