How Much $$$ Has Been Invested In Bigfoot Research?

Martin

I suppose that most skeptics would answer "too much" but I do not see it that way.  Consider; there is either a sizable population of unclassified primate lurking

on the fringe of our civilization or there is a heretofore unrecognized penchant in our species to hallucinate encounters and produce thousands of photographs,

films, trackways and vocalization recordings.  I think that it is obvious that no one is getting rich off of these activities.  Therefore I think that it is probably worth

a financial outlay by those interested to try to figure out what the physical or psychological factors are behind this phenomenon.

I do it because I enjoy the outdoors, and the mystery

It is a bonus that I have found a group of people that I like

It is funny but in our group of 4 we have 2 skeptics and 2 believers and yet we never argue about the subject

Guest Crowlogic

Well, just based on the money I see spent by the little group I belong to

I would say millions over the years

We don't spend a lot except in time, gas and such but we are only a group of 4

Yet we probably spend a couple hundred dollars a month

If we are near the average, then combined the total would be huge

I know a member of the BFRO that was sporting $10,000 thermal camera

A not her researcher I know has spent thousands of dollars on equipment alone

Also let's incorporate all of the  laypeople who see and report bigfoot who are adding to the overall time and data.  Yes Virginia it takes time and effort out of a person's life to report bigfoot and even more if interviewed about it.  The scope is huge so why no monkey?

BFF Patron

I do it because I enjoy the outdoors, and the mystery

It is a bonus that I have found a group of people that I like

It is funny but in our group of 4 we have 2 skeptics and 2 believers and yet we never argue about the subject

Your skeptics are open to experiences that will change their mind and I can appreciate that since I was once the same.  That is why you don't have arguments.     What we deal with on this forum are denialists and they are here to argue not be educated.   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

<Your skeptics are open to experiences that will change their mind and I can appreciate that since I was once the same.>

That's because, like myself, they are true skeptics, not scofftics/denialists. There is a difference, and a big one.

• Upvote 1

Also let's incorporate all of the  laypeople who see and report bigfoot who are adding to the overall time and data.  Yes Virginia it takes time and effort out of a person's life to report bigfoot and even more if interviewed about it.  The scope is huge so why no monkey?

Not sure what point you are trying to make with this

If you are asking me why no monkey

The answer is I don't believe that they exist

If you were asking it somehow put a different spin on my post, well I missed it

Show me how much money has been devoted to the kind of boots-on-ground research NAWAC is doing...and Patterson and Gimlin did.  Other than their personal funds and time off.

Virtually zero; and none of the other money matters one way or another, any more than if you gave me a million bucks to study Pluto and I spent it on Mallomars.

I actually agree with you. The scenario in which you have eloquently explained is quite true in many forms of research and chairities etc.. The funds seldom make it to the field of cause and allign the pockets of the fascilitators in the pretense of expenses. The money would be well spent as you described with boots on the ground.Even in the pursuit of mythical creatures.

The NAWAC has never received a dime from Wally - where in the world did you even get that? There isn't even a rumor of Wally being involved with us.  If Wally had given us $250,000 - we'd already be done with the deed. But as it sits, we scrape by with member dues and an occasional donation of very little.

The Falcon project never got any money hence why it folded. Where in the world did you get a figure of $400,000 for Meldrum?

Wally gave equipment to the BFRO - the cash went solely to Matt Moneymaker (and there is no way to know that total, so don't even bother).  I know Wally bought the film rights to the "Squeeky" film, funded Melba's failed work, and supported Matt Moneymaker and the Olympic Project.

Adrian Erickson spent money on the Pancake video/property (again associated with Matt Moneymaker).

There is very little "money" going to serious researchers and groups.  Most, if not all, goes to very few individuals. 

To me, this thread is pointless.  There is simply no way to know the who's and/or the amounts -  it will all be unfounded rumors.  If people want to list amounts and who the donator was and to whom it went, it needs to be properly cited to source.

Kudos and well done! SD Bigfooter asked it and Hairyman recognized it for what it is, a pointless session of mockery and sarcasm unrelated to the thread title with an inadequate opening point. Enough with the giggle fest and show me the money (cites) as they so often demand but amazingly omitted.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Bigfooter asked it and Hairyman recognized it for what it is, a pointless session of mockery and sarcasm

That's the way many threads end up thanks to the DIBS (Dedicated Internet Bigfoot Dismissers).

Yes they are a phenomenon of their own. The dedicated internet bigfoot skeptic/scoftic/dismissers.

Edited by Neanderfoot

BFF Patron

I wish I could have met Krantz. He is curmudgeonly enough that I would have liked him.

So the answer to this thread is:  No field money for almost no time, which would give anyone thinking about this no reason for us to be anywhere but where we are.

And done.

Edited by DWA

We're done.  Unless you got the breakout.

(One project.  Yee zort.)

We're done whether you got the breakout or not.  Evidence overwhelming:

1.  Animal's real.

2.  No one's looking.

You can say what you want.  I can go on a NASA site and argue the moon's green cheese too.