Sasquatch Ontario Kaput!

Guest SoFla

Yes, it did say that, briefly. The videos were all accessible then, though. And now, under "Home", the channel lists six of the many videos that are uploaded there, and the remainder all seem to be available when you click "videos". (There are 54 available. Can't remember whether that was the original number or not.)

There is also the issue of jealousy........  Hoaxing does not make any sense when I can easily get my butt to the woods and have an encounter.  It could be a photo, a sound, an interaction, etc.  Too bad there are some that would rather sling mud than do some work.

:girlmad:

That's not a fair assessment.  The only reason Mike has drawn criticism is because he has presented as real some evidence that cannot be what he says it is.  I know you dispute that the vocals could be fake (My recreations took 5 minutes: listen here).

But these?  Do those look like legitimate handprints?  In the video that these are from (here) he says that you can see the nails. Indeed the tips of the fingers look like nails.  Except nails don't look like that in a handprint.  Anyone with longish nails?  Steam up the mirror in your bathroom and press your hand into it.  If the nails show up, which you'd have to curl your fingers to do, they make scratch lines, not nail shapes.

I think it's obvious when looking at these that each "finger" is drawn with 2 (human) fingers.

To be clear - I am totally open to the possibility of habituation, and I do lean towards believing that sasquatch is real.  But there is some really fishy evidence coming from SO.  The handprints, tic tac toe and the drawing really stretch credibility for me.  When did sasquatch learn how to use a pen and paper? It's not an automatic skill, even for humans.  And simple symbolic representations, such as the flower, that alone is a very complex, abstract line of thinking that even humans did not have until recently.

I am not slinging mud, I'm pointing out that there are some problems with some of this evidence.  Also, jealousy has nothing to do with it.  The only thing this is about is critical thinking.

post-24790-0-77819200-1432961140.png

post-24790-0-74901700-1432961151.png

Edited by lastlaugh

Guest SoFla

If nothing else comes from all of this fallout between Mike and the cabin owner's son is if anything IS being hoaxed this will be the most opportune time that we have had to find out 

That's not a fair assessment.  The only reason Mike has drawn criticism is because he has presented as real some evidence that cannot be what he says it is.  I know you dispute that the vocals could be fake (My recreations took 5 minutes: listen here).

But these?  Do those look like legitimate handprints?  In the video that these are from (here) he says that you can see the nails. Indeed the tips of the fingers look like nails.  Except nails don't look like that in a handprint.  Anyone with longish nails?  Steam up the mirror in your bathroom and press your hand into it.  If the nails show up, which you'd have to curl your fingers to do, they make scratch lines, not nail shapes.

I think it's obvious when looking at these that each "finger" is drawn with 2 (human) fingers.

To be clear - I am totally open to the possibility of habituation, and I do lean towards believing that sasquatch is real.  But there is some really fishy evidence coming from SO.  The handprints, tic tac toe and the drawing really stretch credibility for me.  When did sasquatch learn how to use a pen and paper? It's not an automatic skill, even for humans.  And simple symbolic representations, such as the flower, that alone is a very complex, abstract line of thinking that even humans did not have until recently.

I am not slinging mud, I'm pointing out that there are some problems with some of this evidence.  Also, jealousy has nothing to do with it.  The only thing this is about is critical thinking.

Excellent Post and Point.

It really is ridiculous to see some of the responses that people make when someone points out obvious problems with evidence. If you point out something that should be obvious, like the hand print, and give your reasons as to why you feel it is not a BF hand print, you immediately get accused of being closed minded, a meany head, and disbeliever, a skoftic, trolling, etc....I have even seen people banned from groups when someone posted something asking for  feedback. They ask for opinions, yet when a single opinion is posted that is not suggesting that the evidence is the product of a BF - BAM! That person is attacked for using critical thinking skills when offering their opinion. Why ask for opinions if you only want praise and compliments. Makes no sense to me.

• Upvote 2

There is also the issue of jealousy........  Hoaxing does not make any sense when I can easily get my butt to the woods and have an encounter.  It could be a photo, a sound, an interaction, etc.  Too bad there are some that would rather sling mud than do some work.

