Where You Think Bigfoot Does Not Exist.

kitakaze

Anyone care to post their favourite 'water tight' report as a response?

Impossible at this stage of the game.  I think you know that.  I think that comment is inherently manipulative and disingenuous.    'water tight' would be de facto proof of existence which has not been accepted yet.

MIB

Here are the Nevada BFRO Sightings in Google Earth

post-21915-0-64260200-1442166108_thumb.j

Google Earth view of Report 22386 Location

post-21915-0-21511800-1442166142_thumb.j

Google Earth view of Report 5909 Location

post-21915-0-03518300-1442166247_thumb.j

This is the closest thing to a desert sighting in Nevada - report 3255

Still looks a little rugged to me.

post-21915-0-95374900-1442166381_thumb.j

If we are to discuss desert sightings, maybe the conversation should move to Arizona and New Mexico.

post-21915-0-93708800-1442166660_thumb.j

Or if we are to use BFRO reports to figure out where Bigfoot isn't, maybe look at North Dakota

post-21915-0-00263000-1442166959_thumb.j

I also want to note that I DO NOT believe EVERY BFRO report.

I think this one is false. There's no way they saw a 16 foot Bigfoot! 10-12 foot maybe...

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=3380

Edited by Redbone

Genoa is very close to Lake Tahoe.

The location is definitely more traditional Bigfoot habitat, but the report is screaming fiction. The writer was enjoying the adult roleplaying game of Woods & Wildmen. The yelling at Bigfoot about his coolness and don't scare the locals at the end was enjoyable.

The police officer multiple witness report was far more credible and that was in the middle of the desert.

So what did they really see?

My point was that its not "out in the middle of a desert".

Kit,

Thanks for sharing that fascinating report from Boundary Peak, NV. 

I climbed that peak in the early 90’s and other peaks to the south in CA side and am familiar with the White Mountain range.  The range is on the rain shadow of the Sierra Nevada range so it is indeed much drier and considered desert mountain range.  But, it is not dry.  I recall seeing pinyon forests and subalpine forests on the way to the ridgeline.  There are creeks and springs so it does sustain wildlife.

Does BF hang around this type of desert mountain range or is passing thru? Was this case a misperception/misidentification?  I have no idea.

There is another report from Nevada in BFRO database by a BFF member (JDL) who claims to have seen a BF within 35 ft in daylight with other witnesses.  See link below.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=5697

I would not pick on Nevada only.  There are many BF reports from Arizona, southern CA, and New Mexico that also take place in very dry ecosystems.

Is your question limited to US and Canada, or are you including Mexico in North America?

If so, then the lack of a Mexican Bigfoot is an interesting one.

While there are plenty of Mexican books, TV shows, and researchers on the topic of UFOs seen in Mexico, I have not seen any on the Mexican bigfoot?

Why would BF respect international borders?

Funny thing is that recently I heard about a border patrol agent from San Diego area that is claiming that BF was hanging around the border.  See link below and new book with the claims (I have not read the book but heard the radio interview).

https://www.sasquatchchronicles.com/sc-ep142-retired-border-patrol-agent-speaks-out/

So Maybe BF is crossing the CA/AZ border into Mexico but it does not bother Mexicans?

Maybe BF is an US/Canada native mythology that does not fit into the Mexicans myths?  Mexicans see chupacabras/other monsters while US/Canadian Americans see BF?

Maybe the Mexicans do see BF but call it something else or think it is the devil?

This topic certainly needs further investigation.

Edited by Explorer

Admin

I recall a few reports of BF along the southern border, but not a lot. And there was one about border patrol agents seeing them in their night vision devices, if I remember correctly.

I really look askance at anyone who just says "this can't be happening."  Deserts have water, you know, or else nothing could live there.  Bighorn sheep live in deserts, in herds; that's no more farfetched.  So do burros; mule deer; wild horses; oryx; addax; elephants...I mean, HELLO!?!?!  What sightings in arid country say is:  we don't know everything, do we.

There's a primate that estivates, storing fat in its tail.  There are monkeys that winter in snowy subzero forests.  There are monkeys (and other primates) with advanced night vision.  Sasquatch is kinda mundane when one gets down to it (particularly all the evidence in the fossil record of things that if you saw one tomorrow, you'd call it a bigfoot).

Edited by DWA

I live in Nevada. There are no sasquatches in Nevada. Any reports of sasquatches here are misidentification or hoax. IMO. Anywhere that is mainly desert/high desert is also a "go preceded by a no", IMO.

