How Much $$$ Has Been Invested In Bigfoot Research?

Martin

On 7/13/2015 at 2:22 AM, BobbyO said:

Peanuts.

Hersom has invested quite a bit though I'd guess now, not enough though clearly and arguably, not in the right way.

BobbyO, can you elaborate just a bit on "not enough" and "not in the right way?"  I don't have any idea what he's done or didn't do, could or couldn't do.

5 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I know him and his wife and they have grandious plans beyond the voyage.    They also want to establish a BF museum that they expect to cost in the tens of millions of other people's money and chair the board of directors of that foundation.    There is more than one way to fund your retirement and using other people's money seems best to them.    

If the P/G film did not prove BF I wonder how they think FLIR or drone video will?   

Don't understand how some people think about this subject. Sounds nearly like a long con to me. They'll need some evidential corroboration for such a plan, I suppose.

Admin

I think the amount of money invested in BF research is very small compared to other wildlife related efforts.

A prime example is the ivory-billed woodpecker.

Taxpayers have spent at least $5 Million from the Department of the Interior plus $5.2 Million from the Department of Agriculture.

That's $10.2 Million in public funding. Source:  https://www.fws.gov/southeast/news/2005/IvoryBilledWoodpecker-FS.pdf

Plus all the non-profit orgs - the Audibon Society, etc, etc.

Plus all of the research done by universities, graduate students and volunteers.

Tens of Millions and zero results. Not even blob-pecker pics, BF enthusiasts have much more to show for their unfunded efforts. Not to mention that a pecker is much easier to find and track than a BF (if it exists). Also, the pecker is known to exist, it's a dumb bird with known, predictable patterns and habits, yet no evidence that it is extant has been produced in ten years. This failure of academia and government entities is prima-facie evidence of the difficulty of documenting a rare, elusive species.

----

BF research has had ZERO research grants. All of the investment has been by private entities with their own agendas, unscientific in most cases, not necessarily focused on the discovery of the species and pales by comparison.

SSR Team
11 hours ago, FarArcher said:

BobbyO, can you elaborate just a bit on "not enough" and "not in the right way?"  I don't have any idea what he's done or didn't do, could or couldn't do.

Well the "not enough" is because he hasn't reached his set objective and the "not in the right way" is because I personally don't believe he's distributed his $$ in the right way all of the time and arguably to the right people all of the time.

Quite possibly the second one is the reason for the first.

But it's his money and completely his choice what he does with it, I wish him all the best of course.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, gigantor said:

BF research has had ZERO research grants.

Out of $65 Billion in University research expenditures per year.

10 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Well the "not enough" is because he hasn't reached his set objective and the "not in the right way" is because I personally don't believe he's distributed his $$ in the right way all of the time and arguably to the right people all of the time.

Quite possibly the second one is the reason for the first.

But it's his money and completely his choice what he does with it, I wish him all the best of course.

I understand - I think.

Have you ever heard or know what his set objective is or was?

SSR Team
18 hours ago, FarArcher said:

I understand - I think.

Have you ever heard or know what his set objective is or was?

I have no idea but i can only assume it was species acceptance, otherwise it's a very expensive hobby for nothing.