Where You Think Bigfoot Does Not Exist.

kitakaze

Worked in Caledonia today. Drove everywhere in between.

Didn't see a Bigfoot.

But I saw Emmanuel Lewis. 

For real. 

He owns land up here.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

Hello Squatchy McSquatch,

Did he leave a footprint? Or is there a pic with a red circle in it? Otherwise...well... ;)

Edited by hiflier

Worked in Caledonia today. Drove everywhere in between.

Didn't see a Bigfoot.

Well, you just weren't lookin' hard enough.

I live in Nevada. There are no sasquatches in Nevada. Any reports of sasquatches here are misidentification or hoax. IMO. Anywhere that is mainly desert/high desert is also a "go preceded by a no", IMO.

This is excellent. Let's go with Nevada. The following is a 2004 BFRO report alleged to be by a police officer and two friends, as well as two other climbers, total five witnesses...

Report # 22386 (Class A) 

Submitted by witness Troy on Tuesday, December 18, 2007.

Daylight sighting by Reno police officer and two friends on Boundary Peak Mtn

(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2004

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: October

STATE: Nevada

COUNTY: Esmeralda County

LOCATION DETAILS: It was about 1,000 feet S.E. of the peak to Boundary Peak Mt. 

NEAREST TOWN: Dyer Nevada

NEAREST ROAD: Canyon Trail Rd.

OBSERVED: I have been a police officer in Nevada for over 19 years. In 2004 two of my college roommates called me from Idaho, and wanted to set up a climb to Boundary Peak. 

Boundary Peak is the highest mountain in Nevada at over 13.000 feet. It is located in the White Mountains East of Bishop, California. One of my roommates is a loan executive for a bank in Idaho, and the other is a farmer. 

We left Boundary Peak trailhead on the last Saturday morning of July, 2004 around 0600 am. Around 2:00 p.m. we were several hundred feet from the summit of Boundary Peak. There were two climbers making their way down the trail towards us. The last 300 feet of the climb is steep with lots of obstacles, and the trail is very narrow.

We waited at our location so that the two climbers combing down would have room to pass on the trail. As we were waiting I spotted a lone climber making his way across the rim rock trail between Montgomery Peak and Boundary Peak. He caught my attention, because he kicked a rock off the West side slope of the sheer rock cliff. 

When the two climbers reached our location I observed something moving south about 300 feet down from us in a large bowl. The movement was too fast to be another climber, because the area that it was in was full of small shale rock. This rock is extremely hard to walk in and keep your balance on the steep mountain side. There were also several large boulders in with the shale rock where the trail was that this climber was using. 

When I first observed this subject, I said out loud; "Look at that guy go. He is wearing a funny hairy climbing suit." My first thought was that he was some expert climber wearing a modern high tech climbing suit. 

All five of us looked at what I just pointed out, and there was a dead calm silence among us. We all sat there for about two minutes and watched as this creature made its way to the trees below us. 

While I was watching it, I made the listed observation: This creature would run on two legs upright until it came up on a large boulder, and then it would crawl over it on all four legs and run for a while on all four legs. After a short distance, it would stand back up on two legs and run until it came up to another obstacle.

This creature was between 5' and 5'6" tall. Its arms hung down to almost its knees. The head area appeared to have a long hair around the face and head. It appeared to be a light brown in color with darker hair around the head and groin area. Once it reached an area of heavy vegetation, we lost sight of it. It took over 90 seconds to reach the vegetation from the first place that we observed it. 

I asked the other climbers if they knew what it was that we just saw. They did not say anything. My first thought was that it looked like an orangutan. I told this to one of my friends and they replied, “Yeh, maybe it escaped from captivity...†Everyone left it at that and we all started back up the summit, while the other climbers made their way down. Before the other climbers left, I asked them where they were from and they said Southern California.

As we were going back up I spotted the other lone climber crossing the divide between the peaks. He was about 1/2 mile south of Boundary Peak. I thought to my self that this climber might have scared the creature from his hiding place when he knocked a rock off the cliff. 

Once we were on the peak, the lone climber met up with us. He was an Asian male. I asked him if he saw anything down the South slope of the divide that he just came across. He said he didn't see anything (i.e. anything unusual). 

All three of us in our climbing party had cameras. They were all in our back packs when we observed the creature. I initially thought of trying to take my gloves off and taking off my pack to get my camera out. I realized that my camera did not have a zoom on it, and that a regular 35mm would only show a dark spot at a distance of over 300 yards. 