This is excellent. Let's go with Nevada. The following is a 2004 BFRO report alleged to be by a police officer and two friends, as well as two other climbers, total five witnesses...

Report # 22386 (Class A) 

Submitted by witness Troy on Tuesday, December 18, 2007.

Daylight sighting by Reno police officer and two friends on Boundary Peak Mtn

(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2004

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: October

STATE: Nevada

COUNTY: Esmeralda County

LOCATION DETAILS: It was about 1,000 feet S.E. of the peak to Boundary Peak Mt. 

NEAREST TOWN: Dyer Nevada

NEAREST ROAD: Canyon Trail Rd.

OBSERVED: I have been a police officer in Nevada for over 19 years. In 2004 two of my college roommates called me from Idaho, and wanted to set up a climb to Boundary Peak. 

Boundary Peak is the highest mountain in Nevada at over 13.000 feet. It is located in the White Mountains East of Bishop, California. One of my roommates is a loan executive for a bank in Idaho, and the other is a farmer. 

We left Boundary Peak trailhead on the last Saturday morning of July, 2004 around 0600 am. Around 2:00 p.m. we were several hundred feet from the summit of Boundary Peak. There were two climbers making their way down the trail towards us. The last 300 feet of the climb is steep with lots of obstacles, and the trail is very narrow.

We waited at our location so that the two climbers combing down would have room to pass on the trail. As we were waiting I spotted a lone climber making his way across the rim rock trail between Montgomery Peak and Boundary Peak. He caught my attention, because he kicked a rock off the West side slope of the sheer rock cliff. 

When the two climbers reached our location I observed something moving south about 300 feet down from us in a large bowl. The movement was too fast to be another climber, because the area that it was in was full of small shale rock. This rock is extremely hard to walk in and keep your balance on the steep mountain side. There were also several large boulders in with the shale rock where the trail was that this climber was using. 

When I first observed this subject, I said out loud; "Look at that guy go. He is wearing a funny hairy climbing suit." My first thought was that he was some expert climber wearing a modern high tech climbing suit. 

All five of us looked at what I just pointed out, and there was a dead calm silence among us. We all sat there for about two minutes and watched as this creature made its way to the trees below us. 

While I was watching it, I made the listed observation: This creature would run on two legs upright until it came up on a large boulder, and then it would crawl over it on all four legs and run for a while on all four legs. After a short distance, it would stand back up on two legs and run until it came up to another obstacle.

This creature was between 5' and 5'6" tall. Its arms hung down to almost its knees. The head area appeared to have a long hair around the face and head. It appeared to be a light brown in color with darker hair around the head and groin area. Once it reached an area of heavy vegetation, we lost sight of it. It took over 90 seconds to reach the vegetation from the first place that we observed it. 

I asked the other climbers if they knew what it was that we just saw. They did not say anything. My first thought was that it looked like an orangutan. I told this to one of my friends and they replied, “Yeh, maybe it escaped from captivity...†Everyone left it at that and we all started back up the summit, while the other climbers made their way down. Before the other climbers left, I asked them where they were from and they said Southern California.

As we were going back up I spotted the other lone climber crossing the divide between the peaks. He was about 1/2 mile south of Boundary Peak. I thought to my self that this climber might have scared the creature from his hiding place when he knocked a rock off the cliff. 

Once we were on the peak, the lone climber met up with us. He was an Asian male. I asked him if he saw anything down the South slope of the divide that he just came across. He said he didn't see anything (i.e. anything unusual). 

All three of us in our climbing party had cameras. They were all in our back packs when we observed the creature. I initially thought of trying to take my gloves off and taking off my pack to get my camera out. I realized that my camera did not have a zoom on it, and that a regular 35mm would only show a dark spot at a distance of over 300 yards. 

When I returned home I told a couple of my close friends about the creature that I saw. I did not want a lot of people to know about what I saw, because I did not want them to think that I was loosing it. 

In February of 2007 I bought 10 acres of land about 5 miles from the area that I saw the creature. I did not know it at the time, but this is where I am going to retire. I was talking to one of the local residence and I told them about what I saw up on the mountain. They did not seem surprised, and told me about a local prospector who saw something in the forest that scared him to the point that he does not want to talk about it ever again. 

ALSO NOTICED: No; We did not go down to the area where it was observed because of the climbing conditions. 

OTHER WITNESSES: Four other witness; Two were climbing friends of mine, and two others were from S. California. The two climbers from Calif. were coming down the trail towards the three of us. When we all met on the trail is when I observed the thing. All five of us saw the creature for about a minute or two. 

OTHER STORIES: One of the local residents told me that a miner had mentioned that he saw something in the forest that scared him so badly that he does not want to talk about it. 

