A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

Guest Crowlogic

Crow, you can call anyone anything you want and we won't care.  But here, have a napkin, you're frothin' dude!  This "no proof today so no proof ever" kick.  You know that's an ignance marker, right?  You really need to stop that.  Dude.  Come on, it's beneath you, isn't it?  Join the fun.  We KNOW what is going on, and are engaged fully in the natural sciences' most exciting endeavor.  Dark matter?    Earth-like planets?  Dude!  We make those look SO last year.  Yer jellyin' ain't ya.  All you need to do is get with the rational set and all it takes is the native ability to read and comprehend that...OK, maybe a leetle weetad work there...

Might I remind you that you were referring to flatearthers.  But I suppose when you do cast dispersion's it's OK.  I trust the moderators will remind you as well not to cast dispersion's.  Nobody is frothing, I tend to think you are transferring your own indigence onto those who don't agree with you.  It's not uncommon you know.  So I'll ask you again for all of your enlightened knowledge that the thick skull skeptics can't appreciate did you deliver anything to science today in the form of bifgoot or on behalf of bigfootism?  We already know you were casting dispersion's.

God speed Gumshoeye sorry for your loss!

Gumshoe and Squatchy, I too am sorry for the loss you have both experienced. I just lost my Mother this past May,

so I know how you both feel. If you have been around as long as I have I'm sure that you now realize that time doesn't

necessarily heal all wounds, but it does temper the pain. Hang in there my friends, and I hope this causes no offense

but I will keep you in my prayers.

• Upvote 1

Might I remind you that you were referring to flatearthers.  But I suppose when you do cast dispersion's it's OK.  I trust the moderators will remind you as well not to cast dispersion's.  Nobody is frothing, I tend to think you are transferring your own indigence onto those who don't agree with you.  It's not uncommon you know.  So I'll ask you again for all of your enlightened knowledge that the thick skull skeptics can't appreciate did you deliver anything to science today in the form of bifgoot or on behalf of bigfootism?  We already know you were casting dispersion's.

It's a difficult situation to give science something they won't touch, it just sort of falls on the floor.

• Upvote 1

But I suppose when you do cast dispersion's it's OK.  I trust the moderators will remind you as well not to cast dispersion's. 

I think you mean aspersions. And how is what DWA wrote any more of an aspersion than a scoftic mocking grown men for believing in bigfoot?

Edit. Condolences to those who lost loved ones by the way.

Edited by Neanderfoot

There is nothing more annoying to me than a bigfoot skeptic feeling picked upon.  Were they ever to think about this, they'd realize that meanness is at the very heart of their stance.  I'm merciless with them and that is why.

And um, yup, um, "aspersions."  Dictionary.

[rimshot]

There is waaay too much material to mine in threads like this (although I'd agree this one is probably past sell-by date).  Our main audience of interest - the kids who will write their doctoral dissertations on this - need to know how to think about this subject.  We get abundant opportunities to show them here, never mind how to deal (politely now) with people whose minds are mired in folklore and superstition and cannot be bothered with facts.

BFF Patron

Trying to catch up on this thread.   Funny but BF hardly seems pertinent to me today when I am trying to figure out what growled in my back yard last night so long and loud that it woke me up.    Whatever it was, it was not something I would like to meet in the dark.       I have large growling things in my yard,  there are African looking lions with cubs in Milwaukie Wisconsin,  and the Russians just unearthed a skeleton with an elongated alien looking skull.    Can't we at least agree that sometimes this earth is a strange place?  

• Upvote 3

There is nothing more annoying to me than a bigfoot skeptic feeling picked upon. 

It's ironic isn't it? They seek out bigfoot forums in order to pour scorn on the subject then don't like it when it doesn't go their way. It'd be like me going to a swimming pool and moaning when I get my feet wet.

^^PLUS - So many posts by that person Crow and so little actual information conveyed. It is the reason I generally have that person on ignore.

It's a difficult situation to give science something they won't touch, it just sort of falls on the floor.

I believe that science initially looked at the claims, as science generally does (cold fusion), found them lacking in substance and moved on to more promising claims. Of course there are a few scientists still hoping to make the discovery and if something is ever brought forward that doesn't turn out to be fraud I am confident that scientists will flock to the search. Claims that science or "big timber" or the gubbermint is hiding evidence of three to four different breeding species of sasquatch type animals which range all over north america to be completely ridiculous.

