How Much $$$ Has Been Invested In Bigfoot Research?

Martin

SSR Team

Peanuts.

Hersom has invested quite a bit though I'd guess now, not enough though clearly and arguably, not in the right way.

Guest Crowlogic

OMG $5,000,000 to find something that exists in a civilized country where the purported beast is.....well everywhere?  Let me get this straight $5,000,000 bloody fricking dollars?  And no fricken monkey to show for it?  I didn't know that.  Sooooo all you nobody invests the money types I suspect deserve to be sucking a bit of wind right now.  Fools errand there is no bigfoot.  Do you know what $5,000,000 bought in 1993.  It's laughable.

^ Yeap $5,000,000 in 1993 

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/interviews/franzoni.htm

Does anyone have a tally on the Turkey...ahem, I mean, Falcon Project?

I have heard $250,000 for the drones and a total of around $400,000 for Meldrum in total.

Est. $250,000 to the BFRO from Wally

Unconfirmed est. of same for NAWAC 

10's of millions have been spent on bigfoot research..... not even one high res. picture.

Edited by Martin

Guest Crowlogic

Whaaaaa boo hoo hoo you see we can't find bigfoot because we can't get funding and have to do it in spare time between beers and working.  Boo hoo we be poor bigfoot researchers, nobody will help us  out.  Big money and big science look the other way.  Well at least one person got some bread and Bryne was no bigfoot novice either. Haha Rick Dyer was still in grade school, Todd Standing too so you can't blame those nasty hucksters.  All you can do is realize that $10,000,000 or $20,000,000 given to the cream of today's crop would end the same way.  The only way bigfoot can happen is via genetic engineering....Hmmmmm maybe $20.000.000 actually could get the beast into the flesh.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I have no clue to be honest. In my opinion the amount of money is not as important as how the money is utilized. You could throw all the money in the world at a problem, but if it is approached from the wrong direction it will never be solved. You could give a team millions of dollars to run around in the woods with cameras, but the only way they will gather any evidence will be if they come face to face with a bigfoot. And even then they will only get video evidence, which is not really going to do anything towards proving the species. So the money has to be directed in a useful manner.

The Olympic Project was the beneficiary of a financial grant of some sort or another I believe.

Does anyone know how much?

Guest SDBigfooter

I'm just curious, what's the point of your topic?  Is it to mock people's beliefs or are you genuinely curious how much money has been spent?

1) Obviously I'm curious.

I really have no idea. But I suspect it has been in the 10s of millions.

2) People always claimed that there has been no real investment in research. I want to know the truth.

^ Yeap $5,000,000 in 1993 

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/interviews/franzoni.htm

I have heard $250,000 for the drones and a total of around $400,000 for Meldrum in total.

Est. $250,000 to the BFRO from Wally

Unconfirmed est. of same for NAWAC 

10's of millions have been spent on bigfoot research..... not even one high res. picture.

The NAWAC has never received a dime from Wally - where in the world did you even get that? There isn't even a rumor of Wally being involved with us.  If Wally had given us $250,000 - we'd already be done with the deed. But as it sits, we scrape by with member dues and an occasional donation of very little.

The Falcon project never got any money hence why it folded. Where in the world did you get a figure of $400,000 for Meldrum?

Wally gave equipment to the BFRO - the cash went solely to Matt Moneymaker (and there is no way to know that total, so don't even bother).  I know Wally bought the film rights to the "Squeeky" film, funded Melba's failed work, and supported Matt Moneymaker and the Olympic Project.

Adrian Erickson spent money on the Pancake video/property (again associated with Matt Moneymaker).

There is very little "money" going to serious researchers and groups.  Most, if not all, goes to very few individuals. 

To me, this thread is pointless.  There is simply no way to know the who's and/or the amounts -  it will all be unfounded rumors.  If people want to list amounts and who the donator was and to whom it went, it needs to be properly cited to source.

• Upvote 2

While Bigfoot Encounters is a valuable repository of articles, relying on that particular article as "proof" that Byrne got paid $ 5,000,000 is sorely misplaced.  The person making that statement is neither the benefactor nor the beneficiary of the supposed grant and offers no factual grounds to suggest that his comment is in anyway founded.  

I'm just curious, what's the point of your topic?  Is it to mock people's beliefs or are you genuinely curious how much money has been spent?

There is some modest value in putting together pieces of the puzzle, both to shine a light on the individual pieces and to get a bigger, better picture of what's going on overall in the field.  Not that the OP or subsequent posts are coming anywhere near to doing that.

If you had reliable numbers, you could compare Group A, who brags about receiving $xx,xxx from a wealthy benefactor in cash and equipment donations but who doesn't produce anything but a high-flying lifestyle for their sole proprietor, and Group B, who self-funds and manages to identify and cast trackways and generate statistical analysis of claimed encounters.  Then you have more information and can decide in which group to invest your time, money, or beliefs in.