When I returned home I told a couple of my close friends about the creature that I saw. I did not want a lot of people to know about what I saw, because I did not want them to think that I was loosing it. 

In February of 2007 I bought 10 acres of land about 5 miles from the area that I saw the creature. I did not know it at the time, but this is where I am going to retire. I was talking to one of the local residence and I told them about what I saw up on the mountain. They did not seem surprised, and told me about a local prospector who saw something in the forest that scared him to the point that he does not want to talk about it ever again. 

ALSO NOTICED: No; We did not go down to the area where it was observed because of the climbing conditions. 

OTHER WITNESSES: Four other witness; Two were climbing friends of mine, and two others were from S. California. The two climbers from Calif. were coming down the trail towards the three of us. When we all met on the trail is when I observed the thing. All five of us saw the creature for about a minute or two. 

OTHER STORIES: One of the local residents told me that a miner had mentioned that he saw something in the forest that scared him so badly that he does not want to talk about it. 

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 2:00 p.m. Weather conditions; Clear and warm

ENVIRONMENT: Shale rock; Sage brush; Juniper and other small trees and shrubs.

A & G References: Southern California Delorme Atlas, Page 113, Index of B-7.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Richard Hucklebridge:

I made contact with this witness, a Reno police officer, on the afternoon of December 21, 2007. We went over his report. He couldn’t add much more to what he and his friends saw on Boundary Peak Mountain. He has bought property close to where this all took place, but a little further down the mountain. 

The reason he mentioned the property is because something unusual happened there (long after the sighting described above), which may be connected: After he cleared a pad for his 5th wheel camper on his 10 acre plot, he and his dog were burning off the brush and weeds the following night and had a pretty good sized fire going. His dog started to look out into the darkness and began to bark and growl at something. He only had a strong spot light to look around with, but he didn’t see anything. 

He was a non-believer about the Sasquatch phenomenon before this sighting. He is now a 100%’er, and he is going to do more investigating in and around his new property.

As mentioned in his report, there were two friends with the witness as they were hiking/climbing up towards Boundary Peak. They spotted the figure as the group stopped and were waiting for two other climbers that were on their way down the trail. The trail was narrow at this point. As the two groups were passing on the trail this creature decided to start moving across this mountainous bowl area. According to the wit, all five of the mountain climbers observed this movement.  

The witness said that he first saw the figure about 200yards below them and about 300 yards out in front of their position on the trail. They were somewhere above the 12000 ft level on the mountain. 

He thought he first heard a rock falling, which might have startled this figure, because it began to move in the opposite direction from the climber who dislodged the rock. That climber was on his way down but he was even higher up on that mountain trail than the witness his friends.

The witness was very impressed by how fast this creature was moving in this loose shale that was on the surface of this very steep slope that was part of a large bowl area. If this had been a human, it would have taken one step forward and two steps back. 

Total viewing time was approximately two minutes or a little less, before it disappeared into the vegetation on the other side of that large bowl area. 

When this figure came to some larger boulders or rocks that were in its path it went down on all fours and climbed up and over these boulders and then continued on, on all fours, for a short distance. Then it went back up on two legs, still moving relatively fast. The witness thinks the figure didn’t ever see his group of hikers.

The figure had longer hair on the head than the rest of the body. It was also darker hair on the head. The rest of the body hair was light brown except for the crotch area, which was darker than the body hair. 

The witness could not tell if the figure was a male or female, nor estimate its weight. It was too far away. He thought its arms appeared to be longer than an average human's arms.

This witness has hunted and taken bear in Idaho and Montana. He knows what bears look like, and what they can and cannot do on their hind feet. He was certain it was not a bear. 

He first became aware of the BFRO because of the recent Pennsylvania trail cam photo (the "Jacobs creature"). He said, “That also is no bear!†and he's right.

---------------------------------

I use to hunt deer on the California side of where this took place back in 1980’s. This mountain range has its own special beauty and loneliness that keeps drawing you back. In certain places you feel like you are on a different planet all together, like the moon. 

There are bristlecone pine trees in this area. One of those bristlecone pine trees is the oldest known living thing on the planet. It is 4000+ years old. I have a picture of it. At one time it was marked, so people could find it and photograph it. Now the Forest Service has wisely changed the trail and removed the sign to protect it. 