:girlmad:

Yeah this isn't equivalent to a "might be a suit" situation it's a "there's the zipper puller, there's the individual stitches showing, there's the link to where you can buy it on Amazon" type of problems with evidence. This field attracts liars. We have to call them when we see them.

Sounds like a puny human trying to imitate the voice of a sasquatch and will never measure up to the real thing.  Good try though.........

Sounds like a puny human trying to imitate the voice of a sasquatch and will never measure up to the real thing. Good try though.........

Sunflower,

Why don't (or won't) you address any of the other questionable evidence Mike has put forth (the aforementioned hand print being but one example)? You're like a broken record on the voice, while ignoring some other pretty sketchy "evidence".

For the sake of discussion, do you have an idea or opinion why, to keep with a single example, the referenced hand print appears to be an obvious fabrication?

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 1

Sunflower,

Why don't (or won't) you address any of the other questionable evidence Mike has put forth (the aforementioned hand print being but one example)? You're like a broken record on the voice, while ignoring some other pretty sketchy "evidence".

For the sake of discussion, do you have an idea or opinion why, to keep with a single example, the referenced hand print appears to be an obvious fabrication?

Yes, I included the audio for fun, just to show that a hoax is not out of the question with the vocals. 

Even if you dispute that, how can you ignore this?

Look, you can see where the space between the two (human) fingers missed a spot (red arrow).  How is that possible on a handprint?

Also, look at the base of the finger.  It clearly splits in two (yellow arrow).  How is that possible with a real handprint?

post-24790-0-24352500-1433021122.png

This hand print looks like a kids finger painting on the middle and ring finger. There are gaps in the fingers lengthwise and no joints where they should be.

post-24465-0-41069900-1433082578_thumb.p

The hairy people are very, very smart. They are every bit as smart as we are, and perhaps smarter. One sign of intelligence is a sense of humor, and they certainly have that. They joke and play tricks. A famous article from the Oregonian, dated July 16, 1924, says, “Oregon Indians at times have been greatly humiliated by the Seeahtiks’ [bigfoot’s] vulgar sense of humor….The Seeahtiks play practical jokes upon them….â€

The very obviously hand-drawn hand “print†on Sasquatch Ontario’s car was drawn by the BF as a joke. S.O. wanted a print, so they gave him one.

In one of Sasquatch Ontario’s most recent videos, he videotapes a huge footprint on the slanted windshield of his car.

What “hoaxer†would put a footprint on the windshield of a car? If you wanted your fake footprint to look as real as possible, you would put it on the ground, where feet usually are.

Again, the footprint on the car windshield was a BF joke played on Sasquatch Ontario.

In addition, in the audio of the footprint on the windshield, you can hear someone whispering, “Cast it.â€

Another joke. You cannot cast a snowy footprint on the windshield of the car. The BF know this. It was said (by them) in jest.

These jokes have all been at Sasquatch Ontario’s expense. Why would Sasquatch Ontario deliberately mock himSELF to help him sell hoaxed material as authentic? He wouldn’t. No charlatan publicizes his skills as a charlatan to make the public think he’s honest.

In my opinion, all these prints and sounds are exactly what SO says they are. They were made by the BF, and not by him.    

• Upvote 2

Personally, handprints and footprints have never begun to get me extremely excited except for the ones that have a five to six foot distance between them. Those prints I pay attention to only because the legitimate ones have nothing in the mud or snow that points to hoaxing either from above or beside them.  The other ones I pay attention to are when a person sees a hairy person standing next to their home, for instance, and then the next morning they might see prints.  The others?  It's an anomaly...

The one above almost looks as if someone was drawing a handprint to make it look like a handprint.  It might have been a child, except no evidence of children being there at the cottage when this was reported has ever been mentioned.

The hairy people sometimes will play a joke and that is possible. But I agree because that is one strange print.  They have drawn things on frosted cold windows at a friend's house.  That could be a calling card, an invitation, etc.  

It is really strange when you find things that make you scratch your head and the decision to mention it or not takes precedence over what is the "real evidence"  and so I think there are lots of things that go unreported in this case.  People are not going to jeopardize their livelihoods by admitting such things are happening. 

Edited to add:  I had no idea that LeafTalker was posting the post above mine lol...................Oi Vay..........

LT,

I plussed your post.  That was weird............

Edited by Sunflower
  • Upvote 1