Sept 17Th Bf Reported In Va.

Old Dog

Could be it is where they go to find all the rocks they throw?  I mean, they got to come from somewhere.  :-)

One of the many unanswered questions, I guess. All you can do is note the pattern and wait to see what develops.  I'll be looking for it along with you.

As I've always said too, if the body of bigfoot sighting reports is a group delusion, fabrication or hallucination, THAT fact is of far, far greater scientific significance than a not-so-extraordinary primate for which there is ample biological precedence. Precedent for a massive phenomenon like alleged illusory witness incidents, across time,  and international, gender, cultural and socio-economic boundaries? Not really any at all on this scale in recorded history. (Sorry, don't even make a pass at me you skeptics with unicorns, fairies, leprechaun's, dragons,  the South Seas Bubble or any other lame comparison. That is like comparing lightning to a lightning bug.)  Either the human race has suddenly and improbably developed that latent skill (Make no mistake about it. It would be a considerable skill) or the witnesses are seeing something real. That is an easy bet to make.

In my opinion, this is one of the most compelling arguments for existence.  You have what I consider to be a valid point in the discussion.

Admin

Some perspective on the location:

Bedford County (roughly outlined):

Bed - 1.png

Area of sighting:

Bed - 2.png

Ground level view approaching the sighting location (arrow indicates bridge, circles approximate location of creatures):

Bed - 3.png

post-224-0-86277400-1442967066_thumb.png

post-224-0-37287200-1442967212_thumb.png

post-224-0-67861400-1442967291_thumb.png

There is a long local history of mother and child sightings in the Ocala area. Most people don't bother reporting sightings, for obvious reasons... The creature that was filmed in Lettuce Lake area has been talked about for decades. To finally see an actual video of the creature is quite exciting! I'd love to know what type of animal it is carrying under its arm? You can only see the tail. Given the area, I'm going to say it is more than likely an alligator. 

Gator tail for dinner! :)

Edited by 67Mopar

Guest ChasingRabbits

Could be it is where they go to find all the rocks they throw?  I mean, they got to come from somewhere.  :-)

Nahhhhhhh! The Big Feet mine semiprecious and precious gemstones. They have a human front the rocks for them, selling them on Ebay or to rock and mineral shops. That's how they get the money to buy game cams and motion sensor devices to warn them when Big Foot hunters enter their territory. ;-)

It is just one report.  Standing alone, it is nothing. It doesn't stand alone, as we all know.  The Commonwealth has a long and detailed history. It is also where my two, "What the heck WAS that?" encounters took place.

It is people's stunning inability to take this thing and put it with this thing that...right, I said stunning.  Got it.  Done.  Not to mention the beyond-stunning lack of curiosity.  Which could also be spelled "intelligence."  We give ourselves far more credit for basic smarts than we should.

Of this, let me just say: Do you know anyone who takes the time and effort to fabricate a detailed story like this and then call up law enforcement to elaborate about it? Neither do I.  

It doesn't happen in the universe Homo sapiens inhabits (unless you have an exoplanet where it's documented).   People don't do it.

As for anonymous? Nobody can make an anonymous call to a police dispatcher, at least in the sense the phone # is not anonymous and probably the actual identity of the caller isn't as well.       

Then we're back to the stunning lack of ...intelligence.

It is a prime example, in a nutshell, of why we continue to spin wheels in this field. 

And in any field where people don't take seriously the question:  what could be causing this?

And no, we certainly don't take everything at face value. Neither do we assume a report is pure fabrication when it doesn't exactly come out of the blue and out of a vacuum.   I wish that all reports were detailed, comprehensive and fully attributed to the witness by name, as do you. You takes whats you gets though.  

Right.  Too many people try to parse the witness out of credibility.  Wrong approach.  Is there a good reason to discount them and your blazing need to doesn't count?

And do we wonder at all, given the derogatory nature of the comments to the news report, why a witness would not be eager to attach their name to such an account? (No, we do not) 

Well, wrong.  Bigfoot skeptics do.  We should all, they say, thirst for the ridicule that comes from reporting something everyone denies.  And back we go to the intelligence thing.

Are we grateful that a person submits an anonymous report, at least? (Yes we are)  Must we do additional research and apply experience to reports like these. (Yes, we must)  Are we able to just toss this aside and say it has no value? Not if we are smart.

And back to the inteletc.

The investment required to keep an open mind is miniscule. The price to pay for not is enormous. 