This witness is a highly reliable and believable. It seems he saw a sasquatch, but what was it doing at that elevation?  

Deer cross over those mountains, using those high mountains passes. So it may have been following their path.

---------------

I spoke with one of the witnesses friends by phone on January 10, 2008 -- one of the friends who was with him when the incident happened. He confirmed corroborated the story, but he couldn’t say just what it was. He said it was covered with hair and was moving very fast in lose shale headed down and away from them. He saw it moving for a little over a hundred yards.

The following photos were taken about twenty years ago by me, a few miles south of Boundary Peak Mountain. Most of the high peaks in this mountain range are on the California side. Some are over 14,000 feet. Montgomery Peak is over 13,400 feet and lies just on the California side of Boundary Peak Mountain. These two mountain peaks are connected by a high ridge/saddle that intersects the state line.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=22386

This is the area of the sighting...

boundary_peak_hike.jpg

40247799.jpg

So this begs the following two questions...

1 - If Bigfoot does not exist in Nevada, how do we account for this report?

2 - If real, this indicates that Bigfoot can be in places completely unforested with no cover whatsoever to conceal itself with. It also would indicate that Bigfoot is in fact partially quadrupedal and will go into 4x4 mode. How is it possible Bigfoot inhabits such habitat and remains unclassified?

My answer to both is that I think 

I am fairly certain that bigfoot does not exist anywhere between Hamilton and Caledonia

And we note that you are 'fairly certain' that BF doesn't exist anywhere else for that matter.

A serious question. The pro BF guys have folks out in the field trying to prove the creature exists. On the side of the coin, do the exponents also have guys out in the woods trying to disprove or rationalise the subject?

^^^  Nah, they don't need to go to the field, they can do that on the internet.    :sarcastichand:  

MIB

2 - If real, this indicates that Bigfoot can be in places completely unforested with no cover whatsoever to conceal itself with. It also would indicate that Bigfoot is in fact partially quadrupedal and will go into 4x4 mode. How is it possible Bigfoot inhabits such habitat and remains unclassified?

My answer to both is that I think 

Post incomplete. I meant to say that I think the encounter report is most likely a misidentification. 

Guest Crowlogic

There's a perfectly good explanation why bigfoot was seen in desert Nevada.   They don't live there they just pass through during migration.  You know the clans gather and pow wow.  I mean they can't live in the desert they are wood apes.    But those deserts are tricky there's lots of places to hide and biggie is smart enough to roll in the dirt and get covered in dust for camouflage.  Those things are everywhere.  There's probably one right behind you right now.

Edited by Crowlogic

The Nevada report is a perfect example, I think. Police officer, multiple witnesses, good detail to the officer's sighting. It's the kind of report I would have been on like white on rice when I was a believer.

...Except for the fact it's in the middle of the desert.

When looking at this skeptically, how can we account for it and how does it apply elsewhere? It is quite unambiguous. My first thought was that the entire report is a BFRO fabrication, but I think this could very easily be real.

So why did this police officer think he and four others saw Bigfoot in the middle of the desert?

There's a perfectly good explanation why bigfoot was seen in desert Nevada. They don't live there they just pass through during migration. You know the clans gather and pow wow. I mean they can't live in the desert they are wood apes. But those deserts are tricky there's lots of places to hide and biggie is smart enough to roll in the dirt and get covered in dust for camouflage. Those things are everywhere. There's probably one right behind you right now.

Crow. It's clear you are pretty obsessed with the hokey side of the Bigfoot.

The woo-woo side exists. As uncomfortable as I am with it, it does not truly represent the subject fairly. For every Dr J there is a Thomas Sternberg.

Critical thinking is key in BF research Crow, however by using controversial figures with little credibility as your argument for the creature not existing is pretty weak in my opinion.

There is so much to question and query on the subject, so using tossing out the tired old stuff is an opportunity wasted in my view.

Questions such as why does a police officer report Bigfoot in the middle of the desert.

The following is another BFRO Nevada Class A sighting report. I think it is a perfect example of people engaging in Woods & Wildmen, the adult social roleplaying game. I think it is completely fabricated by whomever submitted it to the BFRO and the fact the BFRO accept it as a genuine sighting is quite absurd...

