The Birth Of Bigfoot ?

Martin

NAWAC has one mission, kill one. I doubt they believe systematic tracking will bring opportunity for a shot. They believe the apes find them, so they sit and wait for the next shot.

Actually, no...we don't sit around and wait for them to come to us.  We have folks who are expert trackers in the group, but we would love for Halfpenny to come on down!

Actually, no...we don't sit around and wait for them to come to us.  

Yeah. Waiting for Bigfoot to come to you is, like, soooooooo 2008...

We have folks who are expert trackers in the group, but we would love for Halfpenny to come on down!

That's great!

So, when do you plan to formally invite Dr. Halfpenny to track your Bigfoots? Do you have to put it to the NAWAC Board of Directors first or something?

Edited by Night Walker

Actually, no...we don't sit around and wait for them to come to us.  We have folks who are expert trackers in the group, but we would love for Halfpenny to come on down!

It's not a bad strategy since many researchers have had success with it, and well, if the overwatch setup is to work, you'll be hoping for them to find the cabins once again.

That's great!

So, when do you plan to formally invite Dr. Halfpenny to track your Bigfoots? Do you have to put it to the NAWAC Board of Directors first or something?

I can certainly pass it on.

Dr. Halfpenny 10 May, 2014): "Well, I offered for a decade and a half to go at my cost at the drop of a hat to anywhere that Grover would provide me access to tracks that were fresh. You know I hear so often, “Well, there were twenty-seven tracks and then we lost him.†I ain’t gonna lose him and I’m gonna tell you where it came from but nobody’s ever taken me to a field site. Jeff has tried but it just hasn’t come together for us"

Source:

When asked, I'm sure many researchers and groups have expressed an interest in getting Dr. Halfpenny involved at their sites over the years (even Todd Standing was gushing in apparent excitement at the prospect during the above interview) yet it simply hasn't happened. Feigning interest is not the problem...

Please follow this up and keep us informed on the forum, HM. Something as basic as this (ie as acquiring the knowledge of an independent and highly skilled tracker in the quest for Bigfoot) demonstrates the difference between research (systematic investigation) and "research" (wink, wink).

I also don't wish to single out NAWAC - it applies to all groups who claim to be researching Bigfoot activity and/or habituation in their area (are there any that don't?) Any one else willing to step up?

I doubt there are many researchers that wouldn't want a tracker like Mr. Halfpenny if and when they find a fresh trackway,  It would start with having his number on speed dial, and end with many logistics coming together. The flip side of never being called to track one, is being called out on too many goose chases. Researchers might have to spend precious time convincing him to come while the tracks fade away.

That is a good point but if you believe your particular research area is experiencing frequent potential activity like wood knocking, vocalizations, rock throwing, sightings, and various territorial markers (and, again, which groups don't?) then Halfpenny would be able to assess whether these are potentially relevant as signs even in the absence of fresh tracks (which, potentially, he may be able to discover - who knows?). Who doesn't want to be the one who finally gets the proof, right? Even if it doesn't, wouldn't you want to know if there was a better conclusion to a particular site than "Bigfoot"?

Win-WIn.

Edited by Night Walker

Better yet? No matter your skill level? Spend the money and go take one of his tracking courses.

If he is confident that you the student are not misidentifying something and you have built repoire with the guy? He is gonna be alot more likely to respond to your call for help.

• 2 months later...

That's great!

When asked, I'm sure many researchers and groups have expressed an interest in getting Dr. Halfpenny involved at their sites over the years (even Todd Standing was gushing in apparent excitement at the prospect during the above interview) yet it simply hasn't happened. Feigning interest is not the problem...

Please follow this up and keep us informed on the forum, HM. Something as basic as this (ie as acquiring the knowledge of an independent and highly skilled tracker in the quest for Bigfoot) demonstrates the difference between research (systematic investigation) and "research" (wink, wink).

Hairy Man - Did you pass it on? How did it go? Any news?