Questions About The Smeja Shooting.

Branco

Branco, I think everyone's memory is a bit fuzzy at this point.

Best I can answer your question is, the guy who was with Smeja was just one of his buddies, he wasn't there as a guide for Smeja, although he might have been a licensed hunting guide. I have never heard that he was. I believe there is an interview with him on youtube, I'll see if I can find it.

Ah, here is it. Not sure if it will answer anything though.

Branco, many of us here feel the same way... Thanks for persevering in spite of all the less-than-admirable behavior here, and no worries if you ever change your mind about persevering... There are limits... Just know that your perspective is admired and valued by many, many people, and good luck with your current investigation!!!!

LT 

Rockape: Thank you very much for that link! (I have spent many hours watching, reading and listening to discussions about Justin's story, but I missed this one.) He cleared up a few things that I was unsure about. Frankly I find no reason to believe Justin is being dishonest in what he said about this incident or the events that later transpired. (I did make a gross error in judgement a few years, but it was not BF related.) 

LeafTalker: Thank you my friend; I appreciate your comments.

I don't mean to get a little off offtrack from the original purpose of this thread, but dog-gone-it, I'v got to ask a question or three of all you folks who know that BF exists and who have "messed with'em" enough to understand how they react to situations involving their family members. (Anyone else who has, with and open minds, closely studied the field reports of others are also welcome to join in.)

(1) Do you think the adult that Justin wounded - and which ran out of his sight - was a male or female?

(2) If you believe that it was a female, what do you believe her mate - and likely the father of the two juveniles- would do when he arrived at the scene of the shooting and found one juvenile dead? (The remaining juvenile would likely have known exactly where the other's body was buried.)

(3) What do you think would happen if the male found the body of his dead or dying mate being scavenged by a bear? 

If you are uncomfortable posting your opinions; just give the questions some deep though.

Guest Crowlogic

Rockape I saw the driver interview.  He's just a local yokel about as presentable as Smeja.  He was sitting back to the camera and couldn't keep his leg still.

Guest Divergent1

Then to tell someone he shot a bigfoot there and take them back there would be the stupidest thing he could possibly do. 

I never thought Smeja was the brightest candle on the birthday cake.

I don't mean to get a little off offtrack from the original purpose of this thread, but dog-gone-it, I'v got to ask a question or three of all you folks who know that BF exists and who have "messed with'em" enough to understand how they react to situations involving their family members. (Anyone else who has, with and open minds, closely studied the field reports of others are also welcome to join in.)

(1) Do you think the adult that Justin wounded - and which ran out of his sight - was a male or female?

(2) If you believe that it was a female, what do you believe her mate - and likely the father of the two juveniles- would do when he arrived at the scene of the shooting and found one juvenile dead? (The remaining juvenile would likely have known exactly where the other's body was buried.)

(3) What do you think would happen if the male found the body of his dead or dying mate being scavenged by a bear? 

If you are uncomfortable posting your opinions; just give the questions some deep though.

I thought you didn't want any speculation? I apologize for side tracking. If the story is true:

1.) I think the adult was female

2.) Since reports that have any kind of details about bigfoot private parts say they are comparable with great apes, I'm going to assume that the father is not a big part of the child rearing process.

3.) I think it would kill the bear.

Edited by Divergent1

OK, thank you all for your input. I really appreciate it. I just found and read Tyler Buggins' well done summary of Justin's history in regards to the shooting. My only questions now are: Was the person who was with him at time of shooting a licensed hunting guide as reported on some internet sites? Was it that the same person who used bear hunting dogs to find the flesh/hair sample? If not, does any one know who that was?

If you can help me on these, I promise I have only one or two final questions. If anyone can answer those, I'll throw in the towel and explain the reasons behind this thread. 