Report # 5909  (Class A) 

Submitted by witness Kelly on Tuesday, February 25, 2003.Two Hikers Have Close Encounter Near Genoa(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 1984

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: September

DATE: mid-month

STATE: Nevada

COUNTY: Douglas County

LOCATION DETAILS: Go to the town of Genoa. Drive north on Foothill Rd. turn left on Centennial past the cemetary. The road ends up behind some residential homes but where the road ends the land belongs to the Forestry/BLM and is the start of the trail head. It is a tough hike but eventually you will come to the remaining foundation of the deer hunter's cabin. It was in this vacinity where we met this large, hairy, smelly guy near the creek. Going uphill the creek will be on your left.

NEAREST TOWN: Genoa, Nevada

NEAREST ROAD: Centennial Rd.

OBSERVED: In Sept. 1984 my friend and I were hiking on the east side of the Sierra Nevada Mtn. Range above Lake Tahoe and the Carson Valley above the town Genoa. Both of us grew up in this area. Although in high school I was kind of a cut up, my friend Linda, graduated valedictorian of our class 5 years earlier. She is very logical. We have often hiked this trail that basically goes straight up the mountain and over to Tahoe. It is a strenuous hike. When we parked our truck at the trailhead there was another car parked there as well. We were 1/4 the way up the trail when two teenage boys came running down the mountain towards us. The trail was extremely steep and they were running for all they were worth. They stopped long enough to implore us not to go any further up the mountain as they had seen a monster or something. There was an old deer hunter's cabin at about the half way point and we told the boys that we were only going to go that far. (We thought they were drinking or on drugs) We shrugged off the incident laughed and joked that we wished we had what they were "smoking."  

We reached the cabin without incidence sat down on the bluff that overlooked the Carson Valley we split a soda that we had brought and I took out my recorder (flute like instrument) and began playing some little tunes on it. We were alone on the mountain we thought. After about an hour of putsing around we decided to head back down the trail. I kept smelling dog doo or something dead. I even checked my shoes. We were near the creek gathering pine cones for an art project, I was facing downhill, Linda was facing uphill, we were examining a particularly perfect cone when Linda looked up and exclaimed, "Oh, my God it's a bear, no....it's a guy in a bear suit!" I looked up and couldn't believe it, we were a stone toss from a 7 ft. hairy dude. He looked directly at us and to this day Linda and I felt something pass between the three of us. He stood across the creek from us. His hair was the color of dry pine needles and covered his whole body with the hair thinning just on his chest and face. He had a large broad chest, but not breasts like a female, his arms were hanging at his sides nearly to his knees and when he walked, he took long strides and his arms swung freely as he walked. He didn't seem to fear us although he began to walk straight up a pine needle covered slope, barefooted, without slipping.  

As he moved away Linda grabbed my arm and began dragging me down the hill I couldn't take my eyes off him and he never took his eyes off us. I do not feel to this day as he meant to harm us but instead I feel he was just as fascinated with us as we were with him. His face seemed almost serene with very intelligent eyes - his face resembled an orangutan. He had large eyes and a flattish nose I sketched a picture as soon as I got home and Linda confirmed that I had captured his likeness - I wished I had a camera on me that day. As we continued at a fast pace down the hill he remained on the ridge above us paralleling in the same direction.

We reached our truck and could still see him crouching on a granite boulder at least a football field distance between us. I yelled up to him that he was very cool but he shouldn't be scaring the crap out of us locals. He stood up on his boulder and Linda told me to shut up and get in the truck. We were strangely disturbed that afternoon and evening. We thought of going to the forest service or the sheriff’s dept. But crimeny sakes, who would've believed us? Plus in our community they would just want to shoot him. We have since hiked there many times. Always hoping to catch another glimpse. We are married ladies with kids and we take the kids up "Bigfoot Canyon" periodically in search of our elusive friend.  

A few years ago the wind blew down some trees during a storm and exposed an area that we had not seen from the trail before. When we went up to investigate we found a large boulder and some older pine trees with branches low to the ground around it. You could duck down and go under the trees near the wall of the boulder and it looked as if something or someone had made a natural shelter there. The pine needles had all been tramped down and it seemed to be away from the prevailing winds. A great place for deer, bear or perhaps a bigfoot. We hope so. I will never look at life on this earth the same way. I have seen bigfoot and not only does it make for a great tale around the campfires at night, it fuels my imagination about every little sound I hear when I am in the wilderness. I am intrigued. I only hope that no harm comes to the Bigfoots. I believe that the great creator of all life shares the sight of the Bigfoot with people who might grow from the experience. I know Linda and I have both grown. Even if we share the experience with someone who doesn't believe us - it really does not matter. We know what we saw. He was so close in proximity it was obvious to us that this fella belonged here. He was as natural as the sky, creek, trees and the deer. 