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 2:00 p.m. Weather conditions; Clear and warm

ENVIRONMENT: Shale rock; Sage brush; Juniper and other small trees and shrubs.

A & G References: Southern California Delorme Atlas, Page 113, Index of B-7.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Richard Hucklebridge:

I made contact with this witness, a Reno police officer, on the afternoon of December 21, 2007. We went over his report. He couldn’t add much more to what he and his friends saw on Boundary Peak Mountain. He has bought property close to where this all took place, but a little further down the mountain. 

The reason he mentioned the property is because something unusual happened there (long after the sighting described above), which may be connected: After he cleared a pad for his 5th wheel camper on his 10 acre plot, he and his dog were burning off the brush and weeds the following night and had a pretty good sized fire going. His dog started to look out into the darkness and began to bark and growl at something. He only had a strong spot light to look around with, but he didn’t see anything. 

He was a non-believer about the Sasquatch phenomenon before this sighting. He is now a 100%’er, and he is going to do more investigating in and around his new property.

As mentioned in his report, there were two friends with the witness as they were hiking/climbing up towards Boundary Peak. They spotted the figure as the group stopped and were waiting for two other climbers that were on their way down the trail. The trail was narrow at this point. As the two groups were passing on the trail this creature decided to start moving across this mountainous bowl area. According to the wit, all five of the mountain climbers observed this movement.  

The witness said that he first saw the figure about 200yards below them and about 300 yards out in front of their position on the trail. They were somewhere above the 12000 ft level on the mountain. 

He thought he first heard a rock falling, which might have startled this figure, because it began to move in the opposite direction from the climber who dislodged the rock. That climber was on his way down but he was even higher up on that mountain trail than the witness his friends.

The witness was very impressed by how fast this creature was moving in this loose shale that was on the surface of this very steep slope that was part of a large bowl area. If this had been a human, it would have taken one step forward and two steps back. 

Total viewing time was approximately two minutes or a little less, before it disappeared into the vegetation on the other side of that large bowl area. 

When this figure came to some larger boulders or rocks that were in its path it went down on all fours and climbed up and over these boulders and then continued on, on all fours, for a short distance. Then it went back up on two legs, still moving relatively fast. The witness thinks the figure didn’t ever see his group of hikers.

The figure had longer hair on the head than the rest of the body. It was also darker hair on the head. The rest of the body hair was light brown except for the crotch area, which was darker than the body hair. 

The witness could not tell if the figure was a male or female, nor estimate its weight. It was too far away. He thought its arms appeared to be longer than an average human's arms.

This witness has hunted and taken bear in Idaho and Montana. He knows what bears look like, and what they can and cannot do on their hind feet. He was certain it was not a bear. 

He first became aware of the BFRO because of the recent Pennsylvania trail cam photo (the "Jacobs creature"). He said, “That also is no bear!†and he's right.

---------------------------------

I use to hunt deer on the California side of where this took place back in 1980’s. This mountain range has its own special beauty and loneliness that keeps drawing you back. In certain places you feel like you are on a different planet all together, like the moon. 

There are bristlecone pine trees in this area. One of those bristlecone pine trees is the oldest known living thing on the planet. It is 4000+ years old. I have a picture of it. At one time it was marked, so people could find it and photograph it. Now the Forest Service has wisely changed the trail and removed the sign to protect it. 

This witness is a highly reliable and believable. It seems he saw a sasquatch, but what was it doing at that elevation?  

Deer cross over those mountains, using those high mountains passes. So it may have been following their path.

---------------

I spoke with one of the witnesses friends by phone on January 10, 2008 -- one of the friends who was with him when the incident happened. He confirmed corroborated the story, but he couldn’t say just what it was. He said it was covered with hair and was moving very fast in lose shale headed down and away from them. He saw it moving for a little over a hundred yards.

The following photos were taken about twenty years ago by me, a few miles south of Boundary Peak Mountain. Most of the high peaks in this mountain range are on the California side. Some are over 14,000 feet. Montgomery Peak is over 13,400 feet and lies just on the California side of Boundary Peak Mountain. These two mountain peaks are connected by a high ridge/saddle that intersects the state line.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=22386

This is the area of the sighting...

boundary_peak_hike.jpg

40247799.jpg

So this begs the following two questions...

1 - If Bigfoot does not exist in Nevada, how do we account for this report?

2 - If real, this indicates that Bigfoot can be in places completely unforested with no cover whatsoever to conceal itself with. It also would indicate that Bigfoot is in fact partially quadrupedal and will go into 4x4 mode. How is it possible Bigfoot inhabits such habitat and remains unclassified?

