Ketchum Bigfoot Dna Update

Old Dog

The Google ranking algorithm is pretty complicated but the basic gist is sites are ranked according to the search query syntax AND are based on the number of "hits" or times other people have queried similar syntax.  Next is the number of times people have actually clicked on the ranked links.  There is much more but the bottom line is Ketchum isn't ranked because nobody cares enough to query her or her work or news AND no one is clicking on the links that are there.

If it was implied Google somehow cares to suppress BF links or Ketchum in particular, then that's just sad.

Edited by Wingman

Hello Bodhi,

I do sometimes find myself wondering if character assassination is a good method for refuting DNA testing. For some maybe it is. It can be very effective, especially when there's a claim that an independent lab supports the results of 12 other labs. Character assassination, yessireebob, that's the way of science. 

Did you hear the bigfoot show's in question? If not, I encourage you to do so. With regard to character assassination, I think Melba did that to herself...repeatedly. I doubt she was truly visiting a family of 5 sasquatches on a regular basis (as she claimed) (the family of sasquatches which she said could not be photographed), I also doubt her claims of sasquatches braiding horse manes, I doubt her (purported) claims of "angel dna" within her results. I could go on...but we all know about Melba's many claims. Hiflier, I don't think that The Bigfoot Show assassinated melba's character at all but you might disagree. Again, I urge you to listen to their shows that reference her claims. Their comments might be biting but they are based on refuting her claims, not her character. (As always IMO).

Hello Sasfooty,

One can only root for that at this point and wait for the public announcement. Still, in the meantime there are things to be said on the Dr.'s behalf.

"visiting a family of 5 sasquatches on a regular basis (as she claimed) (the family of sasquatches which she said could not be photographed), I also doubt her claims of sasquatches braiding horse manes, I doubt her (purported) claims of "angel dna" within her results"

Those claims weren't part of the scientific DNA testing in the 12 labs. I need to check out the "angel DNA" claim though. The claims were also not part of the new testing and results of the recent independent lab. I think separating out one's beliefs or claims from actual DNA test results should be a no brainer. Physical results are just that- dry physical results. It comes down to questioning the interpretation of those results, not the science or the scientific methods or even the results themselves.

If mainstream won't even look at the DNA test results then Dr. Ketchum and the DNA tests will remain marginalized. I do need say this though: Her statements in the quote above did little for her, and more than likely harmed the case; scientific or not no one was going to touch it.    

Edited by hiflier

Guest 67Mopar

Melba Ketchum could be controlled opposition. I didn't want to believe there is a disinformation effort underway, but several popular proponents have made a complete one-eighty. Thinker-Thunker was on a roll with some of the most astute analysis I've seen yet, then out of nowhere, he curiously discredits himself by contradicting his own "21 Degrees Between You And Bigfoot" analysis; claiming what are obviously human beings out on a hunting trip are "Bigfoot". He did the same with his Yellowstone Park video. If that weren't enough, he ends his string of submissions with a "Phoenix Lights" UFO analysis. ???

David Paulides (Missing 411) who literally built his missing persons investigations on Sasquatch as being the most likely protagonist. Multiple videos were uploaded, most of which are now curiously missing from YouTube. He appeared on Coast To Coast not too long ago stating; "I'm through with the Bigfoot thing..." He is now retelling the same stories, but has now replaced Sasquatch with "spirits of the forest" and UFO activity. The Dennis Martin case is one of the most perplexing I've heard. Mr. Paulides originally stated that the subject seen carrying the body Dennis Martin was described as a "Bigfoot". When he tells the story now, he describes it as "a wild man wearing animal skins."  ???

Then there is the case of ex-pro quarterback Cullen Finnerty. I tracked this case from day-one. It took 4 months for the coroner to come-up with "secondary drowning" as the cause of death? I traded emails with Will Jevning on this one, and he agreed with the suspicious nature of the entire event. The ping from Cullen's cell phone at was tracked as far as 4 miles from where his boat was found, with rapid movement throughout the area. A woman who was monitoring his cell phone ping location stated; "Is he trying to avoid us?" Whenever they got close to the ping, it would move in an alternate direction! He was eventually found 1/4 mile from boat, still wearing his waders, face-down in the brush and slightly covered by surrounding debris. One of the people in the search party described his body as "shocking". Why?

Later that same year, a man and his son (in the same area) reported huge boulder size rocks being thrown at their boat from the river bank. 

Hello 67Mopar,

I know you are limited in your posting right now so I don't want to weigh you down here. I'm not familiar with this case or it's location. And since it's off topic for the thread it needs it's own place for discussion. Maybe another member knows if this has been discussed before? If not then it might be good to wait until a thread is started either by you or someone else. It sounds very intriguing. If no thread exists then perhaps I can start one?

Guest 67Mopar

Hello 67Mopar,

I know you are limited in your posting right now so I don't want to weigh you down here. I'm not familiar with this case or it's location. And since it's off topic for the thread it needs it's own place for discussion. Maybe another member knows if this has been discussed before? If not then it might be good to wait until a thread is started either by you or someone else. It sounds very intriguing. If no thread exists then perhaps I can start one?

Please do. It's an intriguing case. A local said that he heard screaming coming from the area the day Cullen went missing. Cullen had made several phone calls to his wife stating that "something or someone" was following him, and was extremely agitated. If that's the case, why was there no criminal investigation? Oh, that's right... He died of "secondary drowning due to double pneumonia." Stupid me! I've had pneumonia myself, and it was the sickest I've ever been in my life. Double pneumonia? No!

Local police explained his frantic phone calls as; "A paranoid episode, clearly brought about by years of traumatic brain injury that suffered while playing football..." Yeah, that must be it! 

Hello 67Mopar,

I know this case well and have considered starting a thread about it here in the GF. We had one back when it was occurring in the PMP. I'll start a thread on it later, I still have some links saved. A very odd event. The coroner more or less admitted he doesn't really know why he died.

Of the  Ketchum affair I said it would end in smoke and nonsense.  It always does and it always will.  

My great grandfather said even a blind hog gets an acorn once in a while.   I have to agree with you on this.  Fraud, hoax, or just plain ego-driven ineptitude, Ketchum is done.  Anyone who thinks otherwise either didn't read the paper or doesn't have the scientific "licks" to understand it.   Haskell Hart did.  Her supporters need to understand what he said, not just scoff at the messenger.   Stick a fork in her and move on. 

OTOH ... I'm not so sure the general idea of a hybrid is wrong, just not the one she imagined.

MIB

Edited by MIB

Hello Rockape,

That would be much appreciated. Thank you! All I would have been able to do right off would to introduce the subject and then let 'er rip. Your idea is MUCH better. Look forward to it.

We now return you to your normally scheduled program......

Edited by hiflier