ALSO NOTICED: No except that he appeared to be studying us.

OTHER WITNESSES: Myself, my best friend and whoever the two young boys were.

OTHER STORIES: Yes, I spoke with an Austrian Mtn biker who had a strange experience 5 years ago directly on the other side of the mountain on the Tahoe side. He said he was riding his bike and excercising his German Shepard. He said he kept smelling something dead. He said his dog was running ahead of him. Suddenly he said his dog yelped, and turned around without waiting for him and ran back down the mountain. This man said that he never did see anything but he felt there was someone watching him and he said he felt the hair on his neck and arms prickle. He thought maybe it was a bear. But the smell kept coming back to him. This story was shared with me before I had told him my own.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: A beautiful fall day. Clear but a little bite in the air. 2 o'clock pm.

ENVIRONMENT: Ponderosa Pines and Cedar. Near the foundation of an old deer hunter's cabin and a trickle of a creek.

Follow-up investigation report:

Following the investigator's interview with the witness, the following information can be added to this report:

Just prior to the encounter, the witness reports having the "sense of being watched."

The witness reported the "hairy man," as she called it, had possibly been nearby for some time without them noticing, as he was very close when they did notice him. 

The witness reported he raised his nose to the sky and was heard to take a big "sniff," followed by a very loud, deep "huff" which much resembled a snort from a very large bull, which she was accustomed to hearing.

The witness reported he then turned and ran off uphill in a very fluid and graceful, yet powerful and agile fashion. He ran up a very steep hill covered with thick pine needles without missing a step or slipping at all. He was reported to have run uphill in a "hunched over" position, but he used his hands for "swatting objects out of the way," rather than for locomotion.

The witness reported he followed them down the hill, staying off to the side and uphill from them. The hike back down to their truck took approximately one hour. Upon arriving back at the truck, the witnesses took a rest break and sat on the hood of the truck while the "hairy man" stayed on the ridge above them, and appeared to be observing them. As they began to leave, the witness shouted to him, which may have caused him to rise from his crouched position and stand upright.

The witness had several observations on physical features to report as well. Working from the top down, they are as follows:

·The head was very large, with a prominent brow ridge and deep-set, dark eyes.

·The face was flat, with a “ruddy†complexion.

·The nose was flat and wide, with nothing resembling a prominent snout.

·Estimated size was 7 feet tall and 360 pounds.

·The shoulders and chest were very wide and very muscular, much like a very serious body builder; the hair was thinning on the chest; no breasts were visible.

·The abdomen was very firm, described as “six-pack†abs.

·The definition of the muscles was quite visible through the hair.

·The hair was of varying length, with some obvious patches “worn off†on the chest, buttocks and about the lower portion of the legs. The hair was described as “human-like, not thick like a bear’s coat.â€

·The hands observed were described as “huge†and hung to the knees.

·The feet were described as “gigantic.â€

·The exposed skin color was described as being much the same as the color of the dirt, giving a “very dirty†appearance to it.

The witness reports having been in the same area many times since then, yet she has had no further encounters.

The witness also submitted a sketch done shortly after her encounter that she feels fairly depicts what she saw that day.

5909.jpg

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=5909

Good find Kit. There are many such BS 'encounters' posted on the BFRO website.

Quality control seems to an issue in some areas. Any researcher worth their salt would dismiss this report.

Anyone care to post their favourite 'water tight' report as a response?

The following photos were taken about twenty years ago by me, a few miles south of Boundary Peak Mountain. Most of the high peaks in this mountain range are on the California side. Some are over 14,000 feet. Montgomery Peak is over 13,400 feet and lies just on the California side of Boundary Peak Mountain. These two mountain peaks are connected by a high ridge/saddle that intersects the state line.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=22386

This is the area of the sighting...

Errant teleport. He was heading to the PNW and took a wrong turn in Albuquerque.

Genoa is very close to Lake Tahoe.

The location is definitely more traditional Bigfoot habitat, but the report is screaming fiction. The writer was enjoying the adult roleplaying game of Woods & Wildmen. The yelling at Bigfoot about his coolness and don't scare the locals at the end was enjoyable.

The police officer multiple witness report was far more credible and that was in the middle of the desert.

So what did they really see?