John Mionczynski

norseman

Guest Crowlogic

Well Norse over in the PGF crowd I was chastised for being able to remember the details of my seeing the PGF on a big screen in a movie theater in 1973.  Now I hate to say it but we either dismiss old memories of encounters and media events or we accept them as valid.  

He's a self taught "character" the article says.  He's about my age and I was in my very early 20's as likely was he.  In my early 20's I was far more pliable to be able to attach mystery to the non mysterious.  I would say his credibility is as good as the next person's.  He's a romantic, he named his reconstructed motorcycle, I've named my restored Jaguar and I build guitars.  I know all about meticulous details.  I've seen John Monczynski on more than one bigfoot presentation.  Strikes me as a dreamer and this far down the road it's all a dream.

That would have been close to when they went extinct though Crow like you think they did, wouldn't it ? ;)

It could be close to that point in time but now is certainly the time when I find your post somewhat less than pertinent.  However according to the positions you maintain in your posts I'm on the side of reality and you're on the side of woo.

Guest Crowlogic

One needs to look at tent technology of the day.  We were all still using canvas usually the forest green variety..  Maybe somebody should ask him what the tent was made out of.  I wonder if the interviewers had the presence of mind to ask that important question.

Hello Crowlogic,

I was using an orange nylon pup tent in 1971. Does that help? I was always in deep woods though so don't remember moonlight on it (no fly). But what speckled sunlight filtered through the canopy lit the inside up nicely

^Can you PM me a pic of one Norse?  I may be interested.  I'm also interested in doing a tent/moonlight test, but I've no plans on hitting the woods any time soon.

Hello Cotter,

I'll be hitting the woods this Sunday (day of the New Moon) for two weeks. The end of the two weeks should see us in full moonlight.

Guest Crowlogic

Hello Crowlogic,

I was using an orange nylon pup tent in 1971. Does that help? I was always in deep woods though so don't remember moonlight on it (no fly). But what speckled sunlight filtered through the canopy lit the inside up nicely

The light colored nylon are a perfect backdrop to let a shadow be seen through on the inside.  A decent full moon will do a good job of shadow casting just about anywhere. 

Admin

^Can you PM me a pic of one Norse?  I may be interested.  I'm also interested in doing a tent/moonlight test, but I've no plans on hitting the woods any time soon.

Going to Michigan, are ya?  :)

• Upvote 1

Shelter Halves= My first night in a tent. My first rainy night in a tent. First time trying to sleep in a wet sleeping bag (and failing miserably). First time I figured out it was all about the equipment.

Going to Michigan, are ya?  :)

I figured that Wisconsin was close enough to Michigan for a test.  Does lake Michigan count as Michigan?

Shelter Halves= My first night in a tent. My first rainy night in a tent. First time trying to sleep in a wet sleeping bag (and failing miserably). First time I figured out it was all about the equipment.

LOL, been there done that too.