Nothing is better demonstrated, virtually daily, in the practice of science.  Everyday life, shoot.

Bedford County is about 800 sq. miles, give or take, roughly 40% is in agriculture. Beef and dairy cattle predominate.  Timber production is also huge. It has some areas of  concentrated population, Lynchburg for example, but lots of it is mountain/piedmont terrain. The reference to the Peaks of Otter in the witnesses' report is to one of the higher peaks in the S. Appalachians.  Lots of N. Forest  land too. The agricultural base is not of the extent you'd find over on the other side of the James River in the Valley to the north, but yeah, lots of wood and edge habitat and the population increases in the last 30 years have chopped up the terrain pretty well so you are not likely to find large single-crop intensive farm operations.  Let me just opine, if BF lives anywhere, it could certainly be in Bedford County, VA. Not a stretch in the least, if existence is assumed.

Chimps and gorillas live in places that could be similarly described.  Not alone and practically invisible to all but the lucky.  But in large social groups.

Until there is proof the applicable standard for any account is:  does it run in the stream of other accounts?  Do we have good reason to doubt the witness?  How much sense would a falsehood make?  The mentality that each account must be held to a higher standard than simply that just isn't how science operates.  When it's operating.

Oh, granted. There are degrees of usefulness in the reports.  The more reports I read though, it seems (absent some glaring inconsistency) the body of evidence is greater than the sum of its individual parts. It is interesting how this perception grows.

Right.  What I mean by "the pile."  One never evaluates the report (except to direct research)  beyond:  does it go on the pile or not?  We know it's not proof!

At work also, probably, is the likelihood  your average investigator for the BFRO has made his determination on the question of existence long ago. It might be as simple a calculation as, "Do I drive three hours to take another picture of another BF print nobody will pay attention to, or do I try to make my daughter's soccer game?"

No one who is not open minded and actively seeking proof can give an answer that I would respect.

As I've always said too, if the body of bigfoot sighting reports is a group delusion, fabrication or hallucination, THAT fact is of far, far greater scientific significance than a not-so-extraordinary primate for which there is ample biological precedence.

Obvious to scientists.  To the reality-challenged:  not so much.  The comprehensive false positive is one of the most earthshattering phenomena in our species' history.  The ape?  Garden variety duh.

Precedent for a massive phenomenon like alleged illusory witness incidents, across time,  and international, gender, cultural and socio-economic boundaries? Not really any at all on this scale in recorded history. (Sorry, don't even make a pass at me you skeptics with unicorns, fairies, leprechaun's, dragons,  the South Seas Bubble or any other lame comparison. That is like comparing lightning to a lightning bug.)  Either the human race has suddenly and improbably developed that latent skill (Make no mistake about it. It would be a considerable skill) or the witnesses are seeing something real. That is an easy bet to make.

Left for the emphasis.

Edited by DWA

I'd plus you, plussing me, DWA... but that seems kind of self-serving. Should we plus each other? That might not be legal in some jurisdictions.  True that, though. Every word "we" wrote.

"Of this, let me just say: Do you know anyone who takes the time and effort to fabricate a detailed story like this and then call up law enforcement to elaborate about it? Neither do I.  

It doesn't happen in the universe Homo sapiens inhabits (unless you have an exoplanet where it's documented).   People don't do it."

Do you seriously believe the above? People never create elaborate stories and tell them to the authorities? You can't be serious.

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

I'd plus you, plussing me, DWA... but that seems kind of self-serving. Should we plus each other? That might not be legal in some jurisdictions.  True that, though. Every word "we" wrote.

"We" indeed.  I think that the forces insisting that sasquatch is a massive comprehensive hoax requiring better coordination than anything else in human history so far is...well...one might as well just think that, you know, DWA and WSA are the same guy posting under different names.

And of course they do...because for such folk, nothing could possibly be more likely than What They Think.  Nothing.

PLUSSED!

Wonder what dmaker is thinking of this.  Wonder whether....naaaaaaaaaaaaah.

PLUSSED!

You see I plussed you, right?  RIGHT?  How can two people plus each other when they're the same person, right?  AMIRIGHT, PEOPLE?

PLUSSED!

One could raise the spectre of The Introduction of Denialism to a thread about concrete evidence and this is, couldn't one.  Hmmmmmm.  Couldn't one.

Nah, having too much fun (and besides, checking in late, I missed my opp, and opted for fun).