Bigfoot: Does It Exist? Or Not?

Bonehead74

I can see how "The JREF stuff" is on topic in an existence thread, because is that not what the JREF has made their life mission is to put down, antagonize, and troll anyone who does or even keeps an open mind about the existence of Sasquatch.

JREF's big mistake is taking the same approach toward this that they take toward charlatan medicine and Products That Don't Deliver.

Issue:  Your Mommy Told You Bigfoot Isn't Real isn't quite the starting point for intelligent discussion.

Guest Crowlogic

Indeed it takes special pleading to get grownups to suspend belief in bigfoot.  Forget for a moment that science hasn't confirmed it (It hasn't folks get over it)  forget for a moment that the history of bigfoot is littered with fakes and hoaxes.  Forget for a moment that we haven't a bone or a tooth or eye , ear tongue or toe of the the thing.  Forget for a moment that crackpots are forever making up wild enterprises the beast is alluded to partake it.  It can fly and step in and out of our space time condominium as most recently put forward by noted PHD Matt Johnston.  Forget for a moment that the gatherings and conferences dedicated to the mythology have little or no vetting or interest in vetting the caliber of the presenters at these conferences, as in Todd Standing.  Sure we'll forget about all of that for a moment so when a non adherent says bigfoot does not exist it is special pleading.  However when one weighs the load of anti matter I have given a short elucidation on here the case for bigfoot's  existence becomes not only special pleading but nearly a suspension of all manner of disbelief.  All to often bigfoot is to scientific reality as the Keystone Cops are to law enforcement.

No it is relative to what we are writing about, since it changed you. At some point in your life you thought that these creatures existed , but some how it changed for you. That change is only some thing that you can explain. There is no changing in what I have seen and experience, what I saw and witnessed was legit. It was real as you are on this earth writing on this forum. If it took others to convince you that they are not real then you are in denial of what you have experience. See I cannot deny what I saw and what they did r the effect that left on me. 

Not even others who have seen these creatures can live with this denial.  Many have reported their encounters many years later after since they were bothered by it.. Strange that many are bothered by some thing that is not suppose to exist yet many reported. When I reported my encounter I thought that it would be welcomed and WoW ! was I wrong. I went through a gauntlet that I really do not think that no one should have had to gone through. The names that I and others who were with me who encountered these creatures we were called. I had evidence that is still on this server but because of peer pressure I had to back peddle some of my evidence, that may have been real evidence of the real creature.

Sure there was hoaxing involve but not all of it was all hoaxed and later I found out that it was to keep people from searching a certain area. Look if you have experience some thing but have convince your self that it was nothing well that it with you. If you needed the help of the skeptics to convince you of what you have experience well then well then that is with you. All I can say is that I was skeptic and am still a skeptic with sightings of others and will be till the end. Humans are humans and they have intentions that some times we do not understand. The fact is that there are humans out there that are not honest and this has been for how ever long humans have been around. My answer is to question everything no matter how much you believe you think that human to be honest.   

If one got to a position without evidence...and was moved from that position without evidence...who yawn cares.

That there are so many of these in the current 'skeptic' (it ain't!) camp says more about them than it does about the animal the evidence for which they cannot be bothered to peruse.

Crowlogic, you have people on this forum that can put all that that you said aside. They can also put aside any evidence or claim that everyone else here has ever said and they would still "know". They have been face to face at close enough range and in good light to see one and leave no doubt what so ever of what they were seeing.  You also cannot say we do not have any bones of a Sasquatch until you personally have gone through the archive of bones that all the museums have and eliminate all of them by dna as not being from a Sasquatch.

http://vetmed.tamu.edu/news/press-releases/museum-crusties-foster-collaboration-between-geneticists-and-smithsonian

we are still discovering new things from the bones we already have in museums and some of them for a very long time.

ShadowBorn,

The more critical thinking members on this forum brought details to my attention which allowed me to view the subject from a different perspective. Then with "data" from both sides of the debate, I was able make up my own mind.

-----------

Yes the JREF membership includes a lot of close minded people but that does not mean Bigfoot is real. Those individuals close mindedness has no effect on reality.

ShadowBorn,

The more critical thinking members on this forum brought details to my attention which allowed me to view the subject from a different perspective. Then with "data" from both sides of the debate, I was able make up my own mind.

-----------

Yes the JREF membership includes a lot of close minded people but that does not mean Bigfoot is real. Those individuals close mindedness has no effect on reality.

So, only people on these forums who believe as you do have the ability to perform critical thinking?  If that is your thinking, that is an enormous amount of hubris.

• Upvote 2

........Crowlogic,  the unicorn, dragon, fairy thing is very old.   Show me a report of a Law enforcement officer that has publicly reported a dragon, a unicorn, and or a fairy.  A serious report not some lame joke report. I can show links to several Sasquatch reports from Law enforcement individuals only. 

David NC,   Perhaps I haven't seen the reports you reference about officers publicly reporting sasquatch sightings. I know of only one such sworn report from 1969 and everything else was either not a sworn report or later determined to be unfounded. Can you share the links to the officer reports?

PS, I have the Harrington report.

Edited by HOLDMYBEER

ShadowBorn,

-----------

Nakani

Critical thinking is not a bad thing , not all ! . We all do it when some one is reporting some thing strange that we do not understand. It is human a human thing. The problem I have is that you have singled out certain members to push a point. By nature we are all critical thinkers that have developed a skill to use this as a way to survive.( Now think about that for a moment ) If we have developed this skill for our survival or to intrepid reports then what makes you not think that they have not misled you. 

Sure you can see it from a different perspective, but they were not there. It is like the PGF, Patty looks like nothing to what I saw and I doubt that it could be real. But certain features in the face and within the muscles tells me that is real. There was a track way, similar to track ways that I have found. Prints that are at least 24" long with a width of 6" - 8" across, again I found similar. So with the exception of the creature not being the same as my sighting. Is this what critical thinking is about. By Definition Critical thinking is : 

Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action.

So in a way there is not one particular group of people who are more in critical thinking then others since we are all in our own way as humans critical thinkers. Should we not be if we are to prove these creatures to exist.

Edited by ShadowBorn
  • Upvote 1

ShadowBorn,

-----------

So, only people on these forums who believe as you do have the ability to perform critical thinking?  If that is your thinking, that is an enormous amount of hubris.

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have qualified the members as "the more critical thinking". How about just, the members who don't believe Bigfoot exists presented their reasons for their opinion which allowed me to view the subject from a different perspective.

Holdmybeer, I gave links to 7   in post #66 on this thread. They are all 7 from BFRO report files  There could be others on other Sasquatch sights but I have not looked further into it.

Bigfoot exist.

Bigfoot hoaxes exist.

The will and fortitude of science and the government to acknowledge that Bigfoot exists, does not exist at present,

• Upvote 2