It's ironic isn't it? They seek out bigfoot forums in order to pour scorn on the subject then don't like it when it doesn't go their way. It'd be like me going to a swimming pool and moaning when I get my feet wet.

Scorn? Please show me where I've done that. Critical thinking regarding this topis is NEEDED. If you doubt me listen to the SasChron podcast where the woman INSISTS that she saw a sasquatch FLY and then listen to the most recent episode of the same podcast where the woman is complimented for said report of flying sasquatch.

I say again, there is a paucity of critical thinking about these stories.

Notice:  Off topic briefly to say thanks to all … we all go through crap like this it’s life … I ‘ve been down that road before and learned the best way to climb out of that deep dark funk is staying occupied, keeping oneself surrounded by family and friends and keeping your mind and body active and making each day count. We grieve and do it silently. We pick ourselves up and carry on. Thanks again and back to the topic subject.  

Guest Crowlogic

There is nothing more annoying to me than a bigfoot skeptic feeling picked upon.  Were they ever to think about this, they'd realize that meanness is at the very heart of their stance.  I'm merciless with them and that is why.

And um, yup, um, "aspersions."  Dictionary.

Wrong, when the opposition is under attack it usually means that the resident modality is feeling threatened.  Now you still haven't answered my question so I'll ask it again.  Have you delivered anything to science today that will further science accepting bigfoot as a reality?  Have you delivered anything to anyone that will further it's standing in reality?  Or if you don't understand the questions I'll put it in simpler terms.  Have you delivered the goods yet?  

BTW my dictionary slip is nowhere near the slip of intellect and reason as the slide into bigfootism so I can live with it.

^^PLUS - So many posts by that person Crow and so little actual information conveyed. It is the reason I generally have that person on ignore.

I believe that science initially looked at the claims, as science generally does (cold fusion), found them lacking in substance and moved on to more promising claims. Of course there are a few scientists still hoping to make the discovery and if something is ever brought forward that doesn't turn out to be fraud I am confident that scientists will flock to the search. Claims that science or "big timber" or the gubbermint is hiding evidence of three to four different breeding species of sasquatch type animals which range all over north america to be completely ridiculous.

Scorn? Please show me where I've done that. Critical thinking regarding this topis is NEEDED. If you doubt me listen to the SasChron podcast where the woman INSISTS that she saw a sasquatch FLY and then listen to the most recent episode of the same podcast where the woman is complimented for said report of flying sasquatch.

I say again, there is a paucity of critical thinking about these stories.

A post was made about scoffing at grown men who believe in bigfoot.  Well you summed up in a tidy manner why the scoffing may not be so misplaced.  Yes indeed how bout that all over North America and in four flavors no less.  Science will also avoid witch hunts, ghosts and goblins.  

Edited by Crowlogic

Actually, they dismiss claims, and ask for evidence. when the evidence is provided, they may find it doesn't match a claim, but when there is no claim it is convenient to ignore the evidence or make up a claim to refute. Much of the evidence for bigfoot is found to be human or most like a human in origin, and this is an easy out when dealing with a claim that it's from a non-human primate. What do you do with the claim BF is a hominin? Have you thought about all the ramifications an extant hominin that isn't homo sapiens sapiens would present to our society? I think a lot of scientists will shy away from the stigma surrounding bigfoot and stick to the paradigm that insists we are the only extant hominin.

Guest Crowlogic

Actually, they dismiss claims, and ask for evidence. when the evidence is provided, they may find it doesn't match a claim, but when there is no claim it is convenient to ignore the evidence or make up a claim to refute. Much of the evidence for bigfoot is found to be human or most like a human in origin, and this is an easy out when dealing with a claim that it's from a non-human primate. What do you do with the claim BF is a hominin? Have you thought about all the ramifications an extant hominin that isn't homo sapiens sapiens would present to our society? I think a lot of scientists will shy away from the stigma surrounding bigfoot and stick to the paradigm that insists we are the only extant hominin.

Do you really think people would care of bigfoot was an alternate relative of humans?  Just look at the people who flock to bigfoot tourism stops and kids that smile and love bigfoot.  People wouldn't go jumping from windows of the 20th floor if it was true.  You ask what do we do?  We do nothing, people will spend 15 minutes on the discovery then go back to work or school or shopping.  

Far more of a thorn in the side of logic, reason and sense is the following the issue commands and perpetually delivers nothing.