I think when Justin returned to the sight he was with Derek Randalls a bigfoot researcher and  hunting guide if I recall correctly. I remember the story that they had a trained dog with them and there was a snowfall in the interim between the shooting and the recovery of the skin/hair sample. I still remember that the dog had found it and it was Justin's Dog, but could be wrong on that.

In response to your other question about what Papa would do if he found a bear feeding on his son or daughter, well, if it were a black bear, he'd be wishing he was a Grizzly.

Judging by many reports, I think a bear would be long gone in advance of an approaching Sasquatch. Animals of all types seem to steer clear of them, as would I. In Texas, when feral hogs approach a feeder, most other things take off. Just my uneducated guess.

Divergent1:

I asked for opinions from people who have personal knowledge of the creatures, or from open minded folks who have studied the field reports of those that have. I have no doubt that you meet the criterion, and I appreciate your reply. I think you are absolutely right about #3.  

But, I have to say you erroneously assumed that male great apes and Bigfoot are "not a big part of the of the child rearing process".They are the family protectors, just like the males of Homo sapiens families are, or should be.  

Regards

Thanks Southernyahoo. Yes Sir, I agree with that last part.  :o

Edited by Branco

Rockape: Thank you very much for that link! (I have spent many hours watching, reading and listening to discussions about Justin's story, but I missed this one.) He cleared up a few things that I was unsure about. Frankly I find no reason to believe Justin is being dishonest in what he said about this incident or the events that later transpired. (I did make a gross error in judgement a few years, but it was not BF related.) 

Just saw your sig line. I was raised within sight of the kettle crest mountains and Sherman pass.

Just saw your sig line. I was raised within sight of the kettle crest mountains and Sherman pass.

I'm not familiar with Washington state. have only passed through it twice. Are you familiar with USAF Survival Schools - five I think - scattered over the state?

Guest Divergent1

Divergent1:

I asked for opinions from people who have personal knowledge of the creatures, or from open minded folks who have studied the field reports of those that have. I have no doubt that you meet the criterion, and I appreciate your reply. I think you are absolutely right about #3.  

But, I have to say you erroneously assumed that male great apes and Bigfoot are "not a big part of the of the child rearing process".They are the family protectors, just like the males of Homo sapiens families are, or should be.  

Regards

Thanks Southernyahoo. Yes Sir, I agree with that last part.  :o

Yeah, but they usually have more than one mate so it would depend on how far afield that territory ranges for the male bigfoot as to how fast he might be made aware that there was a problem. In this case, the surviving child might have to make it alone a good little ways before anyone in the family group could help. I've heard reports of family groups being sighted, but most often just lone males, because of the absence of breasts. It is a rare thing to see a female sasquatch and little ones so I assume they don't roam as far based on what people have reported.

Yeah, but they usually have more than one mate so it would depend on how far afield that territory ranges for the male bigfoot as to how fast he might be made aware that there was a problem. In this case, the surviving child might have to make it alone a good little ways before anyone in the family group could help. I've heard reports of family groups being sighted, but most often just lone males, because of the absence of breasts. It is a rare thing to see a female sasquatch and little ones so I assume they don't roam as far based on what people have reported.

My opinion to number 3:

There is little doubt, or should I say little left for the imagination how one might expect a male to respond if it came upon a bear consuming its mate evident only by what I’ve read. I’ve read a few reports of bear carcasses found with the classical head twists and head twisted completely off; I’ve also read a few reports where hunters in tree mount stands observed bears react in sudden terror like panic to approaching Bigfoot/ Sasquatch and one report of an actual confrontation. If they would respond violently to man killing or wounding one of their own as many earlier accounts claim I would expect nothing less toward another animal in the wild.

The sample piece wasn't found in the immediate area (the natural depression) of where they stashed the body of the younger one.

It was found in the area where they say they shot the elder animal, and was all that was found which was later said to be of bear origin.

I read one explanation for the hair and flesh Justin found is hunters often dress their kills, especially bear, in the field, and that could have been the source.  If I remember correctly his dog found the sample that was bear.