Sasquatch Vs Bear

OKBFFan

I saw this addressed on the BFRO Facebook page this morning. Some folks mentioned stories told of bear backing off when a BF was in the area. Other folks mentioned sasquatches killing bears. We know (or at least we can guess) that a Sasquatch and bear would probably share the same habitat as they would be attracted to the same resources. Anyone have insight here? Are there "official" records of bear/ Sasquatch interactions and/or confrontations?

I saw this addressed on the BFRO Facebook page this morning. Some folks mentioned stories told of bear backing off when a BF was in the area. Other folks mentioned sasquatches killing bears. We know (or at least we can guess) that a Sasquatch and bear would probably share the same habitat as they would be attracted to the same resources. Anyone have insight here? Are there "official" records of bear/ Sasquatch interactions and/or confrontations?

Offhand, I'd say that would be some kind of fight. 

Squatch likely with longer arms and stronger power in his shoulders and arms, but the bear has the teeth and claws.  The Squatch likely would be a lot more intelligent and cunning, but the bear would be boring in with no real sense of its mortality.

Squatch could use a good-sized rock or even a good-sized stick/club, but the bear has a lower center of gravity on all fours.  I think even the winner would lose a lot.

I'd be curious which one was faster.

Admin

There are a few reports, probably less than two dozen, of bear/BF interactions. To my recollection, the bear never makes out well at all...

Guest OntarioSquatch

Sasquatch don't show themselves to a threat and black bear almost always run away. From what I know about the two, I think they coexist perfectly. 

The only report I ever remember hearing/seeing was a video where two guys in Alaska were in a boat a little off shore watching a large brown/grizzly bear. The man said the bear appeared to get nervous about something and retreated to the woods. Shortly after that, a sasquatch stepped out from the tree line and watched them for a short time before heading back into the woods. It's just another story but it does go along with other claims and sightings that say bears avoid them. If I can find the video I will edit it into this post. 

Sasquatch don't show themselves to a threat and black bear almost always run away. From what I know about the two, I think they coexist perfectly. 

I would think that would have to be true if in fact if Sasquatch does exist.  It seems most logical.

Alley's book Raincoast Sasquatch has some very interesting discussion of interactions with both black and brown bears.  They may prey on the former; both they and the latter give each other wide berths generally, if the accounts can be relied upon.

http://www.amazon.com/Raincoast-Sasquatch-Southeast-Northwest-Washington/dp/B00NPOC6CS/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1442238856&sr=1-2&keywords=raincoast+sasquatch

I also consider this book one of the very best reads on the sasquatch topic in general.

Edited by DWA

The only report I ever remember hearing/seeing was a video where two guys in Alaska were in a boat a little off shore watching a large brown/grizzly bear. The man said the bear appeared to get nervous about something and retreated to the woods. Shortly after that, a sasquatch stepped out from the tree line and watched them for a short time before heading back into the woods. It's just another story but it does go along with other claims and sightings that say bears avoid them. If I can find the video I will edit it into this post. 

Don't know if this is the same report.  But Alley's book that I reference above includes a report of almost the exact same thing.

Sasquatch & Bear?

“We were walking along a dirt/road trail along the canal system to find a good bass spot, as we were walking I thought I saw large brownish colored legs ahead on the trail. The Sasquatch was in a group of trees next to the canal I guess checking us out. The reason I am saying this is because we heard and saw the branches in front of us rustling. We were honestly scared and backed away slowly. Also nearby I found skeletal remains and hair from a bear that seemed to literally have been ripped in half.  FLâ€

Source: I dumped a lot of the report for efficiency but it may have been BFRO

“My wife and 5 children - moved to the undeveloped 50 + acres. That was my wife's father's until his death in 1973. We had lived there for about two or three months when I started hearing things that made me a little uncomfortable but not frightened. There were nights the dogs would bark and carry on but would not go after whatever it was they were barking at. And we would even run and hide when it would come to close to the house. I asked a couple of the neighbors and they would not discuss it saying it is just a deer or a bear. Yes there were deer and even a bear killed within a mile or so of the area, but any type of hunter would know that this was very unlikely, but not impossible.   Kyâ€

Source: I dumped a lot of the report for efficiency but it may have been BFRO

2010 January 18 – 1:00P Collier County, Florida

The other day I was in the Picayne Strand State Forest with a friend to find a good fishing spot. We were walking down a trail, scanning the area, when an ape stepped out. We noticed the animal before it saw us. Once the animal spotted us it retreated slowly into the woods. We then picked up large stones as a last line of defense. Both my friend and I slowly backed away, once we felt we were a t a safe distance we noticed the animal examining us from behind a tree. It was peering around a tree trunk and branches. The animal did not threaten us in any way, it seems to be very curious, investigative, and elusive animal. The ape stood about 7-7 ½ foot tall. It had reddish brown matted hair covering 2/3 of its body. The face seemed to have no hair what so ever. We then proceeded down the trail and noticed there was torn up remains of an adult black bear. Brown, 7.6 GCBFRO