kitakaze

Cascades Carnivore Project - How Do They Miss The Bigfoots?

1,281 posts in this topic

I also agree with Triton that there just aren't enough cameras out there to cover bigfoot territory. Even the very best cams don't cover much area. 

Cams may be a part of an effort, but odds are overwhelming that they won't get us where we want to go.  We underrate how camera placements work for so many other species because we accept their existence and thus know where to find them.

I'd agree DWA, when we start getting a grasp on where/what they are cams may become a useful tool.  

On 1/13/2017 at 0:28 AM, BigTreeWalker said:

I also agree with Triton that there just aren't enough cameras out there to cover bigfoot territory. Even the very best cams don't cover much area. 

And more importantly there is no obligation for private citizens to share their footage with anyone! We have anomalies on camera traps already. And we know about them because owners came forward.

How many government cameras are out there? In which they are obligated to share their findings with the public. Assuming they don't sweep it under the rug as a hoax? A lot less than private ones......

Agencies monitor animal movement. Especially where roads and highways are concerned. There have been studies about animals and herds get from one side of a highway to the other. Over-road crossings can be disastrous as we all know and when roads go down they bisect long used animal pathways so sometimes there are allowances for that via large culverts for animals to use- and they do use them according to what those agencies get on their cameras. In your area for instance Norseman the crossover of I-90 is a big topic. Culvert sizes are being increased as well as large naturally planted overpasses. Pretty serious money spent there.

This is one of the best topics I've ever read on the bigfoot subject.  Crazy the hoops some guys will jump through, and the amount of speculation and attributes that are assigned to a creature that even if it's real, we'd know almost nothing about.