My answer to both is that I think 

Yup there are a few reports out nevada. a few. As your photos show and you properly note the vegetation can be sparse even in the mountain ranges in nevada. The paucity of the reports and the terrain argue against the monster being in the state. Of course, there are some wacky claims out there but I haven't seen any claims that sasquatch goes "Tremors" and burrows underground. Although I have heard of a white sasquatch which lived in caves under the water of some lake somewhere. I swear, this is something which has been reported by more than one podcast/youtube channel. There is apparently nothing these furry rascals can't do.

regarding what the folks actually saw in these nevada reports, I'm thinking that would be off topic for this thread but I'd be happy to PM you with my personal opinion.

Guest Crowlogic

Yup there are a few reports out nevada. a few. As your photos show and you properly note the vegetation can be sparse even in the mountain ranges in nevada. The paucity of the reports and the terrain argue against the monster being in the state. Of course, there are some wacky claims out there but I haven't seen any claims that sasquatch goes "Tremors" and burrows underground. Although I have heard of a white sasquatch which lived in caves under the water of some lake somewhere. I swear, this is something which has been reported by more than one podcast/youtube channel. There is apparently nothing these furry rascals can't do.

regarding what the folks actually saw in these nevada reports, I'm thinking that would be off topic for this thread but I'd be happy to PM you with my personal opinion.

OMG I remember a podcast interview I think on Kathy Strain's show where she interviewed an author/bigfoot expert and said expert very matter of factly announced that bigfoot lives underground.  I was thinking how hard it must have been to keep a straight face for that clown.   

Guest Stan Norton

On the other hand the paucity of reports (and let's just posit for a moment that they are actually genuine...) would be expected from what would appear to be atypical habitat. What reasons might there be for a sasquatch being there? Exploiting seasonal resources such as hibernating moths? Small mammals? It would be very odd for a presumably omnivorous primate not to occasionally be encountered in supposedly strange areas.

To paraphrase John Green:  it's interesting how people's imaginations dry up in areas with less than 17 inches annual rainfall.

Yet sightings in such areas are almost without exception within close proximity to waterways.  As a scientist would predict.

Guest Stan Norton

I really look askance at anyone who just says "this can't be happening." Deserts have water, you know, or else nothing could live there. Bighorn sheep live in deserts, in herds; that's no more farfetched. So do burros; mule deer; wild horses; oryx; addax; elephants...I mean, HELLO!?!?! What sightings in arid country say is: we don't know everything, do we.

There's a primate that estivates, storing fat in its tail. There are monkeys that winter in snowy subzero forests. There are monkeys (and other primates) with advanced night vision. Sasquatch is kinda mundane when one gets down to it (particularly all the evidence in the fossil record of things that if you saw one tomorrow, you'd call it a bigfoot).

Indeed. I remember being taught, and, later, teaching the basics of biogeography and being astonished at how productive an ecosystem a desert is. To the ill informed they seem like, well, deserts but are in reality teeming with life. Edited by Stan Norton

On the other hand the paucity of reports (and let's just posit for a moment that they are actually genuine...) would be expected from what would appear to be atypical habitat. What reasons might there be for a sasquatch being there? Exploiting seasonal resources such as hibernating moths? Small mammals? It would be very odd for a presumably omnivorous primate not to occasionally be encountered in supposedly strange areas.

Sure, suppose anything you wish. The topic is where they don't exist. If you wish to think that nevada is likely habitat, go for it. I don't.

Guest Stan Norton

And, on topic, I am simply pointing out that there is no ecological reason why such an animal could not be recorded there. It's basic stuff. A hypothesis, not supposition.

Edited by Stan Norton

Sure, suppose anything you wish. The topic is where they don't exist. If you wish to think that nevada is likely habitat, go for it. I don't.

IMHO you're sorta mixing and matching terms in a misleading way.    "Habitat" is a place a thing can live long term sufficient to meet all their needs.   In the case of a bigfoot report, there's no connection ... they can readily pass through terrain that is not "habitat" just as we do.   Example?  Under water.   I cannot live long under water but I certainly can, and do, pass under water, and could potentially be observed there, when I'm swimming.    It would be as mistaken for an observer who saw me underwater to infer that it is my habitat as it would be for an observer who saw a bigfoot on a salt flat to infer that that's their habitat.    The implied connection between being observed in a place briefly and living there long term is invalid.

In other words, I don't have any real qualms about a bigfoot report from Nevada.   

MIB 

• Upvote 2