Les Stroud Talks Bigfoot And Land Barons

Old Dog

The "conspiracy of silence" argument has been honed to a keen edge by the UFO (as alien craft) proponents. They have even

used some of the same arguments such as fear of economic disruption and damage to religious and scientific authority.

I can agree with WSA that given the knowledge of the existence of BF some special interests would opt to deny and cover-up.

I just cannot believe that such an effort would be successful. With the population level and geographic distribution pre-

supposed by the sightings data, the timber industry may as well deny the existence of the squirrel.

Now, I never predicted same would be successful. As a matter of fact, from all I've been able to tell, it is a very poorly kept secret.  Still, I think it makes them all feel better, so who am I?

I don't believe that there is any Full-Blown Bigfoot Cover-Up going on, at any level.  But an "accident" here and there could be easily disposed of, all knowledgeable parties threatened with career setback for breathing a word...and precious little left to substantiate a story few, and none of consequence, will believe anyway.

I've been working in the Oil&Gas industry as well as seismic and a bit of logging for around twenty five years. It's always the same thing every job, every morning at the safety meeting the burly old boss with the brush cut, chomps down on the cigar butt in his mouth, looks at us with his one good eye and says "You boys 'member, if you see any a dem stinkin bigfeets, you shoot 'em and you bury 'em deep, then you shut up about it.". I sure hope nobody finds out I said this.

I will post more later, a big black car pulled up and two guys are banging on my door.

I don't believe that there is any Full-Blown Bigfoot Cover-Up going on, at any level.  But an "accident" here and there could be easily disposed of, all knowledgeable parties threatened with career setback for breathing a word...and precious little left to substantiate a story few, and none of consequence, will believe anyway.

Don't forget though DWA.  Folks quit, are fired and retire.  If there was such a thing as bf and industry was  involved in cover-ups, etc., those people  would spill the beans.  It never happens because there are no cover-ups.  Ditto for govt. no matter what the conspiracy crowd would have you believe...IMHO.

t.

Yes, and when they 'spill the beans', they are dubbed crazy.

There are plenty of former gov't employees, loggers, miners, etc that come forward with this sort of stuff......It's just that it's easier for everyone to mock them and call em crazy.

• Upvote 1

Well, actually, a few people have spilled the beans.  Just no one believes them.  I'm talking about not so much loggers miners etc. of which there are numerous (and there could be major personal consequences post quit/fire/retire, if they say something that there's no evidence available for them to back up).  I'm talking about the folks that have gotten the laugh laugh from park/forest officers...then the whispered call-back asking for the information to go into the secret database a few of them are keeping.  I'm talking about folks like these:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=36218

And these:

http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/22498

Straightforward, yep-we-get-lots-of-this; no effort to derail curiosity or shut down supposition or deny anything; and any speculation that it's all tongue in cheek is just that, with nothing to back it up.

I have never thought assumptions unbacked by evidence are good science.  You can't say to me "people make mistakes, hoax stuff, take drugs, etc."  You can't say to me "taking the reports is something they do to get the headache over with."   You need to prove to me that it happened here.  Or ...well, we have something going on that needs explaining.

Edited by DWA

Now before you start whining consider that whenever a non bigfoot interest contingency is in the field doing what they do the BF proponents cry that they don't find bigfoot because they're not looking for bigfoot.  Well the mining industry isn't looking for bigfoot and neither is the forest industry or the oil and gas industry.  They are looking at forests and geology not for a few silly apes.  So the next time a scientist is in the field you better give them credit for being able to spot that thing since those dullard lumberjacks and their handlers sure have pegged it to the point they're keeping it hush hush.  

No, Oil and gas Co. workers do have encounters and they report them. Biologists encounter them and report them. When it's not hushed, then the argument becomes they are just anecdotes yada yada yada "show me a body" yada yada yada. You say you would give them credit, but........ aha gotcha.........., you don't.

• Upvote 2

Now before you start whining consider that whenever a non bigfoot interest contingency is in the field doing what they do the BF proponents cry that they don't find bigfoot because they're not looking for bigfoot.  Well the mining industry isn't looking for bigfoot and neither is the forest industry or the oil and gas industry.  They are looking at forests and geology not for a few silly apes.  So the next time a scientist is in the field you better give them credit for being able to spot that thing since those dullard lumberjacks and their handlers sure have pegged it to the point they're keeping it hush hush.  

No, Oil and gas Co. workers do have encounters and they report them. Biologists encounter them and report them. When it's not hushed, then the argument becomes they are just anecdotes yada yada yada "show me a body" yada yada yada. You say you would give them credit, but........ aha gotcha.........., you don't.

I'm really not sure I get this, and hope I am still around when it is finally explained.

There'd be proof by now.  No, nobody sees them, that's all crap.  We'd have to know by now.  No, all those people are lying.  If they did this they'd be noticed.  No, those people noticing them really aren't.

Oh.

OK.  

Click heels three times, and think of Kansas.

I mean.  How really difficult is it to understand that *when no one seeing something is taken seriously,*  it matters not a whit how many of that something there are...nor how many are actually seeing it?  I wish I knew why this is so hard for some to grasp.  One plus one is actually a more complex concept.

Edited by DWA

I worked in the forest industry here in Ontario for 34 years, the last several years in management.  No talk of bf, ever.  People don't want to hear that however.  They'd rather believe folks who speculate and who really don't have a clue about what they're talking about.

t.

Of course, that's what you're paid to say, right? :) #sarcasm

I've been working in the Oil&Gas industry as well as seismic and a bit of logging for around twenty five years. It's always the same thing every job, every morning at the safety meeting the burly old boss with the brush cut, chomps down on the cigar butt in his mouth, looks at us with his one good eye and says "You boys 'member, if you see any a dem stinkin bigfeets, you shoot 'em and you bury 'em deep, then you shut up about it.". I sure hope nobody finds out I said this.

I will post more later, a big black car pulled up and two guys are banging on my door.

Also the type of disinformation we'd expect from a subversive paid by BigTimberOilGass!! :) #moresarcasm

Admin

I worked in the forest industry here in Ontario for 34 years, the last several years in management.  No talk of bf, ever.  People don't want to hear that however.  They'd rather believe folks who speculate and who really don't have a clue about what they're talking about.

t.

Very interesting indeed.

34 years in the industry and ends up here. Yep I'd say it is interesting.

Out of plusses. Please consider this my plus.   :)

Over 9,000 reported encounters all across the country have drawn the attention of 647 separate individual accounts of law enforcement being drawn into Bigfoot/ Sasquatch incidents; 626 separate individual accounts of other governmental agencies being involved in some form or fashion and about 67 separate accounts of military associated Bigfoot encounters. So yes, it gets exceedingly more difficult for industry and officials of all sectors of society to continue this pretentious charade of there is nothing there - there.